sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    New 2.5D+ tree set is now available...

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Components, Materials & Styles
    sketchup
    31 Posts 16 Posters 10.4k Views 16 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • bazB
      baz
      last edited by

      thanks tom, how about a eucalypt some time for us aussies, (although I understand they are fairly common in california.)

      baz

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • R
        red_shift
        last edited by

        Trying to figure out how to make these trees render properly in Maxwell or the new Thea Render. They render perfectly in Twilight, but not in MR or Thea. Anyone else tried?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • N
          notareal
          last edited by

          @red_shift said:

          Trying to figure out how to make these trees render properly in Maxwell or the new Thea Render. They render perfectly in Twilight, but not in MR or Thea. Anyone else tried?

          Have you reported this yet on SU2TH bugs?

          Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • T
            tomsdesk
            last edited by

            Oli, I've just heard Thea is having troubles with png's in general and a fix is in the works...also there is a separate issue with SU's material editor changes in transparency and color, which my trees rely on heavily to work as well as they do. Sure hope this gets resolved!

            http://www.tomsdesk.moonfruit.com/
            2.5D Trees & Shrubs!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • N
              notareal
              last edited by

              @tomsdesk said:

              Oli, I've just heard Thea is having troubles with png's in general and a fix is in the works...also there is a separate issue with SU's material editor changes in transparency and color, which my trees rely on heavily to work as well as they do. Sure hope this gets resolved!

              There is no "troubles with png's in general" that I know. As a format png do work just fine. But there is a workflow issue with alpha stored to png - that should be fixed soon. Actually a automatic filling of the clip channel from png alpha did work in some point, but was turned off because of a bug. It's quite critical feature to get back due popularity of 2D entourage. There is a manual workaround to use alpha from png, but it cannot be a permanent solution to this issue. Also there is a separate issue with alpha map and halos - it's been worked on. There is a manual fix for that too, just let me know if you need a help with it.

              Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • R
                red_shift
                last edited by

                I did find a workaround. I first turn off the shadow layer of Tom's trees in SU. Then, in Thea studio I set the clipping texture to the alpha image (enabling clipping and setting channel to Alpha rather than RGB). I also find that in scattering that I need to set the Index of Refraction to 1 rather to 1.5.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • T
                  tomsdesk
                  last edited by

                  Oli...I am sooooo happy to hear this! Have fun!

                  http://www.tomsdesk.moonfruit.com/
                  2.5D Trees & Shrubs!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • soloS
                    solo
                    last edited by

                    Tom, they work in Thea, just had to adjust the transparency in SU before export.

                    Straight Thea output with Bloom and vignetting, no post processing.

                    http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5797/tomnprthea.jpg

                    http://www.solos-art.com

                    If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • T
                      tomsdesk
                      last edited by

                      Well, I'm happy...thanks a bunch, Pete!

                      http://www.tomsdesk.moonfruit.com/
                      2.5D Trees & Shrubs!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • broomstickB
                        broomstick
                        last edited by

                        Thank you very muche, great models πŸ˜„

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          red_shift
                          last edited by

                          @solo said:

                          Tom, they work in Thea, just had to adjust the transparency in SU before export.

                          Straight Thea output with Bloom and vignetting, no post processing.

                          http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5797/tomnprthea.jpg

                          Pete: you didn't have to do anything additional in Thea? What kind of transparency adjustment in SU?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • soloS
                            solo
                            last edited by

                            I eliminated all transparency values in SU, in Thea I clicked to enable the clip, and used the texture as a clipmap making sure it was alpha and not RGB.

                            http://www.solos-art.com

                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • R
                              red_shift
                              last edited by

                              Similar to my approach mentioned above. I'm glad these work in Thea.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • B
                                buk2noy
                                last edited by

                                sir, thank you! πŸŽ‰

                                seeking for peace of mind

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • T
                                  tallbridgeguy
                                  last edited by

                                  solo said
                                  @unknownuser said:

                                  I eliminated all transparency values in SU, in Thea I clicked to enable the clip, and used the texture as a clipmap making sure it was alpha and not RGB.

                                  Thanks!

                                  TBG

                                  Nielsen
                                  http://www.tallbridgeguy.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • S
                                    stevebo
                                    last edited by

                                    Oldish topic but just want to say thank you Tom πŸ˜„. I promised I would buy it, bit late but I did πŸ˜„. They look great!

                                    Edit: Some quick tests on Vray

                                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/stevebo37/1-8.jpg

                                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/stevebo37/2-6.jpg

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                    Register Login
                                    • 1
                                    • 2
                                    • 2 / 2
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Buy SketchPlus
                                    Buy SUbD
                                    Buy WrapR
                                    Buy eBook
                                    Buy Modelur
                                    Buy Vertex Tools
                                    Buy SketchCuisine
                                    Buy FormFonts

                                    Advertisement