sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    My first home to be constructed UPDATE!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    28 Posts 17 Posters 4.9k Views 17 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Rich O BrienR
      Rich O Brien Moderator
      last edited by

      Gorgeous house! And nice SketchUp output too

      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • K
        kaas
        last edited by

        First Home and you're going Lautner style. You must like a challenge πŸ˜„
        Great work and cudoz for the client who's up for something out of the ordinary.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pilouP
          pilou
          last edited by

          Metallic structure was yet a sculpture! 😎

          Frenchy Pilou
          Is beautiful that please without concept!
          My Little site :)

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • RichardR
            Richard
            last edited by

            WOW mate! You must be so proud to see your design as particularly sculptural coming to life.

            Seriously well done! I hope you update the thread as they get all the detailed stuff installed!!

            BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • jo-keJ
              jo-ke
              last edited by

              What a nice project. Congratulations! Good job!

              http://www.zz7.de

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • HornOxxH
                HornOxx
                last edited by

                πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
                ... please continue to post the progress there

                never trust a skinny cook

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ntxdaveN
                  ntxdave
                  last edited by

                  As others have said, very impressive.

                  Is this the Newport Beach house? Have not been there for many years now but would be neat to see this when finished.

                  Press F1...thank me later

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • D
                    db11
                    last edited by

                    Pretty wild design for a first build! (and I mean that in a good way)

                    Congrats on a great accomplishment.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pbacotP
                      pbacot
                      last edited by

                      Wow. Congratulations!

                      MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • F
                        firstliight
                        last edited by

                        @ntxdave said:

                        As others have said, very impressive.

                        Is this the Newport Beach house? Have not been there for many years now but would be neat to see this when finished.

                        Hello ntxdave thanks for the kind words.

                        This is not the Newport Beach house, this house is being built in Palm Springs, CA

                        The Newport Beach house is just in concept phase as we work with a potential client to see if they would want to work with us.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • ntxdaveN
                          ntxdave
                          last edited by

                          Looked very similar in design so I thought maybe it was the same home although the terrain (background) did not look anything like I remember from that area.
                          As I, and others said, very nice work and very interesting to see photos as it is being built.

                          Press F1...thank me later

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • F
                            firstliight
                            last edited by

                            @kaas said:

                            First Home and you're going Lautner style. You must like a challenge πŸ˜„
                            Great work and cudoz for the client who's up for something out of the ordinary.

                            Thanks I love John Lautner's work, he's one of the Architects that I am inspired by, along with Architect/Designer Guy Dreier. I think he is the best at the ultra modern style.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • pmolsonP
                              pmolson
                              last edited by

                              I remember thinking to myself when i first saw your model posted...(cooool, but no way is this thing getting built...)

                              Just goes to show what I know...

                              Outstanding! very, very, cool! Congratulations.

                              Paul

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • DanielD
                                Daniel
                                last edited by

                                Congrats, Aaron. Can't wait to see the finished product.

                                My avatar is an anachronism.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • F
                                  firstliight
                                  last edited by

                                  @pmolson said:

                                  I remember thinking to myself when i first saw your model posted...(cooool, but no way is this thing getting built...)

                                  Just goes to show what I know...

                                  Outstanding! very, very, cool! Congratulations.

                                  Paul

                                  Thanks Paul.

                                  I have to say coming from the inner city of Chicago, I didn't know houses could be anything other than what we normally see, mostly minimal and gable roof type structures, then as I got more into architecture I found out about Architect Guy Dreier and started to see that a home can be a lot more creative and unique and that excited me very much.

                                  I got a blessing to work for a developer that pushes uniquely interesting shaped homes, and that's what the people want that come to us.

                                  Thanks again.

                                  Check out Guy Dreier Designs.com
                                  You will see way better than what I have done for sure. πŸ˜„

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • F
                                    firstliight
                                    last edited by

                                    @bryan k said:

                                    Congratulations! That's a very cool and impressive design and I love the construction photos. (they are fine, BTW)

                                    Please keep us posted!

                                    Thanks Brian

                                    Will keep everyone posted

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • F
                                      firstliight
                                      last edited by

                                      @daniel said:

                                      Congrats, Aaron. Can't wait to see the finished product.

                                      Thanks Daniel

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Bryan KB
                                        Bryan K
                                        last edited by

                                        @firstliight said:

                                        @bryan k said:

                                        Congratulations! That's a very cool and impressive design and I love the construction photos. (they are fine, BTW)

                                        Please keep us posted!

                                        Thanks Brian

                                        Will keep everyone posted

                                        Excellent. Looking forward to seeing them. πŸ‘

                                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Mike LuceyM
                                          Mike Lucey
                                          last edited by

                                          Well done Aaron, that's one cool design. Its great to see the 'meat' going on the 'bones'. Its looks perfectly natural in its setting also.

                                          Please keep the pictures rolling in as I imagine the interiors will be impressive.

                                          Mike

                                          Support us so we can support you! Upgrade to Premium Membership!

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • F
                                            firstliight
                                            last edited by

                                            @mike lucey said:

                                            Well done Aaron, that's one cool design. Its great to see the 'meat' going on the 'bones'. Its looks perfectly natural in its setting also.

                                            Please keep the pictures rolling in as I imagine the interiors will be impressive.

                                            Mike

                                            Thanks Mike will keep the updates coming and thanks again.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement