sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUcation 3D Viewer (formerly the '[ignore]' thread)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    276 Posts 19 Posters 41.4k Views 19 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • ntxdaveN
      ntxdave
      last edited by

      Box I really like your last one. However, when it first loads (after clicking it) it is all black until I click the screen and then it appears. The background also disappears.

      @Rich - I think this is really headed in a good direction.......

      Press F1...thank me later

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • ntxdaveN
        ntxdave
        last edited by

        @rich o brien said:

        Mixed specular materials

        This one loads really fast for me as well

        Press F1...thank me later

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Rich O BrienR
          Rich O Brien Moderator
          last edited by

          @box

          play with the transparency and spec of the glass. mix with lights making sure the total light is 100 or less

          don't add hemi at 100 + spot at 100 etc...

          Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Rich O BrienR
            Rich O Brien Moderator
            last edited by

            @box

            set the hemi to lightblue and light yellow at 60.

            set spec/shiness for material to 20 and the opacity to 60 or so

            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Rich O BrienR
              Rich O Brien Moderator
              last edited by

              [sw:3gma5qi3]xIFwhX4yO072d4F[/sw:3gma5qi3]

              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • ntxdaveN
                ntxdave
                last edited by

                Rich, I really like this one too. I like the color highlighting and the background.

                After it loads I see kind of a dark monochrome of the 3d model until I rotate it or do something like that. I am using IE 11. Does that have something to do with it or is that supposed to happen?

                I will go try it in Chrome and see if I see the same thing......

                OK - I tried it in Chrome and saw the same thing......

                Press F1...thank me later

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ntxdaveN
                  ntxdave
                  last edited by

                  @rich o brien said:

                  @box

                  set the hemi to lightblue and light yellow at 60.

                  set spec/shiness for material to 20 and the opacity to 60 or so

                  Are you guys using a renderer or what the heck are you talking about (remember that I still consider myself a newbie to SU so I am trying to learn all I can)?

                  Press F1...thank me later

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • BoxB
                    Box
                    last edited by

                    Rich yeah I see there are lots of possibilities to edit the lighting and such, had a bit of a fiddle but have to be elsewhere now.

                    Dave, the lights come on when you move it, hence the black until you do.
                    And the background changes because what you are seeing is a still snapshot from the model, then you see the viewer background.

                    They are settings within the viewer that we are testing.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • G
                      Gábor
                      last edited by

                      @ntxdave said:

                      Are you guys using a renderer or what the heck are you talking about (remember that I still consider myself a newbie to SU so I am trying to learn all I can)?

                      Yes, the viewer is a sort-of "real-time renderer" using the capabilities of WebGL. Of course it has far less sophisticated settings than the professional not real-time rendering software like Thea or V-Ray but still has some simple setting options for materials, lights, etc.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • G
                        Gábor
                        last edited by

                        BTW now it has the "fullscreen" option enabled (cross arrows).

                        (If new functions like the fullscreen do not work, simply erase browser cache to let the new javascript load.)

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • TIGT
                          TIG Moderator
                          last edited by

                          Full-screen X works - opens a new tab.
                          So no need to press Esc to back step ?

                          TIG

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • G
                            Gábor
                            last edited by

                            @tig said:

                            Full-screen X works - opens a new tab.
                            So no need to press Esc to back step ?

                            Thank you for the info. Well..... This "fullscreen" might need some refining.... Right now this was the easiest way to go to "fullscreen" from within an Iframe but later it might change to a more fancy solution. 😄

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              driven
                              last edited by

                              @tig
                              have you uploaded from your mac at all?
                              john

                              learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • ntxdaveN
                                ntxdave
                                last edited by

                                @gábor said:

                                @tig said:

                                Full-screen X works - opens a new tab.
                                So no need to press Esc to back step ?

                                Thank you for the info. Well..... This "fullscreen" might need some refining.... Right now this was the easiest way to go to "fullscreen" from within an Iframe but later it might change to a more fancy solution. 😄

                                Yes, this worked for me. However, I do see something a little different. With all of the others that I have viewed I could do some amount of zooming with the scroll wheel on my mouse but with the full screen view that function is limited. I could only zoom out and could not zoom in.

                                I love following this thread as it is exciting to see where this is going. This is something I am trying to sell to our management instead of presenting everything to their clients in a PDF format. Their primary concern is one of cost (primarily in the time it would take me to take our models and make them available like this).

                                Press F1...thank me later

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • ntxdaveN
                                  ntxdave
                                  last edited by

                                  Also think that tool tips for the function icons would be a big help for many users (especially once you start publishing/sharing the models).

                                  Press F1...thank me later

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Rich O BrienR
                                    Rich O Brien Moderator
                                    last edited by

                                    Visual fluff is last to be added.

                                    Priority #1 is making the .skp conversion cross platform and feature rich.

                                    We won't be beta testing this side of Xmas. Come the 15th it'll be shelved until new year.

                                    In its current pre-alpha state it's only being used by less than 10 people.

                                    And it's also running of a computer in our office.

                                    Something like this needs good infrastructure in place first. That costs $$$$.

                                    Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • ntxdaveN
                                      ntxdave
                                      last edited by

                                      @rich o brien said:

                                      Visual fluff is last to be added.

                                      Priority #1 is making the .skp conversion cross platform and feature rich.

                                      We won't be beta testing this side of Xmas. Come the 15th it'll be shelved until new year.

                                      In its current pre-alpha state it's only being used by less than 10 people.

                                      And it's also running of a computer in our office.

                                      Something like this needs good infrastructure in place first. That costs $$$$.

                                      Fully understand.......I still would like to participate and much as you will allow... ☀

                                      Their main concern, I think, was the amount of time/work it would take my to make the models available no necessarily the cost of the software/service (they pay me by the hour).

                                      Technically, I am retired but am listed as an employee for convenience 😉

                                      I have a couple of other models you can test if you wish.....

                                      Press F1...thank me later

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • TIGT
                                        TIG Moderator
                                        last edited by

                                        @driven said:

                                        @tig
                                        have you uploaded from your mac at all?
                                        john
                                        Not recently, have you ?

                                        TIG

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • D
                                          driven
                                          last edited by

                                          @tig said:

                                          Not recently, have you ?

                                          have managed to now...

                                          learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Rich O BrienR
                                            Rich O Brien Moderator
                                            last edited by

                                            [sw:190rd3os]El6HXbNFffP1CM2[/sw:190rd3os]

                                            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 5 / 14
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement