sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin] CleanUp

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    974 Posts 217 Posters 1.2m Views 217 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Arty2A
      Arty2
      last edited by

      Not sure if it's the proper thread for this tip, but here goes.

      @unknownuser said:

      Wow, it looks promising. One suggestion, though: you could use big buttons instead of radio buttons and check-boxes. Such elements need more precision to click them (because they are small) and when using such plugin several times it can come more handy.

      This was a request about v3 in another thread, that is very easily solvable by just using some proper HTML and keeping the radio buttons / checkboxes too.

      Just make use of the <label> tag like this:

      
      <label for="idname">Descriptive text here; <input type="radio" name="whatever" id="idname" /></label>
      
      

      and that should keep everyone happy ๐Ÿ˜„

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • thomthomT
        thomthom
        last edited by

        That it uses already, and thatรฆs what the initial v3 will be using. ๐Ÿ˜„

        Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Arty2A
          Arty2
          last edited by

          That's great then, you should advertise it as "click the text and the checkbox is magically selected"
          Keep it up mate :]

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • thomthomT
            thomthom
            last edited by

            @arty2 said:

            That's great then, you should advertise it as "click the text and the checkbox is magically selected"
            Keep it up mate :]

            I'll be doing a video presentation.

            Another issue with the UI is displaying extra information. At the moment I use tooltips for each element, but I want to provide a better interface for this as well. But now I just need to get this first version out, otherwise it'll never be done.

            (Btw, you're a webdesigner? Scripter/programmer? Doing any SketchUp plugins?)

            Cheers!

            Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • thomthomT
              thomthom
              last edited by

              Version 3

              • New UI
              • More cleaning

              Remember to update TT_Lib2

              Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Rich O BrienR
                Rich O Brien Moderator
                last edited by

                Thanks Thom

                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp ๐Ÿ“–

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Rich O BrienR
                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                  last edited by

                  Been playing and love the new %/Timer feature ๐Ÿ‘

                  Ban witheld...temporarily

                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp ๐Ÿ“–

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • boofredlayB
                    boofredlay
                    last edited by

                    Nice update. Thanks.

                    http://www.coroflot.com/boofredlay

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • M
                      mac1
                      last edited by

                      ThomThom
                      a QUESTION:
                      Possibility of " other" errors. I don't know what the program float is, single, double etc but a 32 bit float only has a equivalent 24 bits. See IEEE 754 single precision floating point. In addition the Taylor series expansion, or what ever is used, of the arc trig functions could come into play althought I doubt you are using that??

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • srxS
                        srx
                        last edited by

                        Thank you for this very useful plugin.

                        www.saurus.rs

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • B
                          blajnov
                          last edited by

                          Thank you very much for the update, but downloading SketchUP Pro v.8, an error ...


                          06.02.png

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • thomthomT
                            thomthom
                            last edited by

                            @mac1 said:

                            ThomThom
                            a QUESTION:
                            Possibility of " other" errors. I don't know what the program float is, single, double etc but a 32 bit float only has a equivalent 24 bits. See IEEE 754 single precision floating point. In addition the Taylor series expansion, or what ever is used, of the arc trig functions could come into play althought I doubt you are using that??

                            I just use Ruby, so I have no control over low level functionality such a float types. That's all done by SketchUp and the Ruby core.

                            Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                            List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • thomthomT
                              thomthom
                              last edited by

                              @blajnov said:

                              Thank you very much for the update, but downloading SketchUP Pro v.8, an error ...

                              โ“
                              That refers to Plan Tools...

                              Can you open the Ruby Console and type in load 'tt_plan_tools.rb' ? Post back the whole message. (In the Plan Tools thread please.)

                              Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                              List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • thomthomT
                                thomthom
                                last edited by

                                @blajnov: I moved your post to the Plan Tools thread.

                                Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Dave RD
                                  Dave R
                                  last edited by

                                  Thank you for this plugin. It looks to be very powerful. I beg to report, however, that there was some odd behavior when I tried it.

                                  After selecting the tool from the menu I got this:


                                  http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5255/5421510634_a2c06bb903.jpg

                                  I clicked on Yes to see what would happen. I got the following:


                                  http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5294/5421510706_d399bcb86f.jpg

                                  (click on the image and you'll have access to a larger version if you need it.)

                                  I didn't know what to do other than making a screen shot of it for you so I closed the debugger and found this:


                                  http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5175/5421510742_91247cb57c.jpg

                                  I clicked No and the error messages quit coming up. The tick boxes seemed to work as expected and so I hit Cleanup. It seems to have worked its magic as you can see here:


                                  http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/5420902697_566a73a0e8.jpg

                                  The error message popups are repeatable. They occur every time I run the plugin. Any ideas? I just installed this plugin today and the Lib file last night before hitting the sack so I should be up to date on the current versions.

                                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                                  %

                                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                  M30

                                  %

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • thomthomT
                                    thomthom
                                    last edited by

                                    Dave, I'm not sure what that is. Maybe you have a stricter reporting in your IE settings. I'll see what I can find when I get home.

                                    Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • thomthomT
                                      thomthom
                                      last edited by

                                      Btw, what IE version do you have?

                                      Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                      List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Dave RD
                                        Dave R
                                        last edited by

                                        IE version is 7.0.5xxx. I never use IE so I've not updated to V8 or is it V9, now?

                                        Etaoin Shrdlu

                                        %

                                        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                        M30

                                        %

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • thomthomT
                                          thomthom
                                          last edited by

                                          V9 is coming very soon.
                                          I'd recommend you update IE even though you don't use it as your browser, because applications make sue of the IE engine. Such as SU which use IE for webdialogs.
                                          (though you might as well just wait for IE9 - which is an extremely good update to IE.)

                                          Thomas Thomassen โ€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                                          List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • Dave RD
                                            Dave R
                                            last edited by

                                            Alright, I'll upgrade. How long do you think until IE9? If it's just days, I'll wait. Otherwise I'll go ahead and update to 8

                                            Etaoin Shrdlu

                                            %

                                            (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                            G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                            M30

                                            %

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 48
                                            • 49
                                            • 9 / 49
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement