Is SketchUp Now Open-Source? Trimble Won't Like This
-
Yes I Will do it tomorrow late morning
-
The browser version is a bit limited memory wise but that is normal for the course from what I have seen out there.
-
@Mike-Amos Fair enough, I will have a desktop version available soon. I also have a limited browser version, so I can deploy fixes to users immediately, especially at this early stage. Releasing a new desktop version is always more hassle, and it requires users to upgrade.
-
So Trimble SketchUp went after IngeTrazo...
-
Trimble's pettiness is unparalleled
-
TBH, not an issue worth worrying about. Plenty of other formats out there.
-
Yes, but I lose the hierarchy and the model groups. I tested DAE and GLB. But I'm not an expert on those formats. In any case, to re-import them into SU, you need to use the "Universal Importer" extension.
-
I think it should be possible to build a plugin for exporting SKP files...

https://openskp.com/ -
-
I think folk need to stop using the term "Open source Sketchup" lest the little niggles become a thing of the past and Trimble grind this into the dust.
Be in no doubt that goading the Lion WILL result in legal consequences that ruin lives rather than days so, folks, smarten up.
Trimble have legal and financial resources you cannot properly even dream of. -
I think folk need to stop using the term "Open source Sketchup" lest the little niggles become a thing of the past and Trimble grind this into the dust.
in description video to introduce may still okay probably, but not on the title indeed. I guess related to gain massive viewer is the reason.
-
Best not to bet the farm on "Probably" lest Trimble go all "Sharp pencil" on them.
Some years ago royal mail went postal on the bbc for damaging their intellectual property, in this case their name, and the bbc lost big time. If that can happen to a large government corporation the small guys are done and I mean done to CRISPY done.
-
-
@Mike-Amos this condition similar with AutoCAD,, how about this? what Autodesk can do? nothing.

-
It's not bad at all—it's like a more sophisticated version of Lattice Maker, though it's still schematic 3D. For realistic 3D rendering, I have my own window library packed with detail—and handles, too!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register LoginAdvertisement