sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin][$] Tools On Surface - v2.6a - 01 Apr 24

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    638 Posts 203 Posters 1.8m Views 202 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • fredo6F
      fredo6
      last edited by

      @airplanefreakmaster said:

      Hey fredo, I need a little bit of help installing the tool, I can't open the zip folder because it says it's some archive or it's invalid, could you change the extension for it?

      I would suggest you install via the SCF Plugin Store tool. This is really the safest way.

      Fredo

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • fredo6F
        fredo6
        last edited by

        NEW RELEASE: Tools on Surface 2.0a- 12 Nov 13

        This release is mainly for future Sketchup compatibility. No functional change.

        You will need to migrate to LibFredo6 5.4 or higher

        Please see main post for download

        Fredo

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • S
          suHappyPills
          last edited by

          Very useful,thanks a lot!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • A
            archigokce
            last edited by

            thank you so much ...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              mdfahd
              last edited by

              hey when i try instlling this plug it says i need 5.2 or higher version. plz suggest wat to do..using sketchup 7

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • massimoM
                massimo Moderator
                last edited by

                From the very first post of this thread...
                Cattura.JPG

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • W
                  wyoung221
                  last edited by

                  I have looked around and I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. When I try to draw shapes on a sphere (smooth or not), faces get deleted randomly. Sometimes I can get it to come back with the line tool, but sometimes I can't. Am I missing something?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Rich O BrienR
                    Rich O Brien Moderator
                    last edited by

                    How big is the sphere?

                    Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • W
                      wyoung221
                      last edited by

                      http://i.imgur.com/uZy3ZC9.jpg

                      This example is 2" wide, the one I was working on is 4". Is that the issue? It just needs to be bigger?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Dave RD
                        Dave R
                        last edited by

                        Yep. Try scaling up by 100x.

                        Etaoin Shrdlu

                        %

                        (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                        G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                        M30

                        %

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • BoxB
                          Box
                          last edited by

                          Not that it matter here but you are working inside out. You should work with the faces orientated correctly or you will run into problems. The Default front face is white and back face bluegray.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • jgbJ
                            jgb
                            last edited by

                            Before using any "surface" tools (tools-on-surface, Joint-push-pull, etc) do an Orient Faces first.
                            It really does not matter which face is outside, although standard practice is "white outside - blue inside" as Box noted.

                            The missing faces is an SU quirk when 1 side is tiny. Scaling up does solve that problem, but sometimes scaling up then back down creates a placement problem.

                            So to prevent that, I make the overall object, or just a piece of it a temporary component, and copy it away in free space. Then I do an OUTSIDE of box scale up, edit that and do the surface operation. It will be duplicated on the original, intact. Then delete the scaled up working copy and explode the original comp.


                            jgb

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Dave RD
                              Dave R
                              last edited by

                              In some cases it does matter which faces are out. It's good practice to do housekeeping as you go along and correct reversed faces and otherwise keep the model clean. It can pay off big later on. As with anything computer related, GIGO applies.

                              Etaoin Shrdlu

                              %

                              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                              M30

                              %

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • T
                                TightLines
                                last edited by

                                I'm having trouble finding an active link to download this plugin. Can anyone point me in a direction?

                                Thanks

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Dave RD
                                  Dave R
                                  last edited by

                                  It's amazing what you can find if you look at the first post in a thread.
                                  2014-03-24_13-50-43.png

                                  2014-03-24_13-51-09.png

                                  Etaoin Shrdlu

                                  %

                                  (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                                  G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                                  M30

                                  %

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • T
                                    TightLines
                                    last edited by

                                    I should have specified. When I click the link, it tells me I do not have access to that page. Is it for paid subscribers only? Is there an alternate link?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • BoxB
                                      Box
                                      last edited by

                                      You should try the link again, your account may not have been fully authorized when you clicked it before.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • T
                                        TightLines
                                        last edited by

                                        Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I'm still not "authorized to view this page".

                                        Hmmm.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • TIGT
                                          TIG Moderator
                                          last edited by

                                          As a new member with >3 posts your access should now be reset...
                                          Try again...

                                          TIG

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • BoxB
                                            Box
                                            last edited by

                                            It's actually easier to go install the plugin store and auto install if from there.
                                            http://sketchucation.com/resources/plugin-store-download

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 31
                                            • 32
                                            • 1 / 32
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement