sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Plugin][$] Tools On Surface - v2.6a - 01 Apr 24

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    638 Posts 203 Posters 1.8m Views 202 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      d12dozr
      last edited by

      Yeah, it seems the problem gets worse the farther around the surface you go...I just wonder if there is a setting that I am missing or a workaround

      3D Printing with SketchUp Book
      http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • D
        d12dozr
        last edited by

        Ah, fredo explains the problem in the documentation...it happens when the arc is so shallow that the centerpoint is off the surface (see attachment)

        If anyone knows a workaround, I'd love to hear it


        From the documentation...

        3D Printing with SketchUp Book
        http://goo.gl/f7ooYh

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • L
          lytk
          last edited by

          such an useful script, thanks for your post

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • dereiD
            derei
            last edited by

            Possible bug? TOS acts strange when I try do traw over group. It works fine on raw geometry, but on group I have strange projections. See the attachments.


            Tools On Surface - drawn on group


            Tools On Surface - drawn iniside group (on face)

            DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Dave RD
              Dave R
              last edited by

              I didn't think it was supposed to draw on groups or components.

              As a work around, though, you could open the group or component and draw your lines. Then select them and use Edit>Cut. Close the group and use Edit>Paste in Place.

              Etaoin Shrdlu

              %

              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

              M30

              %

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • TIGT
                TIG Moderator
                last edited by

                @dave r said:

                I didn't think it was supposed to draw on groups or components.

                Quite!
                The clue is in its name - it's NOT called Tools_on_Group or Tools_on_Instance,
                So just draw ON a 'Surface' not ON other things........... 😒

                TIG

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Rich O BrienR
                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                  last edited by

                  My version doesn't draw on Groups/Components?

                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp 📖

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • dereiD
                    derei
                    last edited by

                    Well, it looks I just used a plugin in an inappropriate way. Do I still benefit of warranty ? 😆
                    I promise I won't do it again! 😄

                    DESIGNER AND ARTIST DEREI.UK

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pilouP
                      pilou
                      last edited by

                      Tool Line on surface
                      Does this extra line necessary when I want close the circumference?
                      (so I must erase it after the close)
                      tool_surface.jpg

                      Frenchy Pilou
                      Is beautiful that please without concept!
                      My Little site :)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • H
                        hebeijianke
                        last edited by

                        @unknownuser said:

                        ...

                        I am a Chinese user
                        When I use this plug-in
                        The Chinese in the display area is not displayed correctly
                        Can You check what is the reason


                        QQ截图未命名0.png

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • fredo6F
                          fredo6
                          last edited by

                          @hebeijianke said:

                          @unknownuser said:

                          ...

                          I am a Chinese user
                          When I use this plug-in
                          The Chinese in the display area is not displayed correctly
                          Can You check what is the reason

                          I don't know. Apparently the translation in the lang file appears to be correct for "length" and "angle" at least on my version 1.8. Can you please check in ToolsOnSurface > Language Translation....

                          Does the 'wrong' text means something in Chinese, and if so, what does it means?

                          Is this the only occurence of translation problems?

                          Also, do you use TOS version 1.8 or an earlier version?

                          Thanks

                          Fredo

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • H
                            hebeijianke
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            @hebeijianke said:

                            @unknownuser said:

                            ...

                            Fredo

                            I'm using version 1.8a
                            The text displayed is not Chinese
                            There are several situations can not be displayed properly
                            I do not known the reason

                            The Translation is Correct
                            4.png


                            1.png


                            2.png


                            3.png

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • fredo6F
                              fredo6
                              last edited by

                              Just in case, this may come from the fact that in your configuration, the Chinese language is defined with CN, not ZH.
                              The original file is defined with ZH.

                              Could you check what is the local language by typing Sketchup.get_locale in the Ruby console.

                              Thanks

                              Fredo

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • G
                                g863210
                                last edited by

                                THANK YOU! IT IS POWERFUL! 😍

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • H
                                  hebeijianke
                                  last edited by

                                  @unknownuser said:

                                  Just in case, this may come from the fact that in your configuration, the Chinese language is defined with CN, not ZH.
                                  The original file is defined with ZH.

                                  Could you check what is the local language by typing Sketchup.get_locale in the Ruby console.

                                  Thanks

                                  Fredo

                                  It Is still displayed incorrectly


                                  0.png

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • TIGT
                                    TIG Moderator
                                    last edited by

                                    Fredo

                                    There are several common two-part locale code LCID strings [the 'code' and 'LCID string' can vary] - e.g.

                                    Chinese (simplified) - ZH-CN
                                    Chinese (traditional) - ZH-TW
                                    English (UK) - EN-GB
                                    English (US) - EN-US
                                    Portuguese (Brazil) - PT-BR
                                    Portuguese (Portugal) - PT-PT

                                    Some of them like EN-GB are no longer implemented by Google, as we are now lumped in with America under EN-US...

                                    TIG

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • D
                                      Diggsey
                                      last edited by

                                      This plugin is exceptionally useful!

                                      A couple of minor bugs:
                                      Sometimes, if you draw a circle or ellipse over a hard edge, the curve will be divided into more than two parts. The plugin needs to start and end the curve at one of the intersections with the hard edge to prevent it. Also, the drawing tools seem to make duplicate faces occasionally. Oddly this seems to happen often on flat surfaces.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • D
                                        dynath
                                        last edited by

                                        Ok, i'm not sure if this is possible but I am wondering if it is possible to make a line drawing and paste it onto a 3d surface using these tools. I basicly want to draw a logo in sketchup, paste it onto a curved surface before manipulating the various thicknesses on it to make it 3D.

                                        any ideas?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • mitcorbM
                                          mitcorb
                                          last edited by

                                          It seems you would have to import the line drawing as a .dxf, or .obj. Or import as an image and place it on a flat drawn surface and trace over it. Do whatever cleanup or closure is necessary on the flat drawing. Using the Sandbox tools, your curved surface being the TIN(triangulated irregular network?), you then Drape the line drawing onto the curved surface.

                                          I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • D
                                            deanlegg
                                            last edited by

                                            Can anyone tell my whats happening with the arc tool here
                                            The corner of the smile is all distorted


                                            smily.jpg

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 31
                                            • 32
                                            • 3 / 32
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement