sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Sketchup 2013 issues

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    208 Posts 53 Posters 54.8k Views 53 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • thomthomT
      thomthom
      last edited by

      It doesn't remember your setting after you've browsed your way to Sketchup.exe?

      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrisidiousK
        Krisidious
        last edited by

        You also might try the down arrow just under Chrome, (Other Programs) it may show SketchUp with out browsing to it.

        By: Kristoff Rand
        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • david_hD
          david_h
          last edited by

          @krisidious said:

          use that browse feature to find the SU V8 exe and then make sure that "Always use this application is checked" it should then default back to SU8.

          @unknownuser said:

          It doesn't remember your setting after you've browsed your way to Sketchup.exe?

          @krisidious said:

          You also might try the down arrow just under Chrome, (Other Programs) it may show SketchUp with out browsing to it.

          Tried that several times. . .and it won't let me select Sketchup.exe or remember it. I will give it another go based on your suggestions.

          Thanks guys.

          D
          UPDATE . .when I click the down arrow to show additional programs. . .Sketchup Doesn't show up.

          If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • KrisidiousK
            Krisidious
            last edited by

            @unknownuser said:

            @krisidious said:

            use that browse feature to find the SU V8 exe and then make sure that "Always use this application is checked" it should then default back to SU8.

            @unknownuser said:

            It doesn't remember your setting after you've browsed your way to Sketchup.exe?

            @krisidious said:

            You also might try the down arrow just under Chrome, (Other Programs) it may show SketchUp with out browsing to it.

            Tried that several times. . .and it won't let me select Sketchup.exe or remember it. I will give it another go based on your suggestions.

            Thanks guys.

            D
            UPDATE . .when I click the down arrow to show additional programs. . .Sketchup Doesn't show up.

            You're right... I just tried it and it won't go back to SU V8. This is not good.

            By: Kristoff Rand
            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Rich O BrienR
              Rich O Brien Moderator
              last edited by

              Google want it back

              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • EdsonE
                Edson
                last edited by

                @chris fullmer said:

                Not a bad suggestion. Its too late at this point, but it could be a feature for the future. For now, you can differentiate by the default tool icons, if that helps.

                Chris

                in macs, if you have 8 and 2013 side by side on the dock, you can see that the 2013 icon is noticeably smaller thanthe previous one.

                edson mahfuz, architect| porto alegre β€’ brasil
                http://www.mahfuz.arq.br

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • david_hD
                  david_h
                  last edited by

                  @rich o brien said:

                  Google want it back

                  Well that's it. I'm bolting over to Form Z--

                  or at least form Y --it's an earlier version. Probably cheaper. πŸ’š

                  If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Dan RathbunD
                    Dan Rathbun
                    last edited by

                    @krisidious said:

                    You're right... I just tried it and it won't go back to SU V8.

                    What if you run SU 8, then close it.

                    Hoping it will reset the file association. At least it DOES on XP, AFAIK.

                    I'm not here much anymore.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • KrisidiousK
                      Krisidious
                      last edited by

                      Dan, Yes that did fix it. SU v8 is now the default program to open SU files...

                      By: Kristoff Rand
                      Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        jpalm32
                        last edited by

                        @krisidious said:

                        Dan, Yes that did fix it. SU v8 is now the default program to open SU files...

                        I had this happen before '13. Trird everything, after a MS update, reboot, all was fine.
                        It wasn't the update, just the hard re-boot.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • david_hD
                          david_h
                          last edited by

                          Did the hard re-boot. .. really hard. Steel-toed. . .

                          Didn't work. . .Capture.PNG

                          I opened SU and ran it a bit. Closed. Did the hard re-boot. . .

                          Did I miss a step?

                          If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • J
                            jpalm32
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            Did the hard re-boot. .. really hard. Steel-toed. . .

                            Didn't work. . .[attachment=0:15q8qcdn]<!-- ia0 -->Capture.PNG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:15q8qcdn]

                            I opened SU and ran it a bit. Closed. Did the hard re-boot. . .

                            Did I miss a step?

                            Nope!
                            Sorry that what worked for me.
                            Did open SU8 and load some files saved/closed a few times.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • KrisidiousK
                              Krisidious
                              last edited by

                              open SU V8
                              close it.
                              find a file of V8 skp and right click on it.
                              open with.
                              navigate to the V8 exe.
                              click ok
                              should open in V8 now.

                              By: Kristoff Rand
                              Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • P
                                Penguin2
                                last edited by

                                Toolbars for Plugins missing.

                                Loaded the following from EW:-
                                'Selection Toys'
                                'Edge Tools2'

                                Tried un-checking then re-checking in Toolbar list. Still not visible.

                                I am finding this release very frustrating. EW doesn't work for me and the whole presentation is ???

                                If I could get the installation from EW to work I might be persuaded to continue despite the smaller awful red tool icons (not very professional).

                                Has anyone else had these problems?

                                Cheers
                                Penguin2

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • soloS
                                  solo
                                  last edited by

                                  @penguin2 said:

                                  Toolbars for Plugins missing.

                                  Loaded the following from EW:-
                                  'Selection Toys'
                                  'Edge Tools2'

                                  Tried un-checking then re-checking in Toolbar list. Still not visible.

                                  I am finding this release very frustrating. EW doesn't work for me and the whole presentation is ???

                                  If I could get the installation from EW to work I might be persuaded to continue despite the smaller awful red tool icons (not very professional).

                                  Has anyone else had these problems?

                                  Cheers
                                  Penguin2

                                  Try restarting SU.

                                  http://www.solos-art.com

                                  If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • K
                                    kaas
                                    last edited by

                                    @penguin2 said:

                                    Toolbars for Plugins missing.
                                    Loaded the following from EW:-
                                    'Selection Toys'
                                    'Edge Tools2'

                                    Had the same problem with the selection toys. After downloading the latest version and manually installing the plugin (copy files to plugin directory) it works.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • C
                                      cuttingedge
                                      last edited by

                                      I had bugsplat after bugsplat after bugsplat just using roundcorners plugin.

                                      Copy- paste from skp 2013 to version 8 is not possible.

                                      I feel that the icons in version 8 looks better than 2013

                                      The right click for turning on and off plugins is really handy but icons don't stay in place after restart.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • plesiosaurP
                                        plesiosaur
                                        last edited by

                                        I noticed that Fredo6’s plugins do not appear in the EW, does anyone know why?
                                        Also, the Fredo6 plugins that I installed in SU2013 do not work, these are the error messages I’m getting:

                                        "Cannot load plugin LibFredo6 because the script cannot create DEFPARAM_Dir folder in:

                                        C:/Program Files (x86)/SketchUP/SketchUP 2013/Plugins

                                        Please create it manually, respecting the case"

                                        Also,

                                        "Error Loading File LibFredo6.rb
                                        undefined method 'average_load_time' for
                                        Traductor::Plugin:Class"

                                        Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Does anyone have a suggestion, I use the roundcorners.rb and FredoTools.rb a lot.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • plesiosaurP
                                          plesiosaur
                                          last edited by

                                          FYI for those who use 3Dconnexion products:

                                          I am, or have been, using a 3Dconnecxion SpacePilot Pro with SU8; it appears that 3Dconnexion does not play well with SU2013, at least not for me.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Alan FraserA
                                            Alan Fraser
                                            last edited by

                                            Unless that's a typo on your part, the fault may lie in the syntax. SketchUp shouldn't have a capital P.
                                            I can't say I've had any problem with any of Fredo's plugins...Round Corners included, after I upgraded the LibFredo6 Library files.

                                            3D Figures
                                            Were you required to walk 500 miles? Were you advised to walk 500 more?
                                            You could be entitled to compensation. Call the Pro Claimers now!

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 6 / 11
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement