sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Curviloft (Beta) Plugin Tutorial

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    45 Posts 21 Posters 60.9k Views 21 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L
      lapx
      last edited by

      Charly,

      I have an irregular column shape I'm trying to make using curviloft. Stitching the circle and the shapes together should have worked but it did not. Do the segments on each shape have to be equal in number?
      also the top of the planter is not flat it should be from with a curve in the z plane. Not certain how I would construct this.
      How can this be done? See attached skp file.


      column.skp

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • TIGT
        TIG Moderator
        last edited by

        Lapx

        Is this the result you seek?
        Select the three 'profiles' of edges and run CurviLoft.
        The initial result might be somewhat twisted, because the top circle's 'start' is rotated relative the the 'starts' of the other curves... but you can easily relocate that point around the curve in the tool.... before committing to the form...


        Capture.PNG

        TIG

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • brookefoxB
          brookefox
          last edited by

          The start point may not matter depending on the Vx setting.

          Note the black previews which if I orbit during, causes the whole operation to be discarded.

          The first pics show 1,2,3 from the bottom up.

          curviloft-loft by spline-post-1.JPG

          curviloft-loft by spline-post-1a.JPG

          curviloft-loft by spline-post-1b.JPG

          Here from the top down.

          curviloft-loft by spline-post-2.JPG

          curviloft-loft by spline-post-3.JPG

          ~ Brooke

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • micioneM
            micione
            last edited by

            Hi all,
            Watching this tutorial, I found the window (red arrow) in the photo.
            Does anybody know tell me the path to find it?
            Thanks in advance

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • micioneM
              micione
              last edited by

              Sorry,
              photo.


              curviloft.jpg

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • charly2008C
                charly2008
                last edited by

                Hi Roberto,

                you will find it in the Tools menu.

                Charly


                2012-05-27_204412.jpg

                He who makes no mistakes, makes nothing

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • micioneM
                  micione
                  last edited by

                  Charly,
                  Thank you very much.
                  (I tried to send a private message, but evidently you have not received).

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • C
                    ccs1987
                    last edited by

                    Awesome tutorials

                    Sketchup 8 pro
                    Vray

                    Intel Xeon W3520 2.67Ghz
                    12Gb Ram
                    Nvdia Quadro FX 1800

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • LanaL
                      Lana
                      last edited by

                      Very good . I learned a lot here . Thank you all .

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • sketchartist023S
                        sketchartist023
                        last edited by

                        I have not been able to manipulate the GUI interface with this tool, so I am left with overlapping issues in my model 😕 I am not sure what to do, but wow this tool is amazing so far! My concept is taking a plane lettering and then using a half circle guide flow to reform it to a rectangle below the lettering facing the same direction. SO, just a morphed half loop from letter to poly. But always get overlapping and face issues since I cannot use the points on the GUI. I wish I could do this stuff above! Will keep trying 😄

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Dave RD
                          Dave R
                          last edited by

                          If you'd like help, upload an example SKP file so we can see what you are trying to do.

                          Etaoin Shrdlu

                          %

                          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                          M30

                          %

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • 3
                          • 1 / 3
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement