sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SubD examples and models

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SUbD
    renderpluginsextensions
    1.7k Posts 81 Posters 2.1m Views 79 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N
      nlipovac
      last edited by

      Spend half a day working on this Armchair, and now I call it done (it is not!). πŸ˜„
      This would be the first time I pulled this of doing armchair.


      Thea render, thea materials


      Control mesh

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • ntxdaveN
        ntxdave
        last edited by

        Very interesting textures...........

        Press F1...thank me later

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • N
          nlipovac
          last edited by

          @ntxdave said:

          Very interesting textures...........

          In render? πŸ’š
          After modeling it I did not have any will left. 😳

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • tuna1957T
            tuna1957
            last edited by

            nlipovac, great job. hard to believe it's your first try at an upholstered chair. πŸ‘

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • N
              nlipovac
              last edited by

              @tuna1957 said:

              nlipovac, great job. hard to believe it's your first try at an upholstered chair. πŸ‘

              Thank you Tuna1957, but this is not my first try, it is my first successful finished armchair model. 😎
              I have over 20 models that I start and never finished and on all occasions, i lost my temper and aborted them (with a lot of screaming and swearing). πŸ˜• 😳

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Rich O BrienR
                Rich O Brien Moderator
                last edited by

                @nlipovac said:

                @tuna1957 said:

                I have over 20 models that I start and never finished and on all occasions, i lost my temper and aborted them (with a lot of screaming and swearing). πŸ˜• 😳

                Unfinished models are good practice! You try things you normally wouldn't attempt in these unfinished projects.

                Eventually, all the unfinished practice yields benefits like the chair you shared. Really goo model πŸ‘

                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • N
                  nlipovac
                  last edited by

                  @rich o brien said:

                  @nlipovac said:

                  @tuna1957 said:

                  I have over 20 models that I start and never finished and on all occasions, i lost my temper and aborted them (with a lot of screaming and swearing). πŸ˜• 😳

                  Unfinished models are good practice! You try things you normally wouldn't attempt in these unfinished projects.

                  Eventually, all the unfinished practice yields benefits like the chair you shared. Really goo model πŸ‘

                  Thanks, Rich.
                  I know, I even started learning Blender to get some solid knowledge on Subdivision.
                  I do have some more furniture models I would like to model myself so we will see how that will go. πŸ’š

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Collage ArchitectureC
                    Collage Architecture
                    last edited by

                    @nlipovac said:

                    @rich o brien said:

                    @nlipovac said:

                    @tuna1957 said:

                    I have over 20 models that I start and never finished and on all occasions, i lost my temper and aborted them (with a lot of screaming and swearing). πŸ˜• 😳

                    Unfinished models are good practice! You try things you normally wouldn't attempt in these unfinished projects.

                    Eventually, all the unfinished practice yields benefits like the chair you shared. Really goo model πŸ‘

                    Thanks, Rich.
                    I know, I even started learning Blender to get some solid knowledge on Subdivision.
                    I do have some more furniture models I would like to model myself so we will see how that will go. πŸ’š

                    Your model and render looks quite nice!

                    Thanks for sharing!

                    I love Sketchup

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • BoxB
                      Box
                      last edited by

                      This was a 10 min model to help someone in another forum.
                      Thought I would throw it in here if anyone wants to use it as something to start from and see what you can make of it.

                      http://i.imgur.com/HoKgPG6.gif


                      SUbD CartoonMan.skp

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Rich O BrienR
                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                        last edited by

                        Is it a self-portrait?

                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • BoxB
                          Box
                          last edited by

                          @rich o brien said:

                          Is it a self-portrait?

                          Almost Rich, but only from the neck up.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Rich O BrienR
                            Rich O Brien Moderator
                            last edited by

                            here's a raygun model i was doodling with last week.

                            Image 4.png

                            now to finish texturing it...

                            Substance Painter_2017-07-14_21-32-24.png

                            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • BoxB
                              Box
                              last edited by

                              Do you call it Ronald?

                              Very nice by the way.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Rich O BrienR
                                Rich O Brien Moderator
                                last edited by

                                @box said:

                                Do you call it Ronald?

                                No, I call it Ben. When you pull the trigger it over reacts. πŸ˜›

                                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • BoxB
                                  Box
                                  last edited by

                                  Good old Ben Gun, Treasure Island I think?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • C
                                    Charlie__V
                                    last edited by

                                    @box said:

                                    This was a 10 min model to help someone in another forum.
                                    Thought I would throw it in here if anyone wants to use it as something to start from and see what you can make of it.

                                    Thanks Box,

                                    You inspired me to at least try: SubD...Vertex tools & Quad face tools.
                                    I think I made a sufficient mess of your cartoon man.(see Non-SubD .skp)

                                    I learned enough today, to know I need to research some more, before learning/forming any really bad habits.

                                    Best regards,
                                    Charlie

                                    PS/FYI...SubD file too large to upload


                                    Non SubD due to file limit


                                    CartoonMan_CV1.PNG


                                    CartoonMan_CV1_2.PNG

                                    Precision M1710/Win 7 Pro 64 bit/i-7 6920 Quad core 2.9 Ghz -3.8/16Gb ram/NVIDIA M5000M 8Gb

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • andybotA
                                      andybot
                                      last edited by

                                      @rich o brien said:

                                      here's a raygun model i was doodling with last week.

                                      now to finish texturing it...

                                      [attachment=0:2glttolj]<!-- ia0 -->Substance Painter_2017-07-14_21-32-24.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2glttolj]

                                      That's rendered in Sketchup, Thea? Texturing looks sweet, I gotta try out substance painter.

                                      http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • StinkieS
                                        Stinkie
                                        last edited by

                                        Me too.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Rich O BrienR
                                          Rich O Brien Moderator
                                          last edited by

                                          @andybot said:

                                          That's rendered in Sketchup, Thea? Texturing looks sweet, I gotta try out substance painter.

                                          That direct in the Substance Painter viewport. If you're half thinking of adding SP to your workflow don't waste time procrastinating it. Dive in. Best decision I ever made.

                                          The reason WrapR got kickstarted. SketchUp needed a better way to get UVs.

                                          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • C
                                            Carto
                                            last edited by

                                            @rich o brien said:

                                            @andybot said:

                                            That's rendered in Sketchup, Thea? Texturing looks sweet, I gotta try out substance painter.

                                            That direct in the Substance Painter viewport. If you're half thinking of adding SP to your workflow don't waste time procrastinating it. Dive in. Best decision I ever made.

                                            The reason WrapR got kickstarted. SketchUp needed a better way to get UVs.

                                            Hello Rich,

                                            Just a quick FYI...Substance Painter and associated software is on sale. That being said would you recommend just Painter or the entire Substance Pack?

                                            Regards

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 45
                                            • 46
                                            • 47
                                            • 48
                                            • 49
                                            • 83
                                            • 84
                                            • 47 / 84
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement