sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] FredoTools::ThruPaint - v1.3a - 20 Oct 16

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    331 Posts 102 Posters 610.7k Views 102 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • EarthMoverE
      EarthMover
      last edited by

      Came here specifically wondering about this plugin and here it is! Fredo we all owe you a huge debt of gratitude. Thanks for all of the great plugins and for continuing to keep them free and available to all. Between Thom's Quad Tools, Whaat's SketchUVs and now ThruPaint, I might have to actually bring models made elsewhere into Sketchup for texturing! Who woulda thunk it?!

      3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
      Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
      Content Creator at Skapeup

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • W
        wolfy
        last edited by

        Outstanding looking plugin Fredo 😍 Cannot wait to try it.
        Your efforts make this world a better place, one plugin at a time!
        Thank you very much!!!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • bagateloB
          bagatelo
          last edited by

          What then would be the advantages or disadvantages from this Plugin for Plugin SketchUV done by whaat? May I have to try both to say something...

          While the cat's away, the mice will play

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • mitcorbM
            mitcorb
            last edited by

            Of course, I saw ReverseOrientFaces before I saw ThruPaint, and I am just floored! Salute to you Fredo, for this work.

            I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • W
              wolfy
              last edited by

              I am getting a bugsplat every time when I try to apply a material to a newly created group.
              If I create a group and paint it with the native SU bucket, sample that with Thrupaint and apply it to a different group I don't get a bugsplat. Weird.
              Any ideas?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • soloS
                solo
                last edited by

                http://www.notnever.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Awesome.gif

                http://www.solos-art.com

                If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • J
                  jorge2011
                  last edited by

                  fredo thank you very much. excellent tool.
                  more than 7000 lines of code. The work is very hard.

                  Thank you very much again

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • fredo6F
                    fredo6
                    last edited by

                    @wolfy said:

                    I am getting a bugsplat every time when I try to apply a material to a newly created group.
                    If I create a group and paint it with the native SU bucket, sample that with Thrupaint and apply it to a different group I don't get a bugsplat. Weird.
                    Any ideas?

                    Wolfy,

                    Could you be more explicit.
                    Are you on Mac or Windows?
                    What do you mean by "newly created group"?

                    Thanks

                    Fredo

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • FrederikF
                      Frederik
                      last edited by

                      This is AWESOME...! 👍
                      Than you so much for all the excellent plugins you make, Fredo... 😄
                      I wonder why you make them all for free...
                      The Google SU team should pay you something for this - and some of your other - amazing plugins...

                      Cheers
                      Kim Frederik

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • srxS
                        srx
                        last edited by

                        👍 👍 👍 This will make me texture organic shapes for the first time 😄 Thank you!

                        www.saurus.rs

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • thomthomT
                          thomthom
                          last edited by

                          @unknownuser said:

                          @wolfy said:

                          I am getting a bugsplat every time when I try to apply a material to a newly created group.
                          If I create a group and paint it with the native SU bucket, sample that with Thrupaint and apply it to a different group I don't get a bugsplat. Weird.
                          Any ideas?

                          Wolfy,

                          Could you be more explicit.
                          Are you on Mac or Windows?
                          What do you mean by "newly created group"?

                          Thanks

                          Fredo

                          That sounds like the material applied is from the Material Library and not In Model. The bugsplat I mentioned in my Materials article. Did you trap for that?

                          Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • thomthomT
                            thomthom
                            last edited by

                            PassHatAround400.png

                            If you appreciate Fredo's high quality extensive tool sets I highly recommend you make a donation to support his efforts!

                            Window > LibFredo6 Settings... > Donations... > Fredo6 at PayPal

                            Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Rich O BrienR
                              Rich O Brien Moderator
                              last edited by

                              +1

                              Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • PixeroP
                                Pixero
                                last edited by

                                I was fortunate to test this plugin and it's already proved irreplaceable for me.
                                Big thanks Fredo!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • P
                                  Panga
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks a million Fredo !! For sure I'll donate...and hope that others will do the same !! Every work needs to be awarded !! 👍

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • free agentF
                                    free agent
                                    last edited by

                                    your interface and icons are ugly, but these tools are EFFING amazing!!!!!! Really cant believe these things are possible in Sketchup (wheres the clapping hands icon) - and very gracious of you to make them free, i will definitly donate!

                                    please fix graphic interface and icons 😄

                                    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/FreeAgent84/bug.gif

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • thomthomT
                                      thomthom
                                      last edited by

                                      @unknownuser said:

                                      (wheres the clapping hands icon)

                                      http://forum.qip.ru/images/smilies/clapping.gif

                                      @unknownuser said:

                                      i will definitly donate!

                                      👍 👍

                                      Thomas Thomassen — SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • guanjinG
                                        guanjin
                                        last edited by

                                        @unknownuser said:

                                        your interface and icons are ugly, but these tools are EFFING amazing!!!!!! Really cant believe these things are possible in Sketchup (wheres the clapping hands icon) - and very gracious of you to make them free, i will definitly donate!

                                        please fix graphic interface and icons 😄

                                        support, all of the powerful plug-in, Fredo6 the selfless spirit! Admire

                                        I come from China, is to learn

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • L
                                          leminilab
                                          last edited by

                                          I can't see how I could not join the chorus: this is amazing! 😮
                                          Offering this to the community redefines generosity! Donation on the way!

                                          THANK YOU!!!!!

                                          • "Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right."
                                          • "ThomThom rules!!!"
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • EarthMoverE
                                            EarthMover
                                            last edited by

                                            Next drink is on me my friend. Loving this plugin! Donated a little more than I paid for the new commercial UV tool as I think there are more features with ThruPaint. Although I think both tools together have great synergy.


                                            Clipboard01.jpg

                                            3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
                                            Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
                                            Content Creator at Skapeup

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 17
                                            • 17 / 17
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement