sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SubD examples and models

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SUbD
    renderpluginsextensions
    1.7k Posts 81 Posters 2.1m Views 79 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pilouP
      pilou
      last edited by

      Peanuts! ☀

      Frenchy Pilou
      Is beautiful that please without concept!
      My Little site :)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • F
        faust07
        last edited by

        Perfect and ready to animate... 😉

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • duanekempD
          duanekemp
          last edited by

          Horn Oxx,
          This is so fun and very cool modeling. Bravo.

          Duane Kemp

          Kemp Productions
          Puidoux, Switzerland
          Gallery:
          https://duanekemp.artstation.com/

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • alsomarA
            alsomar Extension Creator
            last edited by

            I'm trying to model an oyster, so here's my first attempt.

            1. Quad modeling

            https://alejandrosoriano.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/oyster_01.jpg

            1. Subdivided model

            https://alejandrosoriano.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/oyster_02.jpg

            Alejandro Soriano Visuals · All my links

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • N
              nlipovac
              last edited by

              It looks great! 👍 😄
              Do I think it should be less flat on top?
              What is your plan for texture?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • alsomarA
                alsomar Extension Creator
                last edited by

                @nlipovac said:

                It looks great! 👍 😄
                Do I think it should be less flat on top?
                What is your plan for texture?
                Yes, I agree. It should be a little more curvy. Once I get a nice modelling, I'm going to send it to WrapR and then to Substance Painter.

                Alejandro Soriano Visuals · All my links

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • N
                  nlipovac
                  last edited by

                  Cool, hope it will be soon! 😄

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Rich O BrienR
                    Rich O Brien Moderator
                    last edited by

                    Next release of WrapR will support groups/components and ngons.

                    Not to derail this thread but it is something I'm excited we got sorted out.

                    Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • alsomarA
                      alsomar Extension Creator
                      last edited by

                      @rich o brien said:

                      Next release of WrapR will support groups/components and ngons.

                      Not to derail this thread but it is something I'm excited we got sorted out.
                      Great news! Thanks for the info!

                      Alejandro Soriano Visuals · All my links

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • HornOxxH
                        HornOxx
                        last edited by

                        Alsomar - this is a beautiful model idea 👍 😄 especially the increase of 4 up to so many needed loops which is a good SubD modeling principle...

                        never trust a skinny cook

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • alsomarA
                          alsomar Extension Creator
                          last edited by

                          @hornoxx said:

                          especially the increase of 4 up to so many needed loops which is a good SubD modeling principle...

                          Thank you, it's a quick way to avoid a large number of quads in a narrow area.

                          Alejandro Soriano Visuals · All my links

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Rich O BrienR
                            Rich O Brien Moderator
                            last edited by

                            I haven't seen the show but the Charlie Brown post got me thinking about doing some cartoony stuff...

                            render-04.png

                            render-03.png

                            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • HornOxxH
                              HornOxx
                              last edited by

                              just WOW !!!! 😲

                              never trust a skinny cook

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • StinkieS
                                Stinkie
                                last edited by

                                @rich o brien said:

                                I haven't seen the show (...)

                                You should, it's great. Excellent model!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • utilerU
                                  utiler
                                  last edited by

                                  Nice work, Rich. Would love to see a video tut [you know, the ones that are shown x times speed] of one of these models just to see what goes into creating free form models...

                                  Maximus kudos!

                                  Just Curious...

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • tuna1957T
                                    tuna1957
                                    last edited by

                                    Rich , I have know idea who that character is I just know it sure is great ! 👍 👍

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Rich O BrienR
                                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                                      last edited by

                                      @utiler said:

                                      Nice work, Rich. Would love to see a video tut [you know, the ones that are shown x times speed] of one of these models just to see what goes into creating free form models...

                                      Maximus kudos!

                                      I don't think this would offer any more info. It was freestyle modeling. No really hard or fast methods. Just bruteforce it.

                                      SketchUp_2018-03-26_10-43-08.png

                                      I will think about it though. My alien head speed modeling video kinda was the same process. Only difference here is I'm using an experimental Vertex Tools build that has an improved Gizmo.

                                      Here's the medium proxy in case someone needs it...

                                      rick.skp

                                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Rich O BrienR
                                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                                        last edited by

                                        The render was done with Blender Eeve which is amazing as it took 12secs to render even with subsurface effects.

                                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • utilerU
                                          utiler
                                          last edited by

                                          Thanks mate, I'll take a look. I do have vertex tools but rarely have looked into learning it properly. I guess work gets in the way.

                                          Just Curious...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • alvisA
                                            alvis
                                            last edited by

                                            Armchair...


                                            sh1.jpg


                                            sh12.jpg

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 54
                                            • 55
                                            • 56
                                            • 57
                                            • 58
                                            • 83
                                            • 84
                                            • 56 / 84
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement