sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SubD examples and models

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SUbD
    renderpluginsextensions
    1.7k Posts 81 Posters 2.1m Views 79 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • thomthomT
      thomthom
      last edited by

      @vizan said:

      I found a solution to this problem

      The solution is making the edges not only soft+smooth, but also hidden?

      Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • R
        rspierenburg
        last edited by

        That and using a Vray Toon Material that renders the subd'ed edges.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • V
          Vizan
          last edited by

          @thomthom said:

          @vizan said:

          I found a solution to this problem

          The solution is making the edges not only soft+smooth, but also hidden?

          Yes, here I showed how this can be done with the additional selection_edge and Curic Deep Select plugins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBCDTTtv2Hc

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • panixiaP
            panixia
            last edited by

            As I said you cand do that using "selection toys" as well.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • thomthomT
              thomthom
              last edited by

              This feels like a V-Ray bug to me. I'd expect soft edges also to not be rendered along with hidden edges.

              Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • V
                Vizan
                last edited by

                @thomthom said:

                This feels like a V-Ray bug to me. I'd expect soft edges also to not be rendered along with hidden edges.

                Unfortunately it is, but it is not critical for me. Of course I wanted this feature to work correctly.


                screenshot15.png


                screenshot16_1.png


                screenshot16_2.png


                screenshot16_3.png

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • V
                  Vizan
                  last edited by

                  Here are my examples of using the SubD tool, in part or in full;)


                  LONDON transparent table and chairs Signal H-669 black_1.png


                  LONDON transparent table and chairs Signal H-669 black_5.png


                  Rend_1.png


                  Rend_5.png


                  Комплект EUROHOME Большой стол в гостиную 6139+cтул бежевый 7354_2.jpg


                  Комплект EUROHOME Большой стол в гостиную 6139+cтул бежевый 7354_5.jpg


                  LaForma Стул ZADINE+Барный стул ZADINE_01.jpg


                  LaForma Стул ZADINE+Барный стул ZADINE_04.jpg


                  Stul_tiffany_render 2.jpg


                  Stul_tiffany_render 3.jpg


                  Stul_tiffany_render 4.jpg


                  Stul_tiffany_render 5.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • panixiaP
                    panixia
                    last edited by

                    Nice furniture models. 👍

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • V
                      Vizan
                      last edited by

                      @panixia said:

                      Nice furniture models. 👍

                      Thanks, I'm still studying 😄

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • C
                        Callegari_hr
                        last edited by

                        @vizan said:

                        @panixia said:

                        Nice furniture models. 👍

                        Thanks, I'm still studying 😄

                        Maybe you are stil studying but you are no student any more. 👍 😉
                        Great modelling.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • HornOxxH
                          HornOxx
                          last edited by

                          @callegari_hr said:

                          ...maybe you are stil studying but you are no student any more...
                          and I think, Vizan may change his profile from "beginner" to "advanced" 😄 👍 👍 great works

                          never trust a skinny cook

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • V
                            Vizan
                            last edited by

                            @pbacot said:

                            Beautiful work, Vivan. Does it take V-ray to show the subD edge overlay?

                            Of course not, the functionality of the SubD plugin allows you to do this without Vray, but with Vray effectively)) I am equal to the masters at http://www.3ddd.ru, and I want to represent SketchUp models at the same level.
                            https://3ddd.ru/3dmodels/show/vincent_contemporary_sofa
                            https://3ddd.ru/3dmodels/show/sofa_amsterdam_2_seater
                            https://3ddd.ru/3dmodels/show/thonet_520_chair_set

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • pbacotP
                              pbacot
                              last edited by

                              Beautiful work, Vizan. Does it take V-ray to show the subD edge overlay?

                              MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • pilouP
                                pilou
                                last edited by

                                Coolresults! 😎

                                Frenchy Pilou
                                Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                My Little site :)

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • alvisA
                                  alvis
                                  last edited by

                                  Beautiful furniture. It’s always nice to see talent modeling furniture 👍

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • thomthomT
                                    thomthom
                                    last edited by

                                    Great topology Vizan! And gorgeous VfSU scenes. Loving the velvet material!

                                    Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • HornOxxH
                                      HornOxx
                                      last edited by

                                      @hornoxx said:

                                      @thomthom said:

                                      That's a brilliant model!! 😄

                                      @cotty said:

                                      I like his song "Du findest keine Freunde mit Salat, du findest keine Freunde mit Salat, ..." 😉
                                      Nice model!

                                      Thank you Thomas and Cotty - glad you like the model

                                      Cotty, I only know the Simpson´s Salat song version so far 😆
                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yA4TJ8s5I4

                                      Just to complete this Bender thing, I've made some new facial expressions just by changing Bender´s eyes and his tooth lines, which is quite funny
                                      I have posted these on the 3D Warehouse If someone wants them
                                      https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=854df1f5-7dbc-41f4-9291-9a0439ff5dc4

                                      edit 3-20-2020 - Corona Virus time 😞


                                      Corona

                                      never trust a skinny cook

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • panixiaP
                                        panixia
                                        last edited by

                                        Being that Italy is on lockdown... 🤢
                                        This sunday I started this project just to have some fun.
                                        There's still a long way to go. (both for corona and for the F2004) 👊


                                        screen f2004 day one.JPG

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • V
                                          Vizan
                                          last edited by

                                          @panixia said:

                                          Being that Italy is on lockdown... 🤢
                                          This sunday I started this project just to have some fun.
                                          There's still a long way to go. (both for corona and for the F2004) 👊

                                          This is cool, I will look forward to continuing!))

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • panixiaP
                                            panixia
                                            last edited by

                                            @vizan said:

                                            This is cool, I will look forward to continuing!))

                                            Thank you. I suppose the lockdown will go on quite a lot.. so next weekend I'll continue this for sure! 🤢

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 80
                                            • 81
                                            • 82
                                            • 83
                                            • 84
                                            • 84 / 84
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement