sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    FFmpeg: Instructions for download and Install

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Animator Beta
    renderpluginsextensions
    46 Posts 24 Posters 126.7k Views 24 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B
      barlabumbia
      last edited by

      Hello everyone! I have a problem with generating video on Mac OS. I installed the latest version of ffmpeg and placed the downloaded file in the application folder and pointed to it in the video export window. Available video formats immediately appeared in this window, I select the desired one and start exporting, when the indicator reaches 100%, but the video is not created (a folder with .png and .txt files appears. Please help me solve this issue, I really need to make a video animation! Thank you very much!
      Снимок экрана 2025-03-07 в 23.33.31.png
      Снимок экрана 2025-03-07 в 23.33.20.png
      Снимок экрана 2025-03-07 в 23.50.09.png

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • fredo6F
        fredo6
        last edited by

        It seems that the FFmpeg program is not launching correctly, probably because of security restrictions that you have to configure (since you downloaded it from Internet).

        Can you open the Ruby Console, copy/paste the following command and type Enter.

        Kernel.system ""#{Traductor::FFmpeg.instantiate.program_locate}" -h"

        This invoke FFmpeg help. The return value should be true.

        If you get false, I would have a look at the previous post about giving permissions to FFmpeg.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • B
          barlabumbia
          last edited by Rich O Brien

          Thanks for trying) None of the above worked) But I am very grateful that you answered me so quickly, because it is so important to support each other) I will briefly share my story. I tried all possible methods that can only be found on the Internet, but nothing worked, although I managed to install ffmpeg without lipsodium and everything that is downloaded further. Chat GPT helped me, he wrote me the exact command for the terminal and I converted my first video! After that, somehow everything started working in ANIMATOR! Thanks to FREDO for his work and gifts! If anyone needs the command for the terminal, I will leave it here:

          ffmpeg -framerate 30 -i ~/Desktop/test/image%03d.png -c:v libx264 -r 30 -pix_fmt yuv420p ~/Desktop/output.mp4
          
          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 1
          • F
            Fantin75 Newcomers
            last edited by

            This post is deleted!
            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • F
              Fantin75 Newcomers
              last edited by

              Hi I had a similar issue - tried to generate a video, and it didn't work. See the log:
              Screenshot 2025-03-17 at 2.31.08 PM.png

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • fredo6F
                fredo6
                last edited by

                Is there a double quote (after 1:4) in the name of the folder where Animator.

                Also, if you post a trace, please use the txt file (_EventLog_video_generation.txt). This is easier to read than a screen capture.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  DidiLenz Newcomers
                  last edited by

                  ffmpeg -framerate 30 -i ~/Desktop/test/image%03d.png -c:v libx264 -r 30 -pix_fmt yuv420p ~/Desktop/output.mp4
                  where do I have to insert?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • S
                    Scit
                    last edited by

                    Hello, FFmpeg continues to generate 25 fps videos (mp4) 1920x1080 despite of selecting different framerates. please help

                    T 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • F
                      Fantin75 Newcomers
                      last edited by

                      This post is deleted!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • T
                        TDahl @Scit
                        last edited by TDahl

                        @Scit @fredo6 I see the same issue - all MP4 videos seem to be encoded as 25FPS regardless of what is set in the Animator clip creation UI. I am using a Mac Studio with macOS 26.6.2. I am not sure what version of ffmpeg I have; I think it was "inherited" from my previous Mac when I installed this Mac Studio and migrated the contents from my prior Mac.

                        Edited to add: I just updated ffmpeg to a build from a few days ago (downloaded from https://ffmpeg.martin-riedl.de/) and there is no difference. MP4 clips are still encoded as 25FPS even when, for example, 30FPS is selected in the Animator GUI.

                        This is causing some grief in my video editor (iMovie), complicating how I time some voice-over with the video content, and also with how I have the editor dissolve from one clip to another when frame-by-frame synchronization is important.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 3 / 3
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement