sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin][$] TopoShaper - v2.7b - 30 Jan 26

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    460 Posts 145 Posters 883.2k Views 144 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Rich O BrienR
      Rich O Brien Moderator
      last edited by

      Link Preview Image
      SketchUcation | List of Plugin Licences

      favicon

      (sketchucation.com)

      If you are purchasing from Turkey you will need to use Stripe as PayPal is not accepted in Turkey

      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • E
        Einstein
        last edited by

        Hey, Fredo, a little theoretical question about terrain generation from point cloud:
        What was the mathematical foundation for the terrain mesh upsampling / interpolation algorithm? I mean the tool which increases the mesh density and smooths it, preserving the exact positions of input vertices, as we add iterations. Was it the butterfly subdivision algorithm? Have you used any specific paper to create this tool, or did you come up with the meshing algorithm yourself? I'm asking because I'm looking for something similar for Blender. I know, however, that butterfly subdivision is available in MeshLab, and it does more-less what Topo Shaper does. Besides that, I'm really just curious.

        fredo6F 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • fredo6F
          fredo6 @Einstein
          last edited by

          @Einstein

          It's home made. I wrote it long time ago, but I remember that for the interpolation, I did not find anything suitable and usable for my level of math in the literature.

          For the upsampling of the triangulation, I remember that I tried the Steiner refinement approach, but it did not work well for what I wanted to do. So, I built my own method.

          I was not familiar with the butterfly subdivision algorithm and still am not. Maybe it is a more conventional approach.

          E 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 1
          • B
            BeyondSpace Newcomers
            last edited by

            Hi, can you tell me whether we can use toposhaper for a terrain that uses both contours and cloud points (spot levels) together?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • fredo6F
              fredo6
              last edited by

              No. At the moment, it is isocontours OR cloud points. You can simulate a few cloud points by small circular contours.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • B
                BeyondSpace Newcomers
                last edited by

                Thanks Fredo6

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • E
                  Einstein @fredo6
                  last edited by

                  @fredo6 It's a late reply from me, but thanks for the explanation. I'm honestly impressed you built the algorithm from scratch!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • fredo6F
                    fredo6
                    last edited by

                    NEW RELEASE: TopoShaper v2.7b - 30 Jan 26

                    Requirements:

                    • LibFredo6 v14.3b
                    • Sketchucation Plugintore v5.0.5

                    TopoShaper 2.7b is a maintenance release for

                    • Repackaging of rbz

                    Home Page of TopoShaper for information and Download.

                    Main post of this TopoShaper thread.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • J
                      johnmcgahey
                      last edited by

                      I update Toposhaper and now it doesn't work..... what happened?

                      Rich O BrienR 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Rich O BrienR
                        Rich O Brien Moderator @johnmcgahey
                        last edited by

                        @johnmcgahey said:

                        I update Toposhaper and now it doesn't work..... what happened?

                        Is your libfredo up todate too?

                        Please run the Window > Libfredo Settings > Fredo6 Plugins Information for Sketchucation Support menu command in SketchUp and copy/paste the output into your reply.

                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • J
                          johnmcgahey
                          last edited by

                          I wanted you to know that the latest Toposhaper version does not work on the new Mac OS version of Sketchup 26.2.242. I upgraded my sketchup and now Toposhaper does not work. I have another workstation with Sketchup version 26.1.257 and your version of Toposhaper still works.

                          John McGahey, AIA

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • fredo6F
                            fredo6
                            last edited by

                            Can you indicate which Mac you have (Intel or ARM) and run the Window > Libfredo Settings > Fredo6 Plugins Information for Sketchucation Support menu command in SketchUp, as well as describe what does not work. Do you see the menu and toolbar, do you get error messages.
                            I would also suggest that you open the Ruby console and leave it open when you close Sketchup. When you restart Sketchup, the console will open and show possible error messages.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            • 1
                            • 2
                            • 19
                            • 20
                            • 21
                            • 22
                            • 23
                            • 23 / 23
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement