Is SketchUp Now Open-Source? Trimble Won't Like This
-
How about transporting DYNAMIC-COMPONENTS into Python PlugIns? Perhaps thorough AI?
i doubt in capability about this since IngeTrazo have no feature of dynamics component currently. However, a small to medium complexity of plugin creates by detecting object and properties seems to be possible. I personally succeed to port my plugin in exporting.
*updates
this you may looking for. ( link )
-
If all the features SketchUp lacks become available natively—without extensions—it will be incredible; the bevel option alone is a huge deal. Impressive.
-
@diredjo
Who is saying you have to agree?
Look, wanting the product to succeed AND see the realities of the market AND how litigation is a massive part of life these days. The real world has a way of smacking folk down. Language use has been suggested as needing a bit of help.
Do not be surprised if Trimble litigate. -
How about transporting DYNAMIC-COMPONENTS into Python PlugIns? Perhaps thorough AI?
That should be possible if you have the unencrypted source code. But I doubt Trimble would hand it over. And decrypting it would probably lead to copyright issues...
But of course, you can write your own plugin
I think it’s still a little too early to invest any time in that. But if it turns out well, it will surely be a very interesting plugin platform, and then maybe even a plugin converter could be developed. -
I agree with @mike-amos - There's clearly strong demand for a 3D tool as easy as SketchUp, but using the SketchUp name / marketing angle might get you in hot water with Trimble. But I could be wrong here, a lot of motivated people are chomping at the bit to dethrone established software and it's hard to keep them at bay. I know of a company in the real estate SaaS here in Belgium that's trying to cease and desist challengers but there are a lot of motivated people that want to take their share of that juicy real estate SaaS market here in Belgium.
-
PushPull [FollowMe]'
i seen this may problematic, a general names is extrude and sweep
Look, wanting the product to succeed AND see the realities of the market AND how litigation is a massive part of life these days.
for this, a case similar with Intellicad with Autocad and it seems not a problem.
apologizes when i answered with doubting since i'm not a lawyer.
-
@diredjo
You misunderstood my point.
SketchUp might think they 'own' some tool-names like PushPull and FollowMe - but then calling 'equivalent-tools' say Extrude [or perhaps Pull or Push] and Follow [or perhaps Sweep or Follow or FollowPath or ExtrudeAlong] would be cleaner and safer naming ways. There are easy ways to avoid 'passing-off' accusations... -
Fact is, "Sketchup" is a trade mark and has property rights to it, downright calling a program that acts like Sketchup in many ways "open source Sketchup" is misleading and false advertising. Trimble could already be talking to lawyers and arranging to completely ruin someone's LIFE.
Trade mark, copyright etc do not come cheap and when they pull the trigger with lawyers it will already cost them money so they will want THAT back for starters. Take a good look at the folk who made fan films in the Star Trek genre to see just how it can blow up in your face.
I hope this works out, I really do as competition is GOOD.
-
-
The developer did not put "Sketchup" in the name. That's the YouTube influencers doing. It's simply Ingetrazo. So I don't see a problem with Trimble coming after the developer because of using the word "Sketchup".
I been watching this very closely and been testing it myself. I'm not happy with the way Trimble abandoned older loyal users like myself. Years ago I worked and saved money to buy a Pro license for around $700. Recently built a new PC and found out my Pro version of Sketchup can no longer be authorized. I do have 2017 free version but it's not Pro like I'm used to. So my main 3D pipeline been completely upended by both Trimble and the new overlords of Thea Render who both decided to abandon the very users who enthusiastically supported them in the past. Thea Render also discontinued support for the perpetual licenses we paid real money for. So I give a warm welcome to Ingetrazo and wish it all the best. If this new program gets proper texturing tools which Sketchup always lacked, it would be incredible. So far the plugins have started pouring in and I'm excited.
-
Can someone tell me how to use the follow me tool in Ingetrazo. When I have tried, I could not get it to work like it does in SketchUp.
-
@ntxdave I got it to work fine. Just select the edge/s you want to follow, click on the follow me tool, then click on the face of the shape you want to follow the edge. I had a simple rectangle right at the corner.



Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register LoginAdvertisement