sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SubD examples and models

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SUbD
    renderpluginsextensions
    1.7k Posts 81 Posters 2.1m Views 79 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pilouP
      pilou
      last edited by

      Very cool Donald Duck car! 😎

      Frenchy Pilou
      Is beautiful that please without concept!
      My Little site :)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • BoxB
        Box
        last edited by

        That's bloody excellent, Hornie.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • thomthomT
          thomthom
          last edited by

          @panixia said:

          and as i noticed the low res (but nice) texture and it was like "ok, challenge accepted"

          πŸ˜„ πŸ‘ I like your attitude! πŸ˜„

          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • thomthomT
            thomthom
            last edited by

            @hornoxx said:

            Donald DuckΒ΄s β€œ313”
            Besides all these many great modeled and rendered cars here and elsewhere in the web, this one should not be missed I think. (No joke, this Donald DuckΒ΄s β€œ313” is my very first ever modeled "car" πŸ˜„ )
            enjoy!

            Brilliant! Loving all parts of this. ...and now I'm thinking of that cursed Charger I never finish... one day - one day!

            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • HornOxxH
              HornOxx
              last edited by

              Thank you All for the compliments - I'm glad you like it

              @baz said:

              ...Thanks for the breakdown ... I am still struggling with quads and having a model like this to study is just the ticket.
              same to me Barry - IΒ΄m also "still struggling" with the quads πŸ˜‰ and without the examples here there would not be a "313" possible for sure. Meanwhile at least I succeed with simplifying some things. I add 3 little detailings below (to leave geometry as simple as possible), which can not be seen in the BreakDown above and I hope this will be useful for your works as well.

              @thomthom said:

              ...and now I'm thinking of that cursed Charger I never finish... one day - one day!
              Hey Thomas - I thought it was already finished but I missed it somehow πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„


              Detail 1.jpg


              Detail 2.jpg


              Detail 3.jpg

              never trust a skinny cook

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • thomthomT
                thomthom
                last edited by

                @hornoxx said:

                @thomthom said:

                ...and now I'm thinking of that cursed Charger I never finish... one day - one day!
                Hey Thomas - I thought it was already finished but I missed it somehow πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

                No... whenever I start working on it I end up writing an extension or enhancement to aid the modelling... facepalm

                Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • panixiaP
                  panixia
                  last edited by

                  @thomthom said:

                  whenever I start working on it I end up writing an extension

                  lol 🀣

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • K
                    kaas
                    last edited by

                    @thomthom said:

                    No... whenever I start working on it I end up writing an extension or enhancement to aid the modelling... facepalm
                    ...start working please....Curious what you will come up with next! πŸ˜‰

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • BoxB
                      Box
                      last edited by

                      Errm, that would be a white whale. But then you norgies eat whale. So maybe it's a lightly grilled whale.

                      ...I'm off now to pickle a koala for my breakfast.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • thomthomT
                        thomthom
                        last edited by

                        You know, I started modelling that car so many years ago - in 3dsmax. It's starting to become a haunting ghost. At some point I need to defeat this thing. My bluewhite whale.

                        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • thomthomT
                          thomthom
                          last edited by

                          @box said:

                          Errm, that would be a white whale.

                          Cursed, I even quickly googled it and picked the first answer.

                          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Z
                            ZahariStoyanov
                            last edited by

                            @box said:

                            Errm, that would be a white whale. But then you norgies eat whale. So maybe it's a lightly grilled whale.

                            ...I'm off now to pickle a koala for my breakfast.

                            Got me dead 🀣

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Rich O BrienR
                              Rich O Brien Moderator
                              last edited by

                              screen-grab_1.jpg

                              screen-grab_2.jpg

                              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • HornOxxH
                                HornOxx
                                last edited by

                                Rich, this is just awesome πŸ‘ ❗ πŸ‘
                                This is a great vehicle - This tank design look more nice than threatening. Great details - does one chain link(?) consist out of 2 single parts?

                                never trust a skinny cook

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • thomthomT
                                  thomthom
                                  last edited by

                                  So... when will we see the animated version...? πŸ˜„

                                  Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                  List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • pbacotP
                                    pbacot
                                    last edited by

                                    "Sick" as the kiddies say. Is that a turret? Do the tubes upfront stretch if it turns?

                                    MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • N
                                      nlipovac
                                      last edited by

                                      This tank looks made for new toy design, shoots soap balloons. πŸ˜„

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • ontaottoO
                                        ontaotto
                                        last edited by

                                        @cotty said:

                                        Another simple one...

                                        [attachment=0:1su2j5k6]<!-- ia0 -->2pipes.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1su2j5k6]

                                        I have done in the past some similar shapes, to me the best shape to get those T Pipes are the hexagons:

                                        https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GN3AwVZp-TozAfcTf7BfTuFBhVtuXP1iyVVXokQjA6mPIeGhvmq_JXg_-pP20kvaIgDuklLBk1dp_w=w1920-h1080-no

                                        https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-O6lTySKOAlM/WEbm6k4VBaI/AAAAAAAAB4U/KB2TxAF6pOImUO0SzMBeDcAeFx0R5-eTACL0B/w530-d-h479-p/T%2BTube%2B3D%2BMesh%2BCorrected.png

                                        https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ihtGxqGDFHg/WEbm_aqnCkI/AAAAAAAAB4w/CVNAlgiWrkYf4oNX-dSEqV88dxKI28G8QCL0B/w530-d-h528-p/T%2BTube%2B3D%2BModel.png

                                        This sample was done in another program, but works exactly the same in SU by using SubD.

                                        Cheers!

                                        Twitter: @ontaotto

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • thomthomT
                                          thomthom
                                          last edited by

                                          Those are octagons, right?

                                          Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • ontaottoO
                                            ontaotto
                                            last edited by

                                            @thomthom said:

                                            Those are octagons, right?

                                            Dang! Yeah you're right, in this particular case were used octagons, but in the main shapes when you want to get rounded ones, the hexagon should work good.

                                            Twitter: @ontaotto

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 34
                                            • 35
                                            • 36
                                            • 37
                                            • 38
                                            • 83
                                            • 84
                                            • 36 / 84
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement