sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    The "Duh!" thread (aka the Doh! thread)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    696 Posts 135 Posters 579.7k Views 135 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • david_hD
      david_h
      last edited by

      Dave. . thanks for the response and please excuse the follow up. . . I guess I'm not following, or i didn't make my question clear and I don't use outliiner that much. . .is there a way to save the scene updates so that the windows just stay off? I don't see how Outline does that for me.

      Thx,

      D

      If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • david_hD
        david_h
        last edited by

        Never mind. .. I think I got it. I just update after the outliner thing. Correct?

        Thx,

        D

        If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Dave RD
          Dave R
          last edited by

          Oh. Sorry. I didn't get that part. The display of section planes is a style setting thing so edit the style to turn them off, update the style and update the scenes.

          Actually, if you edit the style and then update the scene, you should get a warning that tells you the style has been edited and asking if you want to update the style or create a new one.

          Etaoin Shrdlu

          %

          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

          M30

          %

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • david_hD
            david_h
            last edited by

            Thank you! it's really quite amazing how much of the basic stuff you forget when you don't dealwith it that often.

            D

            If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Dave RD
              Dave R
              last edited by

              Yes it is amazing indeed.

              And it shows how deep SketchUp can be.

              Etaoin Shrdlu

              %

              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

              M30

              %

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • R
                rv1974
                last edited by

                Curic Extend is amazing!
                https://gumroad.com/curic
                50% discount code:
                10k followers

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pilouP
                  pilou
                  last edited by

                  A tool EXTRUDE EDGES BY VECTOR BY tig don't make the same ? πŸ˜‰

                  http://forum.zbrush.fr/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1622.0;attach=18111;image

                  Frenchy Pilou
                  Is beautiful that please without concept!
                  My Little site :)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • R
                    rv1974
                    last edited by

                    no, Curic works with multiple independent objects (groups, components) and\or its faces instantly.
                    Does Tig's one extrude to a curved object?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Dave RD
                      Dave R
                      last edited by

                      @rv1974 said:

                      Does Tig's one extrude to a curved object?

                      Yes.

                      Etaoin Shrdlu

                      %

                      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                      M30

                      %

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • R
                        rv1974
                        last edited by

                        Very good, but once again ability to process multiple objects regardless the context makes night and day difference.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • TIGT
                          TIG Moderator
                          last edited by

                          @rv1974 said:

                          no, Curic works with multiple independent objects (groups, components) and\or its faces instantly.
                          Does Tig's one extrude to a curved object?
                          My EE... tool extends selected edges and by connection their faces to any objects in the way of the vector-path, or a picked point on that path - whichever is appropriate. It doesn't process the contents of selected groups etc, so you must edit them and select the geometry to process.
                          The objects to which it extrudes must include some faces [even if nested inside groups etc] - so curved surfaces are accommodated...

                          TIG

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • K
                            Khai
                            last edited by

                            My biggest Doh!

                            Struggling with microfaces on a component..

                            Brain : this is a component!
                            Me : I know
                            Brain : no, this is a component, get it?
                            Me : I know! Will you shuv up?
                            Brain : idiot. Copy it, enlarge it 500% over there, and then work on it, they won't be microfaces anymore and life will be easy. Pillock.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • BoxB
                              Box
                              last edited by

                              Why on earth is Curic Extend in this thread!
                              If you want to post it put it in a thread of its own in the Plugins SubForum.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Dave RD
                                Dave R
                                last edited by

                                @khai said:

                                My biggest Doh!

                                Struggling with microfaces on a component..

                                Brain : this is a component!
                                Me : I know
                                Brain : no, this is a component, get it?
                                Me : I know! Will you shuv up?
                                Brain : idiot. Copy it, enlarge it 500% over there, and then work on it, they won't be microfaces anymore and life will be easy. Pillock.

                                As demonstrated by Box:

                                403 Forbidden

                                favicon

                                (sketchucation.com)

                                Etaoin Shrdlu

                                %

                                (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                M30

                                %

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • david_hD
                                  david_h
                                  last edited by

                                  Fellow Wizards:

                                  so in previous versions of SU there was a blue icon with a query (?) symbol or something that would give you all the statistics of a model and the ability to fix and purge throughout. What happened to that too in V 18? Entity Info doesn't quite do it for me.

                                  thx,

                                  D

                                  If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • Dave RD
                                    Dave R
                                    last edited by

                                    @david_h said:

                                    so in previous versions of SU there was a blue icon with a query (?) symbol or something that would give you all the statistics...

                                    I suspect you mean the Query tool which creates something that looks like this:
                                    Screenshot - 3_25_2019 , 10_26_40 AM.png

                                    That is part of the Utilities Tools available from the Extension Warehouse.

                                    Etaoin Shrdlu

                                    %

                                    (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                    G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                    M30

                                    %

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Dave RD
                                      Dave R
                                      last edited by

                                      CleanUp3? TIG's Purge All?

                                      Do you still have the older version of SketchUp installed so you could check to see what it is called?

                                      Etaoin Shrdlu

                                      %

                                      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                      M30

                                      %

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • david_hD
                                        david_h
                                        last edited by

                                        Thanks Dave. No. . it was a statistics tool of some kind. I didn't use it much but I need it today to find out where some problems are and that it can fix them.

                                        It had a menu that would come up that would show all the entities and an option to fix problems etc.

                                        again, Thanks.

                                        D

                                        EDIT: This just in:

                                        I think I found it!

                                        thx again.

                                        If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • david_hD
                                          david_h
                                          last edited by

                                          info.png

                                          It was in the Window Menu. I just did't know to look for it there cuz it had it's own toolbar icon but it doesn't now.

                                          So. . . .
                                          never mind.jpg

                                          If I make it look easy...It is probably easy

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • pilouP
                                            pilou
                                            last edited by

                                            A cool one never too late! πŸ’š

                                            • Draw a box
                                            • Draw a Line Guide in whatever direction wished
                                            • Release the mouse and type any integer fraction N/D in the VCB with your 2 hands! πŸ˜„
                                              7/3 for example...
                                              (any time you want till the good position of the Guide line wished! 😎

                                            I don't know why that works not with N*D or N+D or N-D ❓

                                            doh_guide_line.jpg

                                            Frenchy Pilou
                                            Is beautiful that please without concept!
                                            My Little site :)

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 28
                                            • 29
                                            • 30
                                            • 31
                                            • 32
                                            • 33
                                            • 34
                                            • 35
                                            • 30 / 35
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement