sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SubD examples and models

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SUbD
    renderpluginsextensions
    1.7k Posts 81 Posters 2.1m Views 79 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • HornOxxH
      HornOxx
      last edited by

      @pilou said:

      ... The trick is colored first ...?

      typical French - you inspire a new fashion trend !! πŸ˜›


      pilou car.JPG

      never trust a skinny cook

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • thomthomT
        thomthom
        last edited by

        @optimaforever said:

        I don't know if it's in the pipeline but I guess that having the SUbD not visible when working and only visible during rendertime would be an equally useful feature. A kind of general SUbD toggle on/off in the SUbD preferences. The thing is, there is always an SUbD object on which I forget to apply the subdivision before pushing on the render button (lazy me), and having a "all subd on when rendering" toggle button would save my ass for sure 🀒

        I'm in contact with some render engines in exploring way to allow them to render subdivided mesh independent from what is visible in the SU viewport. πŸ˜„

        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • O
          optimaforever
          last edited by

          Thomthom, you're da man πŸ˜„

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • L
            leminilab
            last edited by

            Hi, Just uploaded a few objects modeled with basically Vertex Tools, and SubD:
            https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u4ce6c724-8926-4af9-a91c-acbe495b50db

            Thanks for the planet, man (if everybody could share their files in proxy mode (1,5 to 9,5Mb in my example), we'd save a lot of energy!

            You well deserve the cookies you get! My hero! πŸ˜„

            • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
            • "ThomThom rules!!!"
            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • StinkieS
              Stinkie
              last edited by

              @thomthom said:

              I'm in contact with some render engines in exploring way to allow them to render subdivided mesh independent from what is visible in the SU viewport. πŸ˜„

              Now that'd be quite something. πŸ‘

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • BoxB
                Box
                last edited by

                I really do love the simplicity of modelling with the combination of QFT, VT and SubD.

                http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s296/storeben/SU/Marble_1.png

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pilouP
                  pilou
                  last edited by

                  Vasarely revival! 😎

                  Frenchy Pilou
                  Is beautiful that please without concept!
                  My Little site :)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • HornOxxH
                    HornOxx
                    last edited by

                    ... a simple beverage can and a trial with texturing


                    beverage can 1600.jpg


                    beverage can Proxy.skp

                    never trust a skinny cook

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • thomthomT
                      thomthom
                      last edited by

                      @hornoxx said:

                      ... a simple beverage can and a trial with texturing

                      Thanks for sharing that model. This will be useful to experiment with how OpenSubdiv handle UVs.

                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        cuttingedge
                        last edited by

                        The hardest thing about having a shoe like this is lacing it especially when youre in a hurry....Im taking my time.. yet making this in 3d is proving to be more difficult than i ever suspected.

                        lace my shoe?

                        im happy anyways with how the shoe is taking shape.. πŸ˜„

                        Tried 3 methods.. but i couldnt even show it...So how do i lace this shoe?... proxy attached in case..

                        lace my shoe model

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • ely862meE
                          ely862me
                          last edited by

                          Why this won't subdivide ?


                          Lace.jpg


                          Lace.skp

                          Elisei (sketchupper)


                          Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                          Come and See EliseiDesign

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • thomthomT
                            thomthom
                            last edited by

                            @ely862me said:

                            Why this won't subdivide ?

                            It subdivided fine for me...

                            2016-02-08_11h00_26.png

                            ❓

                            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • BoxB
                              Box
                              last edited by

                              Works for me.


                              Lace.JPG

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • ely862meE
                                ely862me
                                last edited by

                                It doesn't work for me. I have sent the bug. I get one every time I try it.


                                err.jpg

                                Elisei (sketchupper)


                                Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                Come and See EliseiDesign

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • micioneM
                                  micione
                                  last edited by

                                  Elisei ,
                                  check your other plugins.
                                  it is a conflict.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Rich O BrienR
                                    Rich O Brien Moderator
                                    last edited by

                                    works for me too

                                    Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • thomthomT
                                      thomthom
                                      last edited by

                                      @ely862me said:

                                      I thought this was happening only with this model, but it seems it happens with all. I don't remember doing any changes later. This is a bit strange. Maybe Thomas has some hints from the error I sent his way.

                                      Edit

                                      Thomas, have you released any updates recently ?
                                      When I went to Welcomne to SubD panel it said a new version is available. Then I went to SCF pluginstore and installed SubD. Now it seems to work.

                                      You where running an expired beta build. Guess you didn't update after the release.

                                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • ely862meE
                                        ely862me
                                        last edited by

                                        I thought this was happening only with this model, but it seems it happens with all. I don't remember doing any changes later. This is a bit strange. Maybe Thomas has some hints from the error I sent his way.

                                        Edit

                                        Thomas, have you released any updates recently ?
                                        When I went to the Welcome to SubD panel it said a new version is available. Then I went to the SCF pluginstore and installed SubD. Now it seems to work.

                                        Elisei (sketchupper)


                                        Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                        Come and See EliseiDesign

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • ely862meE
                                          ely862me
                                          last edited by

                                          Strange as it worked until today !
                                          I believe I didn't update after the release.
                                          Thanks, back and runnin' fine !

                                          Elisei (sketchupper)


                                          Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                                          Come and See EliseiDesign

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • thomthomT
                                            thomthom
                                            last edited by

                                            The beta builds have an expiry time based on the build date.

                                            Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 75
                                            • 76
                                            • 77
                                            • 78
                                            • 79
                                            • 83
                                            • 84
                                            • 77 / 84
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement