sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Breakfast Nook

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    15 Posts 9 Posters 2.9k Views 9 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tuna1957T
      tuna1957
      last edited by

      More practice… SU image and a render. Rendered in Twilight, post pro with Affinity Photo. Experimenting on the post pro side. Clueless if I’m getting better at it or not. 😆

      Side note… yes the texture on the side of the chair seat is messed up ! Dumb me didn’t notice until after running the render. Had to fix a little in post pro…..


      breakfast nook_2 copy.jpeg


      breakfast nook_2_Scene 5_PP2 copy-Edit.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Rich O BrienR
        Rich O Brien Moderator
        last edited by

        The lampshade texture is yum! As is the rest of the image.

        TwiLight, in the right hands, is up there with the big players.

        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • ntxdaveN
          ntxdave
          last edited by

          @rich o brien said:

          TwiLight, in the right hands, is up there with the big players.

          And this is the right guy! 👍 👍

          Press F1...thank me later

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pbacotP
            pbacot
            last edited by

            Excellent one! Even acoustic ceiling!

            MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • L
              L i am
              last edited by

              Hi Tuna, there is a component in a render that I am anable to define other that "airiness" and this has it in spades, nice work. If I have to put in my 2 bob's worth, where the walls meet the ceiling could use some cornicing. I think that detail would add a lot to a your fine render.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Bryan KB
                Bryan K
                last edited by

                Nailed it. That brings back memories. 👍

                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • tuna1957T
                  tuna1957
                  last edited by

                  Thanks everyone for your comments. 😎

                  Quick shout to L i am , If by “cornice” your referring to crown molding? All I can say is I hate crown molding! 😆

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • HornOxxH
                    HornOxx
                    last edited by

                    👍 I agree with all above 👍
                    ... I myself am far from being a rendering professional 😄 But since this work is really good, for example the lighting and the texturing, I would like to add a little suggestion.
                    For example, how about intentionally making it less perfect - for example, making the table-sets (?) on the table a little "messier", or model the lower 4 or 5 slats of the blinds a little more crooked, or turn one chair out a little more as if someone had just stood up to take this picture - something like that...

                    never trust a skinny cook

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • tuna1957T
                      tuna1957
                      last edited by

                      HornOxx, appreciate your comments. I do struggle at times setting up my scenes. I’m a bit “OCD” , have a tough time making things too messy 😆

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • HornOxxH
                        HornOxx
                        last edited by

                        @tuna1957 said:

                        ... I’m a bit “OCD” , have a tough time making things too messy 😆

                        😆 👍 klasse! 😆 and great work anyway!

                        never trust a skinny cook

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • locoL
                          loco
                          last edited by

                          I like it. Good lighting too. A Little bit retro as well.

                          Windows 10, gpu rtx 3060 12gb ram, cpu AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 64gb ram, SketchUp 2022, Twinmotion 2022. My Little Tutorial

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • tuna1957T
                            tuna1957
                            last edited by

                            Thanks loco 👍

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Mike AmosM
                              Mike Amos
                              last edited by

                              Your photography skills are going from strength to strength, marvelous mate. 👊

                              Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • tuna1957T
                                tuna1957
                                last edited by

                                Thanks Mike 😆

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • pbacotP
                                  pbacot
                                  last edited by

                                  @l i am said:

                                  Hi Tuna, there is a component in a render that I am anable to define other that "airiness" and this has it in spades, nice work. If I have to put in my 2 bob's worth, where the walls meet the ceiling could use some cornicing. I think that detail would add a lot to a your fine render.

                                  It wouldn't fit the mid-century look. Millions of houses have this sort of ceiling from 50's to late 70's.

                                  MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                  Register Login
                                  • 1 / 1
                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  Buy SketchPlus
                                  Buy SUbD
                                  Buy WrapR
                                  Buy eBook
                                  Buy Modelur
                                  Buy Vertex Tools
                                  Buy SketchCuisine
                                  Buy FormFonts

                                  Advertisement