First Rayscaper Test
-

-
Wow, for a first test, you are already getting some pretty impressive results! Are you migrating from another engine?
Cheers,
Thomas -
It is a fine start, the auto exposure is the new feature to have in any render engine imho, looking forward to new renders from you, be well and enjoy.
-
@pixelcruncher
Yes, I use D5 Render or Chaos Envision in my work, but neither of them is built into SU. I have also used Vray and Thea Render, which are relatively lighter and simpler compared to Rayscaper. I hope Rayscaper can evolve more perfectly
Another one TEST -
Excellent !
-
@lightscape Thanks for the feedback. Would love to hear what you're missing in your workflows. We can make that happen

Cheers,
Thomas -
@lightscape Very nice renders. May be you could increase contrast or use Ambient Oclusion? And increase your herringbone floor normal map level?
-
@Krass
The testing objective is to verify the accuracy of Rayscaper's ray tracing and its ability to adjust tone mapping, so all materials have been adjusted for roughness and necessary translucency. In addition, in order to make the details in the deep space clearer and avoid overexposure of the window, the overall contrast of the image will be weaker. I think the best way at this stage, besides increasing the parameter adjustability of tone mapping, is to highlight the details of dark areas, maintain grayscale, output EXR format, and then enter the post production color correction software for color correction -
@pixelcruncher
Hi Thomas
Thank you for your hard work. Undoubtedly, I like Rayscaper. I think the development direction is very correct.
I need to continue testing several scenarios, compare them with other renderers, and provide constructive suggestions. Currently, I have some ideas on camera settings, tone mapping, glass materials, material luminescence, and so on.. Organized and presented to you together -
@lightscape Fucking legend! Thanks!
-
I'm trying PBR neutral Tone map...
Thomas, The tests I'm running are perfect for the tasks I had on the project, following what you told me via email...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register LoginAdvertisement