sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Conservatory

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    32 Posts 18 Posters 4.6k Views 18 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • FrederikF
      Frederik
      last edited by

      Awesome... Absolutely AWESOME...!! ๐Ÿ‘

      Cheers
      Kim Frederik

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Mike AmosM
        Mike Amos
        last edited by

        Another wow, anything else would be superfluous.

        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • massimoM
          massimo Moderator
          last edited by

          Thanks guys. ๐Ÿ˜„

          @Rich: there are a couple of sockets & switches around (actually I can see one of them), but maybe they are not in view or perhaps the displacement has "eaten" them.

          @Andy: I understand what you mean. The original stone work is a bit different, but has sharp edges. Since I was not able to find exactly the same texture, I made this one which, maybe, requires more smooth edges. Anyway I didn't want a too "rustic" look with too "shapeless" edges so I used displacement on beveled & smoothed surfaces with "normal smoothing" disabled.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • hellnbakH
            hellnbak
            last edited by

            Incredible work, incredible talent!

            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • massimoM
              massimo Moderator
              last edited by

              You are very kind. Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜„

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Rich O BrienR
                Rich O Brien Moderator
                last edited by

                @Massimo

                even with the absence of electric the quality of the image is still shockingly good!

                You have a very beautiful home ๐Ÿ˜‰

                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp ๐Ÿ“–

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • hellnbakH
                    hellnbak
                    last edited by

                    Wouldn't work for me -- I throw stones ๐Ÿ˜ž

                    "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • massimoM
                      massimo Moderator
                      last edited by

                      @unknownuser said:

                      You have a very beautiful home ๐Ÿ˜‰

                      Eh, I would really like a home like that.
                      The big problem would be that I would not know where to put the tons of books and records I have.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • DanielD
                        Daniel
                        last edited by

                        You're messing with us, right? Those are really photos of an actual building, aren't they?

                        My avatar is an anachronism.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • massimoM
                          massimo Moderator
                          last edited by

                          Thank you Daniel. ๐Ÿ˜„

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • BoxB
                            Box
                            last edited by

                            @rich o brien said:

                            Wow....

                            [sockets?]

                            Proof.JPG
                            Simply stunning by the way.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • massimoM
                              massimo Moderator
                              last edited by

                              Well done, you found it! ๐Ÿ˜„

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • ken28875K
                                ken28875
                                last edited by

                                Wow, I thought these were pictures. Amazing, some of the best photo-realistic renders I have seen in this forum. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                                Best glass rendering, too. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                                How did you do the rain drops on the glass roof, Massimo, if you don't mind my asking?

                                Cheers!

                                _KN

                                Follow Your Dreams.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • massimoM
                                  massimo Moderator
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks for the kind words Ken.
                                  The glass panels have 8 mm of thickness, are beveled and have a thin glass material applied on them with a very light bump (an enlarged perlin noise procedural) and a slight green-blue tint in the reflection's slot.
                                  For the rain drops I textured in SU only the outer faces of the panels of the roofs with a black & white map of the drops and then I've just applied it as a bump map in Thea in the glass material.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • ken28875K
                                    ken28875
                                    last edited by

                                    @massimo said:

                                    Thanks for the kind words Ken.
                                    The glass panels have 8 mm of thickness, are beveled and have a thin glass material applied on them with a very light bump (an enlarged perlin noise procedural) and a slight green-blue tint in the reflection's slot.
                                    For the rain drops I textured in SU only the outer faces of the panels of the roofs with a black & white map of the drops and then I've just applied it as a bump map in Thea in the glass material.

                                    Great, thanks for the explanation, Massimo.

                                    Best,

                                    _KN

                                    Follow Your Dreams.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • RichardR
                                      Richard
                                      last edited by

                                      Massimo! Wow mate, that is probably one of the if not THE most difficult looking scenes to render I've ever seen! AND you NAILED IT!!!!!!

                                      INCREDIBLE WORK!!!!!!

                                      BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • cheddaC
                                        chedda
                                        last edited by

                                        Looks excellent !

                                        Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • massimoM
                                          massimo Moderator
                                          last edited by

                                          Thanks everybody. ๐Ÿ˜„

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • leedeeteeL
                                            leedeetee
                                            last edited by

                                            Out of this world. Unbelievable. Bravo.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 1 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement