sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] Universal Importer - v1.2.6 - 30 July 2024

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    453 Posts 112 Posters 612.1k Views 113 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • samuel_tS
      samuel_t @brianroy2
      last edited by

      @brianroy2

      Hi, thanks for your bug report.

      I would be interested to have a copy of this STEP file (in private if you prefer) to confirm or not if this issue is macOS-specific 🤔

      How did you install Universal Importer, using the Extension Manager or another method?

      Could you please open the Terminal app on your Mac, paste the two commands below (one after the other), and send me their output?

      xattr "/Users/brianroy/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/universal_importer/Applications/Mayo/Mac/mayo-conv"

      "/Users/brianroy/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2024/SketchUp/Plugins/universal_importer/Applications/Mayo/Mac/mayo-conv" --system-info

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pilouP
        pilou
        last edited by pilou

        Hello
        ça faisait longtemps! 🙂 SketchUp Make 2017
        J'ai fait marché le plugin avec des modèles FBX réalisés avec le Free Tripo AI!
        En Retopologie basse résolution Game Asset (3000) pas de problème!
        A la résolution du dessus, (Low 5000) je n'ai pas la proposition de réduction des polygones dans Universal Importer!
        Et donc mon écran reste noir! Et cela échoue!
        Y a-t-il un nombre maximum en entrée ?

        Merci d'avance des conseils! 🙂
        mon modèle :
        https://www.tripo3d.ai/app/model/d122e434-c32d-4bac-adaa-1d47968dd18f

        Le modèle donné par Tripo
        Nickel_Robot_Tripo.jpg

        Mon propre modèle
        Nickel_Tractor2.jpg

        Frenchy Pilou
        Is beautiful that please without concept!
        My Little site :)

        samuel_tS 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • samuel_tS
          samuel_t @pilou
          last edited by

          @pilou Hello, how have you been since then?

          I haven't set any hard limits in the Universal Importer plugin code... However, depending on your machine's specifications (especially the amount of system RAM), the import may be slow or even fail.

          Or maybe the second retopology generates an invalid model.

          Can you please send me the files directly in both resolutions? Because I don't wish to spend Tripo credits 😅

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pilouP
            pilou
            last edited by pilou

            @samuel_t
            Med resolution (who don't works)
            https://moiscript.weebly.com/uploads/3/9/3/8/3938813/tripo_convert_a8a4796d-366a-45ec-b815-09b229a99bbd__2_.fbx

            Low resolution who works
            https://moiscript.weebly.com/uploads/3/9/3/8/3938813/tripo_convert_c35581b0-d804-4224-990b-b31022f0afd8.fbx

            Maybe the textures...
            https://moiscript.weebly.com/uploads/3/9/3/8/3938813/uir-source.fbx

            But maybe sure on my latop 12 years old there is only 8G Hard Memory! 🙂

            Frenchy Pilou
            Is beautiful that please without concept!
            My Little site :)

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • U
              Uhlala Newcomers
              last edited by

              Hi, I have the same message as romanencom with Universal Importer 1.2.6

              Any idea? Thanks.

              Captura de pantalla 2025-10-24 142802.png

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • U
                Uhlala Newcomers @romanencom
                last edited by

                @romanencodem Hi, I have the same issue with Universal Importer 1.2.6

                Any idea? Thanks.Captura de pantalla 2025-10-24 142802.png

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • B
                  BGUERRE
                  last edited by

                  hello
                  thank you to provide universal importer to the SU community.
                  Unfortunately, i did try to dowload .obj file, but get the following error message
                  8d4f79a6-b19a-4b4a-b105-c2b4f1c06fa7-image.png

                  OBJ fil is about 16 MO and he was generating by 3D Snap an IOS app.
                  Any suggestion ?.
                  thank you
                  Bruno

                  samuel_tS 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • samuel_tS
                    samuel_t @BGUERRE
                    last edited by samuel_t

                    @BGUERRE Hello,

                    You're welcome!

                    Seems there's an issue in .MTL file paired with .OBJ file.
                    Can you please upload them and send me both (in private if you prefer)?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Rich O BrienR Rich O Brien referenced this topic on
                    • K
                      kevgrn114 Newcomers
                      last edited by

                      Hi, Just found your Universal plugin today, I've been wanting something like that for a long time!! It seem to work fine for me exporting dxf files from lightburn except that anything that is a curve is chopped up into dashed lines. Squares come in fine but circles or curves get the dash effect. Any thoughts? Thanks

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • T
                        titiinorbita
                        last edited by

                        This post is deleted!
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • A
                          artemisglt
                          last edited by

                          hello! and thank you for the great plug in! I am trying to import an obj file of this bed in sketchup.
                          link text

                          I select the option to claim missing textures and select the obj file. In which order do I select the textures?

                          The model has a diffuse map, two normal maps and a displacement map. If I select the diffuse map and the two normal maps, I get an error..

                          Any ideas?

                          TEST OBJ.png

                          panixiaP 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • panixiaP
                            panixia @artemisglt
                            last edited by

                            @artemisglt You just select the diffuse map and call it a day.
                            (you can add the other maps after the import if you really need them)

                            A 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • A
                              artemisglt @panixia
                              last edited by

                              @panixia if i press claim missing textures, then import the obj object, I select the diffuse map and then it asks me to select again another missing texture. if i click the normal map, it asks me for a third texture and if select all three I receive an error. if i select the diffuse map every time again I receive an error.. any ideas?

                              panixiaP 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • panixiaP
                                panixia @artemisglt
                                last edited by

                                @artemisglt does it happen with a specific model or with all models?

                                A 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • A
                                  artemisglt @panixia
                                  last edited by

                                  @panixia it happens with all the models, that is why I asked to see what I am doing wrong. I send the link to the initial model, I referred to, if you can have a look.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • M
                                    mblally Newcomers
                                    last edited by

                                    Hello, thank you for the community plugin, but I'm getting this error message when I try to import. It looks like you had someone else with a similar error about a year ago. Any solution?
                                    Screenshot 2026-10-05 144425.png

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 18
                                    • 19
                                    • 20
                                    • 21
                                    • 22
                                    • 23
                                    • 20 / 23
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement