sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Modlumi - Easy 3D modelling

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Corner Bar
    48 Posts 5 Posters 953 Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • ntxdaveN
      ntxdave @pilou
      last edited by

      @pilou said:

      We can't name a curve ? If I make a group it can't be selected for make a sweep! (?)

      So the best solution is put the path out of the future structure for an easy selection! 🙂

      effacer.jpg

      e0a52f68-247a-422b-a885-f7ddf55a5539.jpg

      c68bc845-f0fd-4b48-94c7-c09fb52448d6.jpg
      Couple of questions:

      • How did you draw this model?

      • How did you render this model?

      I do not see the ability render with the type of materials in your model. As an example, how did you make something look like it is metalic. The only thing I am seeing in the materials is colors and no ability to add any shin or roughtness.

      Press F1...thank me later

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • ntxdaveN
        ntxdave @pixelcruncher
        last edited by ntxdave

        @pixelcruncher said:
        IN the release notes, I saw this:
        See a readable release number in the browser’s menu bar. Makes it easier to check whether the latest release is loaded. Original forum report

        When I look in the upper right part of the browser's menu bar, I keep am seeing 0.4 🙂

        Press F1...thank me later

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • P
          pixelcruncher Extension Creator
          last edited by

          @ntxdave Life's fast on the bleeding edge, I just released a new version 😉

          I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

          ntxdaveN 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • ntxdaveN
            ntxdave @pixelcruncher
            last edited by

            @pixelcruncher said:

            @ntxdave Life's fast on the bleeding edge, I just released a new version 😉

            But I thought it was 0.3, not 0.4!

            Pilou has been showing some really neat stuff in his posts but I do not understand how it is accomplishing some of it. In particular, how is he applying the textures he has been showing?

            Press F1...thank me later

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • P
              pixelcruncher Extension Creator
              last edited by

              @ntxdave Those renders were not made by modlumi. He created the model in modlumi, and then used other software to render it.

              I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • P
                pixelcruncher Extension Creator
                last edited by

                Just released a new version (v0.6). This one has fillet/chamfer/bevel support. This feature is still experimental and may change. Feedback welcome!

                modlumi-fillet-chamfer-bevel.gif

                I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ntxdaveN
                  ntxdave
                  last edited by ntxdave

                  OK,

                  1. How do I update to the latest version or is it automatic when you run the app?
                  2. How do you control/enter the infor for the bevel options?

                  Never mind, you can delete this message. I just went back to the app and now see that it updated automatically.

                  Press F1...thank me later

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • pilouP
                    pilou
                    last edited by pilou

                    @ntxdave How did you draw this model?
                    Draw any closed section
                    Draw an Arc CIrcle
                    Use the Sweep Section
                    (put the arc circle out of the Structure resultant like this you can reuse it for following!
                    Draw an internal Offset on one of face extremity
                    Use again the Sweep Function with this Offset!
                    (same the furniture above)

                    ""How did you render this model?"
                    I make a screen Snapshot (but you can use the Save Image Function of ModLumi ! ;°
                    Then send it to free Gemini where you can make any thing you want! https://gemini.google.com/app
                    Very simple prompts! (en français ! 😉

                    • effacer les axes, et mettre des personnages dans ces couloirs
                    • mettre de la couleurs sur la structure .

                    So In English! 🙂 the 2 Prompts were..

                    • erase the axes and place figures in these corridors
                    • add color to the structure
                      What do want more simple ? 🙂

                    If you have some problem I can make another gif animation! 😉

                    In fact modeling is quasi the same than inside SKetchUp !

                    Frenchy Pilou
                    Is beautiful that please without concept!
                    My Little site :)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pilouP
                      pilou
                      last edited by pilou

                      @pixelcruncher
                      Excellent seems you have resolved the Bug of 3D Snap Arc Circle ! Bravo!
                      Your Bevel, Fillet, Chamfer functions are a killer one!
                      Working from the first time! 🙂

                      presse.jpg

                      340df209-eed5-4856-93d0-1182eeed06a7.jpg

                      Frenchy Pilou
                      Is beautiful that please without concept!
                      My Little site :)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • pilouP
                        pilou
                        last edited by

                        Searching defaults 🙂
                        présentoir.jpg

                        4f8f109d-9501-4128-83c1-b588c2c497a1.jpg

                        Frenchy Pilou
                        Is beautiful that please without concept!
                        My Little site :)

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 1 / 3
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement