sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Museum in Possagno

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    19 Posts 11 Posters 1.6k Views 11 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • BoxB
      Box
      last edited by

      Stunning.

      Makes me think it's time I uninstalled my rendering plugin.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        Very nice, but where are the renders? πŸ˜†

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • edenuxE
          edenux
          last edited by

          Very nice skulptures. I like all images except first one, bad composition ant too much dark area I think. But its only my opiniom. And one more thing. That black splashes on the walls make all interiors not clean, walls are dirty. Maybe this is because of bad image sampling? try to increase value and then it will be perfect πŸ˜„

          Want to see more? Visit my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Edvisualisation

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • massimoM
            massimo Moderator
            last edited by

            Thanks guys. πŸ˜„

            @unknownuser said:

            I like all images except first one, bad composition ant too much dark area I think.

            Really? It's one of my favourite... πŸ˜„

            @unknownuser said:

            That black splashes on the walls make all interiors not clean, walls are dirty.

            So? What's wrong with not perfectly clean walls? Here's a pic of the real thing anyway. Not so clean as you can see. πŸ˜‰
            4982994864_bf97b4c29f_o.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olisheaO
              olishea
              last edited by

              stunning massimo. I believe the gallery is richer with the textured walls, I don't think they look dirty. They are all fantastic compositions in their own right, I can not possibly find anything to criticise! πŸ‘

              oli

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • massimoM
                massimo Moderator
                last edited by

                Thanks for the kind words Oli. πŸ˜„ The texture of the walls was made based on real photos.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • urgenU
                  urgen
                  last edited by

                  great render! πŸ‘

                  --pupil forever...------

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olisheaO
                    olishea
                    last edited by

                    loving the proportions of the 5th image by the way, just perfect poetry! πŸ‘

                    oli

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • tademaT
                      tadema
                      last edited by

                      Hello massimo, great set of images πŸ‘
                      John

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • jo-keJ
                        jo-ke
                        last edited by

                        wow

                        http://www.zz7.de

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • massimoM
                          massimo Moderator
                          last edited by

                          Thanks a lot guys. πŸ˜„

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • edenuxE
                            edenux
                            last edited by

                            @massimo said:

                            Thanks guys. πŸ˜„

                            @unknownuser said:

                            I like all images except first one, bad composition ant too much dark area I think.

                            Really? It's one of my favourite... πŸ˜„

                            @unknownuser said:

                            That black splashes on the walls make all interiors not clean, walls are dirty.

                            So? What's wrong with not perfectly clean walls? Here's a pic of the real thing anyway. Not so clean as you can see. πŸ˜‰
                            [attachment=0:1ger5z0p]<!-- ia0 -->4982994864_bf97b4c29f_o.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1ger5z0p]

                            I agree that in a pic of real thing is not so clean. But it is because of texture and dirt. In your renders it is not a dirt map, or texture, but its a bad GI. And it did not convince me, because you never get bad GI in real life. If I were you, I would try to avoid that in future works.
                            I gave you some critics which might help you improve rendering quality, while others just tell that is perfect and increadible. But it is never perfect.

                            Want to see more? Visit my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Edvisualisation

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • N
                              notareal
                              last edited by

                              @edenux said:

                              I agree that in a pic of real thing is not so clean. But it is because of texture and dirt. In your renders it is not a dirt map, or texture, but its a bad GI. And it did not convince me, because you never get bad GI in real life. If I were you, I would try to avoid that in future works.
                              I gave you some critics which might help you improve rendering quality, while others just tell that is perfect and increadible. But it is never perfect.

                              Sorry I have to disagree with GI part, for what I see it's just how wall material is set. I know that massimo mostly uses Thea's unbiased engine (and for me this does not look like biased render result), with that blotches or similar effects that biased rendering generates sometimes (photon-mapping and so) are not possible.

                              Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • massimoM
                                massimo Moderator
                                last edited by

                                edenux, of course I'm open to all constructive criticism, different tastes etc. and I'm always glad when I can learn something. However Pentti (notareal) is right: this is Thea's TR1, an unbiased engine.
                                The wall material uses a reflectance map and has a coating stacked layer with a roughness map besides two normal maps: one for the base and one for the coating. Also the diffuse map was obtained from a series of photos of the real thing. I must admit that the renders show exactly the effect that I tried to get.

                                @unknownuser said:

                                But it is never perfect.

                                Now I have to agree with you...

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • ken28875K
                                  ken28875
                                  last edited by

                                  Beautiful renders! Keep them coming. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                  _KN

                                  Follow Your Dreams.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • massimoM
                                    massimo Moderator
                                    last edited by

                                    Thank you Ken. πŸ˜„

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • cheddaC
                                      chedda
                                      last edited by

                                      Looks great, do you have a link to the model file ?

                                      Kraken Wrangler https://www.flickr.com/photos/132441293@N03/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • massimoM
                                        massimo Moderator
                                        last edited by

                                        @chedda said:

                                        ...do you have a link to the model file ?

                                        http://www.peterguthrie.net/blog/category/tutorial/page/3/
                                        At the bottom of the page.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                        Register Login
                                        • 1 / 1
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        Buy SketchPlus
                                        Buy SUbD
                                        Buy WrapR
                                        Buy eBook
                                        Buy Modelur
                                        Buy Vertex Tools
                                        Buy SketchCuisine
                                        Buy FormFonts

                                        Advertisement