sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] FredoTools::ThruPaint - v1.3a - 20 Oct 16

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    331 Posts 102 Posters 610.7k Views 102 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • fredo6F
      fredo6
      last edited by

      @wolfy said:

      I am getting a bugsplat every time when I try to apply a material to a newly created group.
      If I create a group and paint it with the native SU bucket, sample that with Thrupaint and apply it to a different group I don't get a bugsplat. Weird.
      Any ideas?

      Wolfy,

      Could you be more explicit.
      Are you on Mac or Windows?
      What do you mean by "newly created group"?

      Thanks

      Fredo

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • FrederikF
        Frederik
        last edited by

        This is AWESOME...! ๐Ÿ‘
        Than you so much for all the excellent plugins you make, Fredo... ๐Ÿ˜„
        I wonder why you make them all for free...
        The Google SU team should pay you something for this - and some of your other - amazing plugins...

        Cheers
        Kim Frederik

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • srxS
          srx
          last edited by

          ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ This will make me texture organic shapes for the first time ๐Ÿ˜„ Thank you!

          www.saurus.rs

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • thomthomT
            thomthom
            last edited by

            @unknownuser said:

            @wolfy said:

            I am getting a bugsplat every time when I try to apply a material to a newly created group.
            If I create a group and paint it with the native SU bucket, sample that with Thrupaint and apply it to a different group I don't get a bugsplat. Weird.
            Any ideas?

            Wolfy,

            Could you be more explicit.
            Are you on Mac or Windows?
            What do you mean by "newly created group"?

            Thanks

            Fredo

            That sounds like the material applied is from the Material Library and not In Model. The bugsplat I mentioned in my Materials article. Did you trap for that?

            Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • thomthomT
              thomthom
              last edited by

              PassHatAround400.png

              If you appreciate Fredo's high quality extensive tool sets I highly recommend you make a donation to support his efforts!

              Window > LibFredo6 Settings... > Donations... > Fredo6 at PayPal

              Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Rich O BrienR
                Rich O Brien Moderator
                last edited by

                +1

                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp ๐Ÿ“–

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • PixeroP
                  Pixero
                  last edited by

                  I was fortunate to test this plugin and it's already proved irreplaceable for me.
                  Big thanks Fredo!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • P
                    Panga
                    last edited by

                    Thanks a million Fredo !! For sure I'll donate...and hope that others will do the same !! Every work needs to be awarded !! ๐Ÿ‘

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • free agentF
                      free agent
                      last edited by

                      your interface and icons are ugly, but these tools are EFFING amazing!!!!!! Really cant believe these things are possible in Sketchup (wheres the clapping hands icon) - and very gracious of you to make them free, i will definitly donate!

                      please fix graphic interface and icons ๐Ÿ˜„

                      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/FreeAgent84/bug.gif

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • thomthomT
                        thomthom
                        last edited by

                        @unknownuser said:

                        (wheres the clapping hands icon)

                        http://forum.qip.ru/images/smilies/clapping.gif

                        @unknownuser said:

                        i will definitly donate!

                        ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

                        Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • guanjinG
                          guanjin
                          last edited by

                          @unknownuser said:

                          your interface and icons are ugly, but these tools are EFFING amazing!!!!!! Really cant believe these things are possible in Sketchup (wheres the clapping hands icon) - and very gracious of you to make them free, i will definitly donate!

                          please fix graphic interface and icons ๐Ÿ˜„

                          support๏ผŒ all of the powerful plug-in, Fredo6 the selfless spirit! Admire

                          I come from China, is to learn

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • L
                            leminilab
                            last edited by

                            I can't see how I could not join the chorus: this is amazing! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
                            Offering this to the community redefines generosity! Donation on the way!

                            THANK YOU!!!!!

                            • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                            • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • EarthMoverE
                              EarthMover
                              last edited by

                              Next drink is on me my friend. Loving this plugin! Donated a little more than I paid for the new commercial UV tool as I think there are more features with ThruPaint. Although I think both tools together have great synergy.


                              Clipboard01.jpg

                              3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
                              Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
                              Content Creator at Skapeup

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • N
                                numerobis
                                last edited by

                                WOW! incredible! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
                                Thank You very much for your great work!!! ...once again.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • fredo6F
                                  fredo6
                                  last edited by

                                  @bagatelo said:

                                  What then would be the advantages or disadvantages from this Plugin for Plugin SketchUV done by whaat? May I have to try both to say something...

                                  SketchUV is much more powerful for real UV Mapping. You can export, map UVs and import back to have a professional work. ThruPaint is just a paint tool that handle texture continuity in predefined situations within Sketchup. So both are complementary.

                                  Whenever I can, I will check whethere they could be any incompatibility or conflict when applying texture in one and editing in the other.

                                  Fredo

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • lele_poggiL
                                    lele_poggi
                                    last edited by

                                    Simply the best!!!

                                    gsa | Gabriele Sacchi architetto
                                    http://www.gs-a.it

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • N
                                      notareal
                                      last edited by

                                      Another great tool! Thank you.

                                      Welcome to try Thea Render, Thea support | kerkythea.net -team member

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • N
                                        nomeradona
                                        last edited by

                                        another mind blowing plugin.. thank you Fredo...

                                        visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • W
                                          wolfy
                                          last edited by

                                          Fredo,
                                          @thomthom said:

                                          @unknownuser said:

                                          @wolfy said:

                                          I am getting a bugsplat every time when I try to apply a material to a newly created group.
                                          If I create a group and paint it with the native SU bucket, sample that with Thrupaint and apply it to a different group I don't get a bugsplat. Weird.
                                          Any ideas?

                                          Wolfy,

                                          Could you be more explicit.
                                          Are you on Mac or Windows?
                                          What do you mean by "newly created group"?

                                          Thanks

                                          Fredo

                                          That sounds like the material applied is from the Material Library and not In Model. The bugsplat I mentioned in my Materials article. Did you trap for that?

                                          Fredo and ThomThom,
                                          Thanks for the replies. I mean "newly created group" as in the first group I make when opening Sketchup, and yes I am picking the material from the materials library. Is that not the correct procedure? Does the material have to be in the model for use with Thrupaint?
                                          Can't wait to learn the ins and outs of the fantastic plugin Fredo! Your skills are amazing โ˜€

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • fredo6F
                                            fredo6
                                            last edited by

                                            @wolfy

                                            A few questions to help me spot the problem

                                            1. Is the material a color or a material with texture ?

                                            2. Does the crash happen when you paint or when you simply mouse over the model

                                            3. Do you use the options "Paint Faces and Edges"?

                                            4. Does it happen always, or randomly?

                                            5. Are you on Mac or Windows and which SU version ?

                                            6. Could you post the model (and the newly created group) in the forum so that I can see if I can reproduce it.

                                            Thanks

                                            Fredo

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 16
                                            • 17
                                            • 2 / 17
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement