sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUp 2013 ;)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    433 Posts 101 Posters 182.1k Views 101 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • arail1A
      arail1
      last edited by

      @chrisc said:

      Maybe this faq is clearer:
      http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000020

      If I skip upgrading to 2013 and upgrade to 2014 instead, will I have to purchase a brand new, full price license?

      No, worst case scenario would be upgrade cost of $95, plus nominal support reinstatement fee (TBD, but will be some percent less than $95). We will update this FAQ as soon as we know more about specific costs.

      Yes, you should clarify your FAQ about this. Kridious's comments notwithstanding, the previous posts are confusing two issues - continual use of a license once purchased vs upgrade cycle. I can use my existing AutoCAD license forever but I have to upgrade periodically to meet client expectations. I expect a reasonable amount of time before I'm expected to pay for a full license if I have not previously upgraded - which I take to be about 3 to 5 years in the current software environment. The FAQ you linked to clarifies that I can use my existing license continually without interruption but does not address the issue of upgrade cycle.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Rich O BrienR
        Rich O Brien Moderator
        last edited by

        @d12dozr said:

        It feels like hanging with toddlers on a plane in here. Grow up already.

        'Toddler's on a Plane' I don't see that on IMDB....was it good?

        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          d12dozr
          last edited by

          @rich o brien said:

          @d12dozr said:

          It feels like hanging with toddlers on a plane in here. Grow up already.

          'Toddler's on a Plane' I don't see that on IMDB....was it good?

          Didn't make it past the first 5 mins πŸ˜’

          3D Printing with SketchUp Book
          http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Rich O BrienR
            Rich O Brien Moderator
            last edited by

            That bad?

            Maybe the postman will cheer you up within the next 6 months

            Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              d12dozr
              last edited by

              feeling better already πŸ˜„

              3D Printing with SketchUp Book
              http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • J
                jpalm32
                last edited by

                @d12dozr said:

                @jpalm32 said:

                And I'm sick of people being sick of people that have real gripes.
                This is not a cult!
                People have a opinons. Don't like it? Move on yourself!
                I mentioned SU printing is like being back on an IBM PC in the 80's and got jumped on also.
                This "update sucks"
                IMO!

                So why don't you voice your 'real gripes' in a constructive manner? How is your or anybody else's whining helping the situation?

                It feels like hanging with toddlers on a plane in here. Grow up already.

                I have tried it! Are you reading the comments towards those critical of this "Update"?
                So much of gettiing personal, jerk!
                Hypocrite.
                Did I mention any name or call someone names??
                You are what I'm taliking about.
                Read your post and defend it please.
                You called me what?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • BoxB
                  Box
                  last edited by

                  Can someone tell me how I got from the SketchUcation forums to the official Trimble complaints forum!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • N
                    numerobis
                    last edited by

                    @chrisc said:

                    http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000023

                    What happens if I decide to skip a year in this program?

                    ...you can expect a modest reinstatement fee should you choose to renew your upgrade...

                    oh, why so cryptic?!? Is this a thing that depends on the frame of mind of the sales person? And what is "modest"? $5, $50, $95, $200?? And why is there this "reinstatement fee" at all? Because the support has to search in another list or only to bug customers?
                    And what happens if i skip two or three updates? A less "modest reinstatement fee"? I can't find anything about it...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • soloS
                      solo
                      last edited by

                      This one looks to be heading to the corner bar soon. πŸ˜’

                      http://www.solos-art.com

                      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • thomthomT
                        thomthom
                        last edited by

                        [mod=Stop the name-calling!:215v4p5w]Enough already! Behave your self and present your critique constructively! Any more personal attacks and name-calling and I'll start waving my moderator wand!

                        Ye have all been warned! Keep it constructive and polite![/mod:215v4p5w]

                        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Dan RathbunD
                          Dan Rathbun
                          last edited by

                          Posted a topic ONLY for 2013 bitches:
                          http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52529&p=476103#p476102

                          I'm not here much anymore.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • soloS
                            solo
                            last edited by

                            @thomthom said:

                            [mod=Stop the name-calling!:2py9mdax]Enough already! Behave your self and present your critique constructively! Any more personal attacks and name-calling and I'll start waving my moderator wand!

                            Ye have all been warned! Keep it constructive and polite![/mod:2py9mdax]

                            This is why we need a "LIKE" button.

                            http://www.solos-art.com

                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • KrisidiousK
                              Krisidious
                              last edited by

                              Oh Hell Thom brought out the Pink Quote.

                              By: Kristoff Rand
                              Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Alan FraserA
                                Alan Fraser
                                last edited by

                                Moderator wand? I've never heard it called that before. πŸ˜‰

                                3D Figures
                                Were you required to walk 500 miles? Were you advised to walk 500 more?
                                You could be entitled to compensation. Call the Pro Claimers now!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • charly2008C
                                  charly2008
                                  last edited by

                                  I've done the speed test in both versions. I do not know if this is due to improvements!


                                  2013-05-24_153920.jpg

                                  He who makes no mistakes, makes nothing

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • D
                                    d12dozr
                                    last edited by

                                    @jpalm sorry if you thought I called you anything. I was just expressing my opinion of the general atmosphere of the thread.
                                    Have one on me

                                    http://www.all-hd-wallpapers.com/wallpapers/abstract/361917.jpg

                                    3D Printing with SketchUp Book
                                    http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Mike AmosM
                                      Mike Amos
                                      last edited by

                                      @alan fraser said:

                                      Moderator wand? I've never heard it called that before. πŸ˜‰

                                      I suppose it depends on where the user sticks it.

                                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olisheaO
                                        olishea
                                        last edited by

                                        please tell me that's not a render πŸ˜†

                                        oli

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • P
                                          pjalbert
                                          last edited by

                                          @d12dozr said:

                                          @jpalm sorry if you thought I called you anything. I was just expressing my opinion of the general atmosphere of the thread.
                                          Have one on me

                                          http://www.all-hd-wallpapers.com/wallpapers/abstract/361917.jpg

                                          Did you render that in Layout?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • J
                                            jpalm32
                                            last edited by

                                            @d12dozr said:

                                            @jpalm sorry if you thought I called you anything. I was just expressing my opinion of the general atmosphere of the thread.
                                            Have one on me

                                            http://www.all-hd-wallpapers.com/wallpapers/abstract/361917.jpg

                                            No problem. Forget it.
                                            Sorry I got worked up.
                                            Jersey Italian and all that.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 17
                                            • 21
                                            • 22
                                            • 15 / 22
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement