sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    The "Duh!" thread (aka the Doh! thread)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    696 Posts 135 Posters 580.0k Views 135 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      Aerilius
      last edited by

      (This belongs probably also into the developers forums:)

      window.onerror = function(errorMsg, url, lineNumber){ return true }
      

      This catches WebDialog script error popups (should they still sometimes occur after thorough testing)!
      Why didn't I find that before?
      Note: It needs to be assigned directly to %(#000000)[window] and not attached like %(#000000)[$(window).bind("error", function(){})].

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • GaieusG
        Gaieus
        last edited by

        Interesting. I do not have that "duh moment" reading this. πŸ˜†

        Gai...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • jeff hammondJ
          jeff hammond
          last edited by

          @gaieus said:

          Interesting. I do not have that "duh moment" reading this. πŸ˜†

          same here… more like an "uhhhhh πŸ˜• moment"
          πŸ˜†

          dotdotdot

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • kenK
            ken
            last edited by

            I guess I could call this "The Well I'll be Darn Thread". I have used Sketchup since V 4. And I know that the text tool will give me info on geometry. Like length, area, but today, surprise, I used the text tool on the apex of an angle and I got the following, the degrees of the angle in the text box. Never saw that before, and I would have an illustration to show you if I could get the text tool to do it again.

            Ken

            Fight like your the third monkey on Noah's Ark gangway.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • GaieusG
              Gaieus
              last edited by

              I was reading a topic and realized that I did not understand a word.
              Then looked up and also realized I was in the Developers Forum. πŸ˜’

              Gai...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • thomthomT
                thomthom
                last edited by

                @gaieus said:

                I was reading a topic and realized that I did not understand a word.
                Then looked up and also realized I was in the Developers Forum. πŸ˜’

                0101011101101000011000010111010000101100001000000111100101101111011101010010000001100100011011110010000001101110011011110111010000100000011101010110111001100100011001010111001001110011011101000110000101101110011001000010000001100010011010010110111001100001011100100111100100111111
                

                Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • TIGT
                  TIG Moderator
                  last edited by

                  Didn't you mean

                  010110010110111101110101001000000110010001101111001000000110111001101111011101000010000001110101011011100110010001100101011100100111001101110100011000010110111001100100001000000110001001101001011011100110000101110010011110010010000000100001
                  

                  πŸ˜• πŸ˜‰

                  TIG

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Rich O BrienR
                    Rich O Brien Moderator
                    last edited by

                    01101000 01101111 01110111 00100000 01110010 01110101 01100100 01100101 00100001
                    

                    Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • TIGT
                      TIG Moderator
                      last edited by

                      It wasn't... but

                      0100011001100101011000110110101100100000011010010111001100100000011100100111010101100100011001010010000000100001
                      

                      TIG

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • M
                        mrossk
                        last edited by

                        I think I got geek all over me πŸ˜‰

                        https://www.mkaplanfinefurniture.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pilouP
                          pilou
                          last edited by

                          πŸ’š

                          	100001
                          	11000
                          	1110
                          	100011
                          	1100
                          	10001
                          	100100
                          	11110
                          

                          Frenchy Pilou
                          Is beautiful that please without concept!
                          My Little site :)

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • thomthomT
                            thomthom
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            Found a cool one today.

                            Copy a line over and type 6" to set the distance. Then type *10 to array it 10 times.

                            What I already knew was that you can type *8 or *4 or whatever to adjust the number of arrayed items.

                            However I just found out that if you type 3" or 10" it will keep your array but adjust the spacing. Pretty sweet!

                            -Brodie

                            Duh!

                            That is sweet!

                            The manual doesn't even mention this!
                            http://support.google.com/sketchup/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=94863

                            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • H
                              Heaps
                              last edited by

                              It even works with circular arrays - just type in the angle in degrees

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • brodieB
                                brodie
                                last edited by

                                Found a cool one today.

                                Copy a line over and type 6" to set the distance. Then type *10 to array it 10 times.

                                What I already knew was that you can type *8 or *4 or whatever to adjust the number of arrayed items.

                                However I just found out that if you then type 3" or 10" it will keep your array but adjust the spacing. Pretty sweet!

                                -Brodie

                                steelblue http://www.steelbluellc.com

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • broomstickB
                                  broomstick
                                  last edited by

                                  @unknownuser said:

                                  Found a cool one today.

                                  Copy a line over and type 6" to set the distance. Then type *10 to array it 10 times.

                                  What I already knew was that you can type *8 or *4 or whatever to adjust the number of arrayed items.

                                  However I just found out that if you then type 3" or 10" it will keep your array but adjust the spacing. Pretty sweet!

                                  -Brodie

                                  This, sir, just made my day!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Bob JamesB
                                    Bob James
                                    last edited by

                                    +1

                                    i7-4930K 3.4Ghz, 2x GTX780 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 500GB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro, X-keys XK-60

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • jgbJ
                                      jgb
                                      last edited by

                                      @unknownuser said:

                                      Found a cool one today. πŸ˜’

                                      Copy a line over and type 6" to set the distance. Then type *10 to array it 10 times.

                                      What I already knew was that you can type *8 or *4 or whatever to adjust the number of arrayed items.

                                      However I just found out that if you then type 3" or 10" it will keep your array but adjust the spacing. Pretty sweet!

                                      -Brodie

                                      I just wish you found this last week, when I needed it. πŸ˜†


                                      jgb

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        d12dozr
                                        last edited by

                                        @unknownuser said:

                                        Found a cool one today.

                                        Copy a line over and type 6" to set the distance. Then type *10 to array it 10 times.

                                        What I already knew was that you can type *8 or *4 or whatever to adjust the number of arrayed items.

                                        However I just found out that if you then type 3" or 10" it will keep your array but adjust the spacing. Pretty sweet!

                                        -Brodie

                                        I learned that just a couple months ago from Dave R at a local meetup πŸ‘

                                        3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                                        http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • aarondietzenA
                                          aarondietzen
                                          last edited by

                                          Shift + Eraser to smooth...

                                          I know that this has always been there, but I just discovered it recently (Duh!) thanks to another thread here... I cannot tell you how many times I have tweaked, and redone a push/pull or follow me command just to minimize the number of lines on a solid!

                                          Ah... feels good to share my stupidity!

                                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                                          - Albert Einstein

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • massimoM
                                            massimo Moderator
                                            last edited by

                                            Ctrl+ eraser is to smooth. Shift+eraser is to hide. πŸ˜‰

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 19
                                            • 20
                                            • 21
                                            • 22
                                            • 23
                                            • 34
                                            • 35
                                            • 21 / 35
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement