sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Catamaran

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    156 Posts 12 Posters 35.7k Views 12 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by

      And dang it, it's still off by just a hair.

      But I see how to fix it.

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • Bryan KB
        Bryan K
        last edited by

        Fixed. The curve and slope are now correct


        catamaran 26.jpg

        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • marked001M
          marked001
          last edited by

          Nice..this is coming along!

          http://www.revision21vis.com

          instagram: revi21on

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by

            Thanks marked001.

            I've been a little under the weather, so I've just been doing easy renders. Can't focus on the hard stuff right now.

            The weather swings in my region are making me... groggy? We are seeing 40F swings in very short periods.

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • ntxdaveN
              ntxdave
              last edited by

              @bryan k said:

              The weather swings in my region are making me... groggy? We are seeing 40F swings in very short periods.

              Yep, one day you need a parka and the next you need a t-shirt πŸ˜„

              Press F1...thank me later

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • tuna1957T
                tuna1957
                last edited by

                Excellent progress πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                Side note…. I get the feel bads from the weather swings also. It’s been jumping around pretty bad lately here in north Texas

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Bryan KB
                  Bryan K
                  last edited by

                  Thanks tuna. πŸ‘

                  Yeah, it's too much for me.

                  Anyway, roughing in the lower central deck hull. Next step will be to rough-in the aft deck.


                  catamaran 27.jpg


                  catamaran 28.jpg


                  catamaran 29.jpg


                  catamaran 30.jpg

                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Roughing in the aft deck. I will be taking some liberties with the aft deck as I do not have very good references of it.


                    catamaran 31.jpg


                    catamaran 32.jpg

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Mike AmosM
                      Mike Amos
                      last edited by

                      Looking great Bryan, nice progress. πŸ‘

                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        Thanks Mike!

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          I had to rebuild all of the middle cabin deck. The end points did line up with the hull contact points on the first build. Why, I have no idea. But it is all tight and correct now.

                          I also had the lower deck profile wrong. Now fixed as well.

                          I have a better handle on the aft deck as well.

                          The windows on the front were not easy, even with tools on surface. It took me several hours figuring out how to get the curve to line up with the side windows.

                          This is proving as challenging as the Nadesico. Still going faster, though. Much fiddling and cursing, but going faster. πŸ˜†


                          catamaran 33.jpg


                          catamaran 34.jpg


                          catamaran 35.jpg


                          catamaran 36.jpg

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Bryan KB
                            Bryan K
                            last edited by

                            Experimenting with the aft deck cover. It's close but not right.


                            catamaran 38.jpg


                            catamaran 37.jpg

                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Bryan KB
                              Bryan K
                              last edited by Bryan K

                              Close enough. Lots of Curviloft and Tools On Surface and Joint Push Pull. ...and fiddling and cursing

                              JPP mangled some of the inside geometry, but I'm going with it as you can't really see it on the underside of the roof except as slightly thick lines and not at all if I turns lines off. I'll do better on the next one.


                              catamaran 39.jpg


                              catamaran 40.jpg


                              catamaran 41.jpg


                              catamaran 42.jpg

                              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • L
                                L i am
                                last edited by

                                I was watching a travel documentry the other day and I saw a craft that looked very familiar to me. It was the craft you are building. A beutifull craft indeed πŸ‘

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Bryan KB
                                  Bryan K
                                  last edited by

                                  Thanks L I am.

                                  I'm still not quite satisfied with with the aft deck cover and thinking about the geometry tells me it really is not right yet.

                                  See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Bryan KB
                                    Bryan K
                                    last edited by

                                    Here we go. Far better and the geometry agrees as well.


                                    catamaran 43.jpg


                                    catamaran 44.jpg

                                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Bryan KB
                                      Bryan K
                                      last edited by

                                      Checking the form with lines temporarily off and shadows on and background set to context.


                                      catamaran 46.jpg


                                      catamaran 45.jpg

                                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • ntxdaveN
                                        ntxdave
                                        last edited by

                                        Coming along….looking forward to where you take it. πŸ‘

                                        Press F1...thank me later

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • Mike AmosM
                                          Mike Amos
                                          last edited by

                                          Agreed. Do you still have the face for the profiles in the hulls? I found deleting them can clean up the hull forms considerably. I like, a lot. πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                                          Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Bryan KB
                                            Bryan K
                                            last edited by

                                            Thanks ntxdave!

                                            Thanks Mike!

                                            Yes, the profiles of still there. I have not committed to exploding the Curviloft objects yet. The last post was to confirm to me that the shape was good before I commit. Because once exploded, there is no going back.

                                            It will most likely be the very last thing I do. I still need to add add many other parts.

                                            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 6
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 2 / 8
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement