sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    How to make a recessed window on a curved surface

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    16 Posts 5 Posters 1.5k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Z
      zigfoyer
      last edited by

      Aha. Thanks πŸ˜„


      control_room_04.skp

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • pilouP
        pilou
        last edited by

        select house / intersect with the model
        move the "cube"
        Explode the component
        Select all
        Intersect selected
        paint transparent result rounded glasss


        house.jpg

        Frenchy Pilou
        Is beautiful that please without concept!
        My Little site :)

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Z
          zigfoyer
          last edited by

          Hmm, not following you. That seems to get me to where I was before. I still can't figure out how you did the trim around the window.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • GaieusG
            Gaieus
            last edited by

            Dedmin - the question was "how to"?
            πŸ˜„

            Pilou - I would have sweared you'd come back with TOS - which would be perfect for this job of course. Your description is a bit brief however. I guess it's the same as my (no-plugin) solution, too. πŸ˜‰


            rec1.png


            rec2.png


            rec3.png


            rec4.png


            rec5.png


            rec6.png


            rec7.png


            rec8.png


            control_room_04.skp

            Gai...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • D
              dedmin
              last edited by

              Clipboard-2.jpg

              Tools on surface
              Offcet
              Offcet
              Arc
              and JPP

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • david_hD
                david_h
                last edited by

                Joint PP and Offset on Surface helps with that problem I believe


                curve window.jpg

                If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GaieusG
                  Gaieus
                  last edited by

                  Certainly - the "plugin way".
                  πŸ˜‰

                  Gai...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • david_hD
                    david_h
                    last edited by

                    What??? Is that bad? Did I violate the No Plugin Code thingy? 😳

                    πŸ’š

                    If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Z
                      zigfoyer
                      last edited by

                      Ah, I see. Make the trim before I intersect with the building.

                      Awesome, thanks for all the responses.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • GaieusG
                        Gaieus
                        last edited by

                        @unknownuser said:

                        What??? Is that bad? Did I violate the No Plugin Code thingy? 😳

                        πŸ’š

                        No, not at all, David.
                        Just when we are in the Newbie forum, I like to show people all the ways that native SU can solve. In this case, the plugin way will of course, produce much more regular and nicer geometry however.

                        @zigfoyer:

                        Glad if there was any helpful hints here - in either way. With such curvy geometry, you could indeed check out those plugins David mentioned.
                        πŸ‘

                        Gai...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • david_hD
                          david_h
                          last edited by

                          I knew that. .. just teasin' ya. It's all in good fun. You know me. .. i like to be the class clown! πŸ’š

                          If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                          Register Login
                          • 1 / 1
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement