sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Rayscaper New Releases

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Extensions & Applications Discussions
    rayscaperrender
    475 Posts 12 Posters 217.5k Views 13 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • ntxdaveN
      ntxdave
      last edited by

      Not sure now how I originally installed the extension, but I feel pretty confident I have updated it before via SketchUcation Tools. When I go to the SketchUp Extension manager, it says I have 0.9.92. I would like to update to the 0.9.93 version. Does this mean I need to download the new version and install if "from scratch" or is there some way I can do it via SketchUcation Tools?

      Press F1...thank me later

      Rich O BrienR 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrassK
        Krass
        last edited by

        I should point out that I initially succeeded with a project in version 93. Then this problem occurred.

        Krass

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Rich O BrienR
          Rich O Brien Moderator @ntxdave
          last edited by

          @ntxdave said:

          Does this mean I need to download the new version and install if "from scratch" or is there some way I can do it via SketchUcation Tools?

          Open Extensions > Sketchucation > ExtensionStore

          Search for Rayscaper and click install.

          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

          ntxdaveN 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • ntxdaveN
            ntxdave @Rich O Brien
            last edited by

            @Rich-O-Brien OK, got the latest version installed now.
            I should have known this myself. DUH!

            Press F1...thank me later

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • G
              gabrielaher Newcomers
              last edited by

              How its takes to give the license via email???

              P 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • P
                pixelcruncher Extension Creator @Mike Amos
                last edited by

                Hey @Mike-Amos,

                Could you provide a screenshot? Here's what I see when hiding the assets panel. As you can see I still have a progress bar, so I think we are talking about different things:

                5be37c7f-3424-4f39-8a1f-b6389e7389a7-image.jpeg

                I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • P
                  pixelcruncher Extension Creator @Krass
                  last edited by

                  @Krass

                  Thanks for the report, I can confirm the error with GPU rendering. Would you mind sending me the scene so I can try to reproduce the error?

                  Thanks,
                  Thomas

                  I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                  KrassK 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • P
                    pixelcruncher Extension Creator @gabrielaher
                    last edited by

                    Hi @gabrielaher ,

                    You can buy a Rayscaper license here (if you are logged in): https://sketchucation.com/purchase-smart.php?plugin=rayscaper

                    To manage a license you already have, you can do that here: https://sketchucation.com/webshop/my-licences.php

                    Let us know if you need more help.

                    Regards,
                    Thomas

                    I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • KrassK
                      Krass @pixelcruncher
                      last edited by

                      @pixelcruncher said:

                      @Krass

                      Thanks for the report, I can confirm the error with GPU rendering. Would you mind sending me the scene so I can try to reproduce the error?

                      Thanks,
                      Thomas
                      Hello, it's done, I sent you the file

                      Krass

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • P
                        pixelcruncher Extension Creator
                        last edited by

                        Hey, Rayscaper users!

                        Rayscaper 0.9.94 Beta is available. You can get it via:

                        • The SketchUcation store.
                        • Direct download: Rayscaper_Win_0.9.94_Beta.rbz.

                        I recommend upgrading to the latest version.

                        What Changed?

                        • Fix occasional skewed or corrupted textures in renders.
                        • Fix render failures when emissive materials are assigned to a group or component instance instead of directly to faces. (Cheers @krass for helping me find this bug!)

                        Full release notes: rayscaper.com/manual/release-notes

                        Help Me Build the Community 👍

                        If you like Rayscaper, please share your renders (final or work-in-progress, it doesn't matter)! This is motivating
                        and helps me showcase its capabilities to new users.

                        Follow me on X.

                        Happy Rendering!
                        Thomas

                        I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • P
                          pixelcruncher Extension Creator
                          last edited by

                          Hey, Rayscaper users!

                          Rayscaper 0.9.95 Beta is available. You can get it via:

                          • The SketchUcation store.
                          • Direct download: Rayscaper_Win_0.9.95_Beta.rbz.

                          I recommend upgrading to the latest version.

                          What Changed?

                          • Improve asset setup feedback. Rayscaper now shows the asset name during setup.
                          • Improve asset download reliability. Large Poly Haven assets now use less memory and complete more reliably.
                          • Add Max Transparent Depth render control for GI and Approx. GI. Increase it when layered transparent or opacity-based materials render black where several panes overlap.

                          Full release notes: rayscaper.com/manual/release-notes

                          Help Me Build the Community 👍

                          If you like Rayscaper, please share your renders (final or work-in-progress, it doesn't matter)! This is motivating
                          and helps me showcase its capabilities to new users.

                          Follow me on X.

                          Happy Rendering!
                          Thomas

                          I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                          KrassK 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • KrassK
                            Krass @pixelcruncher
                            last edited by Krass

                            @pixelcruncher
                            Hello Thomas,
                            An exercise using a previous client project with version 0.9.95.
                            A 4K render at 3000 spp, taking 1 hour 44 minutes on an RTX 3060 GPU.
                            Then downscaled to 1080p to use with GPT images for the characters (it’s a lot of work!).
                            Followed by compositing the characters back onto my original Rayscaper render.
                            I definitely messed up the glass on the pendant light, and forgot to finish the window view background...but I stayed honest and didn't ask ChatGPT to fix it! It’s a chandelier from 3D Warehouse, after all—naturally!

                            raw RS 1080p render:
                            alt text

                            with characters:

                            alt text

                            Krass

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 1
                            • P
                              pixelcruncher Extension Creator
                              last edited by

                              That's actually a very nice use of classic rendering + AI. Thanks for sharing! Why not render directly in 1080p if you have to downscale it for use with AI?

                              I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • KrassK
                                Krass
                                last edited by Krass

                                I hold the view that renders should always be generated at high resolution. I still believe that. It allows for error correction during post-production and adds details that you wouldn't get at low resolution. You also gain sharpness. However, I've noticed that using a high number of SPP doesn't make much of a difference. I think that's what you were saying.

                                Krass

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 1
                                • KrassK
                                  Krass
                                  last edited by

                                  And I feel compelled to emphasize—for users of true path-tracing renderers—that the denoiser really compromises image quality. You only have to test it yourself: even though Rayscaper’s denoiser is excellent, a 1080p render won't be particularly sharp or detailed. Paradoxically, simply increasing the render resolution actually saves time in the end; once displayed at a smaller size or downsampled, the result is far superior to simply increasing the samples per pixel (spp) at a lower resolution.

                                  Krass

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • KrassK
                                    Krass
                                    last edited by

                                    hello Pixelcruncher,
                                    I tryied to edit a sketchup material of a shrub in photoshop and saved it, save the model and rayscaper did this. Any idea or solution? Thanjs

                                    SketchUp_wKPuhHrc7H.png

                                    Krass

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • P
                                      pixelcruncher Extension Creator
                                      last edited by

                                      @krass - That means Rayscaper can't find the image after you edited it in Photoshop. Did you happen to save it under a different filename?

                                      As a workaround, try reloading this material to see if it works.

                                      image.jpeg

                                      I will have a fix in the next release, which will land shortly.

                                      Regards,
                                      Thomas

                                      I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • KrassK
                                        Krass
                                        last edited by

                                        yes thanks Thomas, I made a copy ok the texture file in a other folder, and it works. It Keeps UV's

                                        Krass

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • KrassK
                                          Krass
                                          last edited by

                                          One of the options I’d like to have in Rayscaper is the ability to adjust the colors and values ​​of a photo texture for a PBR material.

                                          Krass

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • KrassK
                                            Krass
                                            last edited by

                                            the Hide assets function is great !

                                            Krass

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 20
                                            • 21
                                            • 22
                                            • 23
                                            • 24
                                            • 23 / 24
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement