sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin][$] ThruPaint - v2.9a - 21 Apr 26

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    195 Posts 55 Posters 79.7k Views 55 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Rich O BrienR
      Rich O Brien Moderator
      last edited by

      Press Enter or Left click...

      https://i.imgur.com/PPwnWXv.png

      ...on a surface with a material...

      https://i.imgur.com/akFRjiN.png


      gr-tp.gif

      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Gus RG
        Gus R
        last edited by

        Rich,

        Thanks! I went back and tried again after I posted this and it came back.

        I'll paint with Thrupaint and then when I left click it just keeps repainting. Seems like hitting "enter" works great. Don't know what's happening on my end. And now the left click is working easily again. 😲

        Anyway, I found this useful video from SketchupEssentials: "ALL of Fredo6's SketchUp Extensions EXPLAINED!"

        www.instagram.com/gusrobatto/

        www.facebook.com/gusrobatto

        www.flickr.com/photos/gusrobatto

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • R
          rv1974
          last edited by

          1. Its impossible to sample (alt click) material outsidethe context when using Thrupaint inside a component. Could it be fixed?
          2. Are there plans to add material editing like size, transparensy, HSL etc insideTrupaint?
            Unfortunately without it the standard Paint tool can't be abandoned.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • alexpacio2013A
            alexpacio2013
            last edited by

            I can't install True Paint on my computer, why? I attach errors and list of installed Fredo6 plugins.


            SketchUp_6kvwMmi9Ld.png


            SketchUp_WM0egmCKYI.png

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              markcavey
              last edited by

              Not sure why i'm now getting this error


              ThruPaint.PNG

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • M
                Martuszka001
                last edited by

                Hi! I have a problem with the new version of ThruPaint. It doesn't work.
                I updated LibFredo6 to v13.4a, Sketchucation ExtensionStore to v4.2.9 and still shows me that "the version of ThruPaint v2.1b has expired. Please upgrade to the latest version."
                Whan can I do with that?


                Thrupaint.JPG

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • N
                  NadinA2022
                  last edited by

                  I can`t start the plagin from today 31.10.2022. It asks to upgrade? but its up to date.
                  Whats the problem may be and How fix it. Thanks.


                  Снимок экрана 2022-10-31 125309.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • fredo6F
                    fredo6
                    last edited by

                    NEW RELEASE: ThruPaint v2.2a - 31 Oct 22

                    ThruPaint 2.2a is for extension of validity.


                    Home Page of ThruPaint for information and Download.

                    Main post of this thread.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • G
                      Grey24601
                      last edited by

                      Hi Fredo,

                      I love this tool and couldn't work without it. However, it takes a very long time to load the materials. Is there a way to speed it up or revert back to the old way using the Sketchup selected material?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        jsinmichael
                        last edited by

                        This is a great tool. Thank you. Any chance of being able to pick colors from the default "Materials" color wheel or incorporate one of your own? Will the color picker only select color from the canvas?

                        Thanks!
                        J

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • fredo6F
                          fredo6
                          last edited by

                          @jsinmichael said:

                          This is a great tool. Thank you. Any chance of being able to pick colors from the default "Materials" color wheel or incorporate one of your own? Will the color picker only select color from the canvas?

                          Normally, if you create a material in the Sketchup native material browser, it should appear in the ThruPaint browser under the Model tab.
                          This is why ThruPaint has not material creation and edition capability.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • N
                            NadinA2022
                            last edited by

                            Good afternoon, I faced a problem: when start the plugin, the button lights up in blue, saying that the plugin is active, but the window for working as usual does not appear, how to fix it?Thanks.


                            p.jpg

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • kdewinterK
                              kdewinter
                              last edited by

                              Any update to have NCS colors implemented?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • fredo6F
                                fredo6
                                last edited by

                                @kdewinter said:

                                Any update to have NCS colors implemented?

                                NCS is included.

                                ThruPaint - NCS color fan.png

                                kdewinterK 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • JQLJ
                                  JQL
                                  last edited by

                                  Hi Fredo,

                                  I'm having an issue with Thrupaint where I can't use the gizmo to move textures around.

                                  Here's a gif:

                                  https://media.giphy.com/media/3yUT06FBclTVW1aHPw/giphy.gif

                                  www.casca.pt
                                  Visit us on facebook!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • fredo6F
                                    fredo6
                                    last edited by

                                    Can you open the Ruby Console to see if there are errors

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • JQLJ
                                      JQL
                                      last edited by

                                      Nothing showing in the console

                                      www.casca.pt
                                      Visit us on facebook!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • fredo6F
                                        fredo6
                                        last edited by

                                        Does the Gizmo works on other faces?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • J
                                          jkoll66
                                          last edited by

                                          I'm having an issue where the Paint Face toolbar won't load. I've attached a screenshot and the console log. Thanks in advance for any help.


                                          Console Log


                                          Screenshot

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • fredo6F
                                            fredo6
                                            last edited by

                                            I think you probably need to reboot your PC and tell me if this make it work.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 3 / 10
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement