sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SubD examples and models

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SUbD
    renderpluginsextensions
    1.7k Posts 81 Posters 2.1m Views 79 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • cottyC
      cotty
      last edited by

      subd4.jpg


      SCF_Cotty_subd04.skp

      my SketchUp gallery

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • thomthomT
        thomthom
        last edited by

        Oh! I like this thread! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

        This has been my test model for a long time - though I never got very far because I end up writing new extensions and tools... πŸ˜•

        Still just mocking the major features.

        2016-01-06_23h33_26.png

        2016-01-06_23h34_32.png

        2016-01-06_23h36_03.png

        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pilouP
          pilou
          last edited by

          A traveler time machine! πŸ’š

          cabine.jpg


          cabine_v6.zip

          Frenchy Pilou
          Is beautiful that please without concept!
          My Little site :)

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olisheaO
            olishea
            last edited by

            I like where this is going!!

            oli

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • C
              cuttingedge
              last edited by

              I think Cotty has a new baby... This thing excites me..

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • pilouP
                pilou
                last edited by

                With the complicity of the incredible TopMod! πŸ’š
                (make "save as obj" inside Topmod at the end of your creation)
                I can't imagine the possibilities!
                (import OBJ file inside SU MAKE by the fabulous Tig Plugin) πŸ‘

                dod.jpg


                dod_v6.zip

                Frenchy Pilou
                Is beautiful that please without concept!
                My Little site :)

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • panixiaP
                  panixia
                  last edited by

                  just a silly mushroom for now.. πŸ˜„
                  i've a bunch of nice test model from beta which way are too heavy for sharing here i don't know if thomthom is setting a gallery or something for that.. ❓

                  silly mushroom.JPG


                  silly mushroom.skp

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • BoxB
                    Box
                    last edited by

                    A little after dinner pre pub doodle.

                    Desktop Temple bell.


                    Bell proxy.JPG


                    T Bell.jpg


                    Temple bell14.skp

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • thomthomT
                      thomthom
                      last edited by

                      @panixia said:

                      just a silly mushroom for now.. πŸ˜„
                      i've a bunch of nice test model from beta which way are too heavy for sharing here i don't know if thomthom is setting a gallery or something for that.. ❓

                      I want to set up something - I just don't know exactly how that will be. Maybe a 3dwarehouse collection. Maybe SCF got some system for this..?
                      Will look at adding a section on the site when I figure out the technical. Until then it's this thread and the FB page.

                      Nice model btw - can you show us the wireframe?

                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • thomthomT
                        thomthom
                        last edited by

                        Nice model Box. Did you use plain SU or did you also use QFT?

                        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • panixiaP
                          panixia
                          last edited by

                          @thomthom said:

                          Nice model btw - can you show us the wireframe?

                          thank you. as for the wire.. did you noiced i attached the model itself? πŸ˜›
                          that's unfinished btw.. i was planning to finish it in zbrush some day.. it was intended for that pupose.. ence the quick uv-mapping.. i would like to unwrap/polypaint it and maybe send back a low-poly version in sketchup.. don't ask me when πŸ˜’

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • BoxB
                            Box
                            last edited by

                            All vanilla Thom. Just drew one quarter with push pull, scale etc. Removed a few faces. Quick flip and rotate and Robert is your mother's brother.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • thomthomT
                              thomthom
                              last edited by

                              @panixia said:

                              @thomthom said:

                              Nice model btw - can you show us the wireframe?

                              thank you. as for the wire.. did you noiced i attached the model itself? πŸ˜›

                              Nice! It's even textured! πŸ˜„


                              2016-01-08_13h42_00.png

                              Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Rich O BrienR
                                Rich O Brien Moderator
                                last edited by

                                Image 4.png

                                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • ntxdaveN
                                  ntxdave
                                  last edited by

                                  @thomthom said:

                                  Nice model Box. Did you use plain SU or did you also use QFT?

                                  I agree with you!! This is great.......

                                  What the heck is QFT? Also, what rendering engine did you use Box?

                                  I still consider myself a novice even though I have been using SU for over 2 years now. The types of model I have been doing are rather basic compared to some of this stuff. I am trying to learn.

                                  Now for a more serious question: If I want to use SubD, what other plugins should I use/learn to go with it? (i.e. Vertex Tools, Quad Tools, etc.)

                                  Press F1...thank me later

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • ntxdaveN
                                    ntxdave
                                    last edited by

                                    @rich o brien said:

                                    [attachment=0:mtk67365]<!-- ia0 -->Image 4.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:mtk67365]

                                    I would love to learn how to do something like this. What is the best way to learn and what other tools should I acquire (also in previous post).

                                    My grandson is learning to use SU in the 8th grade at his school and I would love to be able to help him learn how to do stuff like you, Box, Cotty and some others have been showing.

                                    Press F1...thank me later

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • thomthomT
                                      thomthom
                                      last edited by

                                      @ntxdave said:

                                      What the heck is QFT? Also, what rendering engine did you use Box?

                                      I still consider myself a novice even though I have been using SU for over 2 years now. The types of model I have been doing are rather basic compared to some of this stuff. I am trying to learn.

                                      Now for a more serious question: If I want to use SubD, what other plugins should I use/learn to go with it? (i.e. Vertex Tools, Quad Tools, etc.)

                                      QFT is QuadFace Tools - it would normally be an important tool in creating meshes that subdivide efficiently in SUbD.

                                      I'd recommend starting with this page: http://evilsoftwareempire.com/subd/quads
                                      Follow the links that describes topology and at end there is a link to other extensions that work well with quads.

                                      Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • ntxdaveN
                                        ntxdave
                                        last edited by

                                        Thanks for the link. Reading and trying to learn. 😐

                                        Press F1...thank me later

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • cottyC
                                          cotty
                                          last edited by

                                          SCF_Cotty_subd07_SUexport.png


                                          SCF_Cotty_subd07.skp

                                          my SketchUp gallery

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • cottyC
                                            cotty
                                            last edited by

                                            SCF_Cotty_subd08_SUexport.png


                                            SCF_Cotty_subd08.skp

                                            my SketchUp gallery

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 78
                                            • 79
                                            • 80
                                            • 81
                                            • 82
                                            • 83
                                            • 84
                                            • 80 / 84
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement