sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Rayscaper New Releases

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Extensions & Applications Discussions
    rayscaperrender
    492 Posts 12 Posters 236.1k Views 13 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Mike AmosM
      Mike Amos
      last edited by

      Sharp, I am missing the splash where my ex jumped in to create the waves though.......

      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

      pixelcruncherP 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrassK
        Krass
        last edited by

        yes, but 3D splash is very hy skill !
        The pool on the screen is an "infinity pool"; I wouldn't have the patience right now to model that in SketchUp... then again, maybe I would? But AI does it in a couple of quick moves.
        And if you send me a photo of your ex, she (he) will be in the image!

        Krass

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • Mike AmosM
          Mike Amos
          last edited by

          I tried but the camera broke, or I had a tree in the way. Not sure which.
          Either way fangs for the memories is about as far as I go these days. It is a fine Mr Kipling image tho'.

          Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pixelcruncherP
            pixelcruncher Extension Creator @Mike Amos
            last edited by

            @Mike-Amos, I'm working on that feature. Exes are tricky, though...

            I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Mike AmosM
              Mike Amos
              last edited by

              Thankfully, exes are his tory. I know, a laboured joke.

              Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • KrassK
                Krass
                last edited by Krass

                here same rayscaper render and Qwen image AI model to generate vegetation outside the property. I used ZPIX, a free and simple AI image tool for computer desktop (no need to be connected after downloading the models) Link to zpix https://github.com/SamuelTallet/ZPix
                before:

                rendu scene 2.png

                after:

                zpix-qwen.jpg

                Krass

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • KrassK
                  Krass
                  last edited by

                  but we will soon be able to scatter vegetation in Rayscaper...

                  Krass

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • pixelcruncherP
                    pixelcruncher Extension Creator @Krass
                    last edited by pixelcruncher

                    @Krass

                    Sorry this took so long. I finally figured out the black spots in your loft scene (with the help of AI).

                    The cause: several materials use their color image as the normal map. A normal map is the purple-blue image that tells the renderer which way the surface faces at each pixel. When you use a color photo like wood instead, the dark parts of the image make the surface face into the floor, and those spots go black. That's why they follow the wood grain and show up mostly in the darker areas.

                    These are the materials where I found it, with the textures from your TEX folder:

                    • Floor ([Cinder Block]): uses WoodFloor032_2K-JPG_Color.jpg as the normal map. It should be WoodFloor032_2K-JPG_NormalDX.jpg.
                    • Underside of the mezzanine ([Cladding Stucco White]): uses Material-588-S_BaseColor.jpg. It should be Material-588-S_NormalDirectX.jpg.
                    • Kitchen island countertop (*16): uses 014chataignier.jpg. This one has no matching normal map, so just switch the normal map off.
                    • Sofa (leather): very likely the same thing, worth checking.

                    Here is the same view before and after, with only the floor and mezzanine normal maps switched off:

                    image.jpeg

                    The kitchen island was just reflecting the black floor, so it cleans up too. With this fixed, you shouldn't need the Photoshop cleanup anymore.

                    Thanks again for sending the scene; it made this much easier to track down! (1 year later).

                    Cheers,
                    Thomas

                    I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • KrassK
                      Krass
                      last edited by

                      Anyway, thanks for your research. I'm going to do a lot of testing. And I'm impressed by the program's progress. Indeed, using "fake" normal maps is still a bit of a hack. I'll be more careful in the future.

                      Krass

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • KrassK
                        Krass
                        last edited by

                        Thomas,
                        The manual is excellent, the presentation is perfect—great work.
                        Is it possible to save a preset of the settings?

                        Krass

                        pixelcruncherP 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • pixelcruncherP
                          pixelcruncher Extension Creator @Krass
                          last edited by

                          @Krass Not yet, but it's already on the list. This was requested before already.

                          I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • KrassK
                            Krass
                            last edited by

                            It's flawless—not my 3D work, but the program itself.

                            scene1.jpg

                            scene2.jpg

                            Krass

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • KrassK
                              Krass
                              last edited by

                              scene3.jpg

                              Krass

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              • 1
                              • 2
                              • 9
                              • 10
                              • 11
                              • 12
                              • 13
                              • 24
                              • 25
                              • 11 / 25
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Buy SketchPlus
                              Buy SUbD
                              Buy WrapR
                              Buy eBook
                              Buy Modelur
                              Buy Vertex Tools
                              Buy SketchCuisine
                              Buy FormFonts

                              Advertisement