sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    1885 Daimler Reitwagen

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    31 Posts 20 Posters 8.2k Views 20 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • KrisidiousK
      Krisidious
      last edited by

      So that saddle seat is pure texture? did you model it in high poly first to build that texture? Your model belongs in a museum...

      By: Kristoff Rand
      Home DesignerUnique House Plans

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • ely862meE
        ely862me
        last edited by

        😲
        I was sure you will come out with something stunning as you always do !
        You exceeded yourself with this one. One of your finest ! You are phenomenal with the textures ! Well done !

        Elisei (sketchupper)


        Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
        Come and See EliseiDesign

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • hellnbakH
          hellnbak
          last edited by

          @krisidious said:

          So that saddle seat is pure texture? did you model it in high poly first to build that texture? Your model belongs in a museum...

          Nothing special on my part for the seat - just used this photo, massaged it a bit


          a1.png

          "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • massimoM
            massimo Moderator
            last edited by

            Great modeling & texturing as usual. πŸ‘

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Rich O BrienR
              Rich O Brien Moderator
              last edited by

              That is so amazing it is not even funny...

              I tip my hat and bow to greatness.

              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • tademaT
                tadema
                last edited by

                Steve, a picture paints a thousand words......

                Steve.jpg

                Just as well, i'm speechless

                John

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Mike AmosM
                  Mike Amos
                  last edited by

                  Steve, you are bleedin' good mate, fantastic renders too. I am truly in awe of the product you have shown here, thanks.

                  Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • BoxB
                    Box
                    last edited by

                    @mike amos said:

                    fantastic renders too.

                    That's the truly mindblowing part, they aren't renders, pure Sketchup.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • hellnbakH
                      hellnbak
                      last edited by

                      Your kind words are much appreciated.

                      But it ain't perfect.

                      "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Rich O BrienR
                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                        last edited by

                        @steve

                        in terms of direct sketchup output and presentation you have no peers

                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • DanielD
                          Daniel
                          last edited by

                          This definitely belongs in the "Most Impressive SketchUp Modeling" topic.

                          My avatar is an anachronism.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • leedeeteeL
                            leedeetee
                            last edited by

                            So good. I doff my cap, throw a virtual high five and offer a cyber fist pump. Bravo, sir.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • O
                              Openspaces
                              last edited by

                              ............. Such Talent!!!! Bravo.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Bryan KB
                                Bryan K
                                last edited by

                                πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                Everything about it is amazing! Where did you find the engineering pictures and specs? The mechanical detail alone is stunning!

                                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  I could ask a hundred questions about this one, but the first one that comes to mind is how did you make the chamfers on the frame? I see the hidden geometry and I'm still stumped.

                                  πŸ‘

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • jeff hammondJ
                                    jeff hammond
                                    last edited by

                                    excellent!

                                    dotdotdot

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Mike AmosM
                                      Mike Amos
                                      last edited by

                                      My question is how do you get reflective finish in sketchup? There even appears to be a metal finish on metal parts. What kind alchemy is this Sir?

                                      Please, please, I have to know. Gibber.........

                                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • cottyC
                                        cotty
                                        last edited by

                                        WOW! (sorry for the short comment regarding to your post length πŸ˜‰ )

                                        my SketchUp gallery

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • hellnbakH
                                          hellnbak
                                          last edited by

                                          Sorry, been doing some serious shoveling of the white stuff. I really gotta move to a warmer state.

                                          @bryan k said:

                                          :thumb: πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                          Everything about it is amazing! Where did you find the engineering pictures and specs? The mechanical detail alone is stunning!

                                          Like the majority of my models, there are no engineering pictures, no or very few specs. I just do everything by eyeball.

                                          @bryan k said:

                                          I could ask a hundred questions about this one, but the first one that comes to mind is how did you make the chamfers on the frame? I see the hidden geometry and I'm still stumped.

                                          πŸ‘

                                          Actually it was very simple. Just drew the lines
                                          2014-11-18_125340.png

                                          erased the unwanted stuff
                                          2014-11-18_125429.png

                                          and played connect the dots
                                          2014-11-18_125615.png
                                          of course I had to do this after the textures were applied so I would know where the lines went. This is just a quick and dirty example.

                                          @mike amos said:

                                          My question is how do you get reflective finish in sketchup? There even appears to be a metal finish on metal parts. What kind alchemy is this Sir?

                                          Please, please, I have to know. Gibber.........

                                          Well, for the finish on the wood frame I cobbled together pieces of various photos of the Reitwagen replicas. That was a real pain to get (sort of) right.
                                          For the other finishes I used various textures from my ever-increasing texture library, and just projected them onto the model. I don't know how to use any of the texture plugins that have come out, I just do it the old fashioned way - projecting them.

                                          And for all of you who have complimented my work, my heartfelt thanks. It's always nice to know that your efforts are appreciated.

                                          Now I've gotta finish getting this computer ready for a fresh install of Win7 on a new hard drive. I've been nursing this thing along much longer than I should have, it's getting too difficult to work with.

                                          Cheers

                                          Steve

                                          "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • andybotA
                                            andybot
                                            last edited by

                                            That is incredible! You really have an eye for these things. It's really a fine craft you are able to do with Sketchup, I am in awe.

                                            http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement