sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Any News for Sketchup 2015?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    33 Posts 15 Posters 4.5k Views 15 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • V
      valerostudio
      last edited by

      When I Google search SketchUp 2015, all I see is this...
      Thereitis.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrisidiousK
        Krisidious
        last edited by

        lol

        By: Kristoff Rand
        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          danb
          last edited by

          Kris
          Just saw this and was wondering, that was all.

          Dan


          2015

          Sketchup Pro 2019/20
          OSX 10.15.3
          Macbook Pro

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • TIGT
            TIG Moderator
            last edited by

            @danb

            Well spotted: it looks like v2015 is slowly leaking out πŸ˜‰

            TIG

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • KrisidiousK
              Krisidious
              last edited by

              Gone again...

              By: Kristoff Rand
              Home DesignerUnique House Plans

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • ashscottA
                ashscott
                last edited by

                Its here: http://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-pro/new-in-2015

                Anyone had the time to test how much of an improvement the 64 bit support is?

                Just some stuff I do with Sketchup.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Dave RD
                  Dave R
                  last edited by

                  I've used it. Don't see any difference due to it being 64 bit but then I don't create monstrous file sizes. The code optimization, though, has brought about a rendering speed increase. I rarely see the model go wireframe when orbiting or panning though the model.

                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                  %

                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                  M30

                  %

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • FrederikF
                    Frederik
                    last edited by

                    @dave r said:

                    The code optimization, though, has brought about a rendering speed increase. I rarely see the model go wireframe when orbiting or panning though the model.

                    And although you may have a ton of various plugins installed, the start-up is super fast compared to previous releases...

                    Cheers
                    Kim Frederik

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • TIGT
                      TIG Moderator
                      last edited by

                      A great improvement... AND 64bit support πŸŽ‰ β˜€

                      TIG

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        cadmunkey
                        last edited by

                        I have SU14 pro so do I need to download 15 or will it update when I go to "Help > Check for update" at some point in the future?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          driven
                          last edited by

                          It's an Upgrade not an Update, so you need to get it, but you can run both, for as long as you want...

                          learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • C
                            cadmunkey
                            last edited by

                            @driven said:

                            It's an Upgrade not an Update, so you need to get it, but you can run both, for as long as you want...

                            OK thanks driven, I just paid for 12 months maintenance so is it included in that do you know? Will get onto the reseller.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Mistro11M
                              Mistro11
                              last edited by

                              Looks like I got my answer sooner than I thought I would. But then again I knew it was too quiet.
                              This is great news! And to think a few months ago we were reading posts that suggested SU will never be 64bit. As soon as I finish downloading, I'm gonna load up lots of Thea tree proxies and see what happens.

                              Structural Integrity is Not Just Physical...It's in the Design and Purpose

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • KrisidiousK
                                Krisidious
                                last edited by

                                Mistro11... Don't forget the new Thea for 2015 update.

                                By: Kristoff Rand
                                Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • jeff hammondJ
                                  jeff hammond
                                  last edited by

                                  @jql said:

                                  I prefered the previous numbering and, if they missed the point with 2013 wich should have been 9, then I believe this would be Sketchup 10.

                                  Imagine: Sketchup X!

                                  Sketchup X with the trimble logo in black! Pretty stylish if you'd ask me!

                                  Maybe the X could be the move icon...

                                  that's an apple thing

                                  https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/
                                  https://www.apple.com/osx/

                                  pretty sure 'X' is out of the name game pool πŸ˜‰

                                  dotdotdot

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                  Register Login
                                  • 1
                                  • 2
                                  • 1 / 2
                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  Buy SketchPlus
                                  Buy SUbD
                                  Buy WrapR
                                  Buy eBook
                                  Buy Modelur
                                  Buy Vertex Tools
                                  Buy SketchCuisine
                                  Buy FormFonts

                                  Advertisement