sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    (Bed)Room with a view.....

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    14 Posts 5 Posters 601 Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Rich O BrienR
      Rich O Brien Moderator @Mike Amos
      last edited by

      @Mike-Amos I still think there's some work needed in relation the Rayscaper's component lights and its emission based materials.

      Those lampshades above the bed need to allow light to pass through it. RS has a Thin checkbox for such cases. Its kinda fiddly to use but its worth experimenting with it.

      I'm waiting on the issues around lights to get some love before using too many lights as I've encountered the odd crash or unwanted results.

      I'd also give the Sheen property a twirl for the bed fabrics to get that fresnel effect.

      Nice job though.

      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

      Mike AmosM 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Mike AmosM
        Mike Amos @Rich O Brien
        last edited by Mike Amos

        @Rich-O-Brien

        Ta Rich.

        As the lights were in the model already I thought I would give that a go, see where it went.

        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

        Mike AmosM 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Mike AmosM
          Mike Amos @Mike Amos
          last edited by

          @Mike-Amos

          Somewhat altered.

          3 200s 2000 x 1000 1h 01m 14s GPU.png

          Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

          pixelcruncherP 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pixelcruncherP
            pixelcruncher Extension Creator @Mike Amos
            last edited by

            @Mike-Amos Very nice results!

            I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

            Mike AmosM 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Mike AmosM
              Mike Amos @pixelcruncher
              last edited by Mike Amos

              @pixelcruncher

              Ta mate, easier with Rich and yourself around to throw suggestions into the ring.

              I think one more with removal of certain lights and a slight change or two. Moving away from the origin.

              Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • L
                L i am
                last edited by

                Those lights are much better Mike. What about a little shine on the floorπŸ‘

                Mike AmosM 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Mike AmosM
                  Mike Amos @L i am
                  last edited by

                  @L-i-am

                  Ta mate, working on shine and a few other little bits. New software takes a while to adjust to.

                  Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                  L 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 1
                  • L
                    L i am @Mike Amos
                    last edited by

                    @Mike-Amos I know that feeling well, it is like a motor memory thing,

                    Mike AmosM 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Mike AmosM
                      Mike Amos @L i am
                      last edited by Rich O Brien

                      @L-i-am

                      None of us are immune mate. I have removed all textures and am starting from scratch.

                      No idea where this is going as it was only supposed to 'blow the bleeping doors off'.

                      Oh well. t#is friday again and rain tomorrow, I hope....

                      5 200s 2000 x 1000 22m 32s GPU.png

                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                      Mike AmosM 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Mike AmosM
                        Mike Amos @Mike Amos
                        last edited by Mike Amos

                        @Mike-Amos

                        Taking a break for a while now, every time I run a render, I have to reset everything.

                        I mean everything.

                        Too hot for that right now for those of us with Viking ancestry.

                        Last pic is incomplete with some finish's being AWOL.

                        6 200s 2000 x 1000 16m 38s GPU.png

                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          Ohhhh, quite nice!

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          Mike AmosM 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Mike AmosM
                            Mike Amos @Bryan K
                            last edited by

                            @Bryan-K

                            Ta mate, the scene has promise, when it's cooler.

                            Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                            Bryan KB 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Bryan KB
                              Bryan K @Mike Amos
                              last edited by

                              @Mike-Amos said in (Bed)Room with a view.....:

                              @Bryan-K

                              Ta mate, the scene has promise, when it's cooler.

                              I can tell already it's going to be stunning!

                              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                              Register Login
                              • 1 / 1
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Buy SketchPlus
                              Buy SUbD
                              Buy WrapR
                              Buy eBook
                              Buy Modelur
                              Buy Vertex Tools
                              Buy SketchCuisine
                              Buy FormFonts

                              Advertisement