sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUp 2013 ;)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    433 Posts 101 Posters 182.1k Views 101 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      Okay so SU 2013 is out and live, what are we gonna do at base camp 2013? I know there will be one as they said so last year. Normally base camps are the venue to reveal new versions, at least it has been in the past.

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        driven
        last edited by

        did we loose custom icons on mac???from v8

        learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • HieruH
          Hieru
          last edited by

          @solo said:

          Okay so SU 2013 is out and live, what are we gonna do at base camp 2013? I know there will be one as they said so last year. Normally base camps are the venue to reveal new versions, at least it has been in the past.

          That's another reason to suspect that we might see a significant update later this year.

          www.davidhier.co.uk

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • jeff hammondJ
            jeff hammond
            last edited by

            @driven said:

            did we loose custom icons on mac???[attachment=0:1lj9o1fw]<!-- ia0 -->2013-05-25 01.19.44 am.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1lj9o1fw]

            yes.. it appears so

            dotdotdot

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Mike LuceyM
              Mike Lucey
              last edited by

              @tig said:

              And 50% wrong πŸ˜‰

              I'll keep looking on the bright side πŸ‘

              Never noticed the Mac custom icons ..... then again, I'm having difficulty discerning between red and yellow!

              Support us so we can support you! Upgrade to Premium Membership!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • N
                nicolasnourry
                last edited by

                Seriously?
                Almost 3 years and what we got is a bunch of new icons?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Mike AmosM
                  Mike Amos
                  last edited by

                  @mike lucey said:

                  @mike amos said:

                  Something I do find to be a pain is the lag between selecting a new tool and the tool being ready to use. There is a significant lag and not something I have had before. V8 does not act like this. Only twilight render plug in so far so it should not be that but, note sure to be honest. Not something I will fret over but it does nag a bit.

                  Win or Mac Mike?

                  Windoze Mike, nothing I can see explains it, I could do a reinstall and see if it is just a blip.

                  Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • I
                    ilay7k
                    last edited by

                    @nicolasnourry said:

                    Seriously?
                    Almost 3 years and what we got is a bunch of new icons?

                    imo. we have 3 versions(2 are secret): current - 2013 and 2014-2015 which will be to release during skipy will be in Trimble hands and under customer supporting.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • S
                      sawhack
                      last edited by

                      I'm quite disappointed too when i found out that what we've got in 2013 is just new icons for sketchup aside from extension warehouse nothing has changed in sketchup interface, though most of the changes were found on Layout. But i was expecting that there will be just little changes in skp 2013 because Trimble had acquired sketchup for just a year but not just changes in icon looks and additional sketchup people component was i was expecting.. I expected now that i can create a dynamic geometry where i can add geometry in an basic object like box, sphere, etc..

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • jeff hammondJ
                        jeff hammond
                        last edited by

                        @sawhack said:

                        I expected now that i can create a dynamic geometry where i can add geometry in an basic object like box, sphere, etc..

                        hmm. i'm thinking if that capability was added to the toolset (and nothing else), we'd see even more griping about 2013 than we're now seeing πŸ˜‰

                        don't get me wrong.. i also feel there are some very basic or fundamental changes/additions that can (should) be added to the toolset but creating solid primitives is not one of them.. i mean, the beauty(?) of sketchup is it's simplicity and solid primitives are very easy to make with the current toolset (granted, after the user gets somewhat of a grip on the app)..
                        in my opinion, at the basic/fundamental level of geometry tools, sketchup needs to be able to handle arcs better.. be it the creation of, transformation of, intersections, and most importantly - the arc entity itself should be 'smarter' when it comes to creating subsequent geometry off of.

                        dotdotdot

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • micioneM
                          micione
                          last edited by

                          Hi,

                          Does anybody know if there are versions of SU 2013 translated into different languages​​?
                          (Or if they will be issued).
                          Support SU did not answer me.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • renderizaR
                            renderiza
                            last edited by

                            ::Trogluddite::

                            100% agree with what you said in the above post.

                            When launching an update next time, having a detailed list of the changes will be more than welcome. Maybe wait until an even like 3D Basecamp 2013 to reveal the new SketchUp and explain features there.

                            Cheers!

                            [url=https://www.sketchupcode.com/:z3kqsidd]My Extensions ...[/url:z3kqsidd]

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Clayton49C
                              Clayton49
                              last edited by

                              To all,

                              Just purchased SketchUP Pro 2013 upgrade from my SU Pro ver.8. However as others have pointed out, my Profile Builder plug-in or should I say extension, is not showing any profile images in the PB interface, so is now useless...H'mmm πŸ˜’

                              I can't find any new SU videos showing the what's new SU-2013 stuff, so will have to make do with the SU "what's New" webpage instead.... 😒 see link below:-

                              http://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-pro/new-in-2013

                              The new Extension page or Plug-in page is o.k; & if your main use of SketchUP is Architecture, I found a great plug-in, see link below:-

                              ERROR: The request could not be satisfied

                              favicon

                              (extensions.sketchup.com)

                              Over & out,
                              Clayton.

                              Over & out,
                              Clayton.

                              %(#008000)[Trotman & Taylor
                              Architectural Consultants]

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • KrisidiousK
                                Krisidious
                                last edited by

                                @unknownuser said:

                                To all,

                                Just purchased SketchUP Pro 2013 upgrade from my SU Pro ver.8. However as others have pointed out, my Profile Builder plug-in or should I say extension, is not showing any profile images in the PB interface, so is now useless...H'mmm πŸ˜’

                                I can't find any new SU videos showing the what's new SU-2013 stuff, so will have to make do with the SU "what's New" webpage instead.... 😒 see link below:-

                                http://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-pro/new-in-2013

                                The new Extension page or Plug-in page is o.k; & if your main use of SketchUP is Architecture, I found a great plug-in, see link below:-

                                ERROR: The request could not be satisfied

                                favicon

                                (extensions.sketchup.com)

                                Over & out,
                                Clayton.

                                Fix for Profile Builder...

                                404 Not Found

                                favicon

                                (sketchucation.com)

                                By: Kristoff Rand
                                Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • thomthomT
                                  thomthom
                                  last edited by

                                  @alan fraser said:

                                  Moderator wand? I've never heard it called that before. πŸ˜‰

                                  I moderate you long time!

                                  Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                  List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • thomthomT
                                    thomthom
                                    last edited by

                                    @chris fullmer said:

                                    Yup, all the ruby developers are making their own, and doing a fine job of it I think too.

                                    ...or simply being lazy and using cookies... πŸ˜’

                                    Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • thomthomT
                                      thomthom
                                      last edited by

                                      @mike amos said:

                                      Something I do find to be a pain is the lag between selecting a new tool and the tool being ready to use. There is a significant lag and not something I have had before. V8 does not act like this. Only twilight render plug in so far so it should not be that but, note sure to be honest. Not something I will fret over but it does nag a bit.

                                      On my office computer (freshly formatted) I some times "feel" a lag I don't do on the same model in SU8. Especially when SU's window has been inactive a while.
                                      But I'm not seeing this on my home computer. Not sure what to make of it.

                                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Dan RathbunD
                                        Dan Rathbun
                                        last edited by

                                        Network License checking ?

                                        I'm not here much anymore.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • J
                                          jpalm32
                                          last edited by

                                          @thomthom said:

                                          @alan fraser said:

                                          Moderator wand? I've never heard it called that before. πŸ˜‰

                                          I moderate you long time!

                                          Maybe send people (like myself) to the private consulting room.
                                          Charge $$ for anger issues.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • T
                                            Trogluddite
                                            last edited by

                                            Phew - that all took some reading!
                                            I've held off commenting thus far because I haven't really put 2013 through its paces - and as they say "the proof of the pudding is in the eating."
                                            But I would like to make the observation, that whatever the merits of SU 2013, I think there is something seriously lacking - clear, concise and thorough communication from Trimble. To take just a couple of quick examples...

                                            • Why do we need to ask what the policy is regarding "skipped" upgrades. While the programmers were busy refactoring their code, why was the marketing team not laying out a clear policy, determining price points, and creating documentation that would make this issue perfectly clear right from day one of their "new baby"? Simply saying that any "buy in" after a version skip will be "reasonable" is not good enough - for many of us, I'm sure, that just has the ring of the weasel words that we hear every day from spineless politicians.
                                              (EDIT: NB - I'd just like to make clear, this is not a dig at the Trimble guys who have been brave enough to post here - such things are, of course, a collective responsibility, and there will be corporate rules about what any individual is allowed to say).

                                            • "Many bug fixes and performance improvement made" - that's great, it's not always brand new features that bring the biggest workflow enhancements - software that works faster and crashes less is, for sure, a valuable thing in its own right.
                                              But, where do I look to see these improvements - what exactly can I expect to be more stable? - roughly how much faster can I expect feature "X" to perform?
                                              The coders will surely have tested these things in great detail before the release - so why are the release notes so vague, Trimble must surely have the requisite information to hand.

                                            Much as a applaud ThomThom et al. doing some profiling etc., so that the less "tech-savvy" members of the forum can better understand the differences, why are end users having to do this? If these improvements are significant, Trimble should be shouting about them - and maybe the lack-lustre list of new features would not seem quite so underwhelming.

                                            • If there are changes to the Ruby API, however small - why is the documentation for them not already in place? When I purchase a new gadget, I don't expect the instruction manual to follow along weeks or months later - I expect it right there from day one so that I can immediately reap the benefits of the new toys I have at my disposal.

                                            • There may be differences under the hood to "re-build the foundations" - but, if so, what? I would be perfectly happy to accept this explanation for the lack of "visible" enhancements, were I given some indication of a "road-map".
                                              Just some little sign of the anticipated future improvements that are intended to be built on the "new foundations" would go a long way to convince me that my upgrade fee is buying into a platform that has a fantastic future ahead of it.

                                            I don't intend to imply that the lack of info means that we are somehow being ripped off - but come on, Trimble, you want my boss to sign off my purchase order - convince me!!

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 21
                                            • 22
                                            • 1 / 22
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement