sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [TUTORIAL]: texturing organic form (subsmooth)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    36 Posts 17 Posters 21.6k Views 17 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • soloS
      solo
      last edited by

      Krowka, hope this helps, it's a very crude and fast example, Biebel's shape is cleaner.

      [flash=600,400:3gn1ftdy]http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2335698&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=00ADEF&fullscreen=1[/flash:3gn1ftdy]

      Displaced with ecosystem in Vue:


      http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/938/biebelshapefu4.jpg

      http://www.solos-art.com

      If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • C
        Click Draw
        last edited by

        Very cool Solo....how about doing a tut to show how to displace with Vray? Don't make me bag....cause I will! 😄

        Have I mentioned how much of a laugh I get out of some of the Signatures on here!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • soloS
          solo
          last edited by

          Jeff, I would like to help with V-ray but my trial has ended and I had a choice between v-ray and Vue and I'm sure you know who won. I am sure once Kwistenbiebel gets settled into Oz he will get one going, after all this is his turf. 😉

          http://www.solos-art.com

          If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • C
            Click Draw
            last edited by

            No worries....I'm sure he'll show us mower 🤣

            Have I mentioned how much of a laugh I get out of some of the Signatures on here!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • T
              tulacong
              last edited by

              thank you very much.I wan it

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • K
                krowka_smieszka
                last edited by

                Thank u for video solo... i see that i need get some plugins 😒

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • B
                  berbay
                  last edited by

                  How do you scale the texture that you have applied on that surface?? anyone can help me?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • massimoM
                    massimo Moderator
                    last edited by

                    Right click on the surface-->entity info-->click on the material's thumbnail-->edit. Or pick the material with the eyedropper, then go to the material panel-->edit.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • A
                      Aerilius
                      last edited by

                      Hi,
                      you can (unfortunately) only edit a projected texture's positioning on the same face from where you projected it or from a parallel face.
                      That means:
                      Either you have to remember where the red-dashed triangle (second image) was - or, better, you project the texture from a face outside of that organic shape (like an image) and then you just hide this "helper face" and don't delete it. Keep it in the same group like the organic shape. Later you can right-click on that "helper face" and move, rotate and skew the texture; then project it again on the organic shape.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • B
                        berbay
                        last edited by

                        @massimo said:

                        Right click on the surface-->entity info-->click on the material's thumbnail-->edit. Or pick the material with the eyedropper, then go to the material panel-->edit.

                        oh ok it works like that!! thank you…. but i could do it if the material is not from sketchup. for vismat materials I couldnt do.

                        and Aerilius thanks for your reply, it seemed pretty advanced for me, but I will try…

                        i opened a new post for the scene i am working on… the materials I use are vismats and i dont know how to control them yet... 😕

                        404 Not Found

                        favicon

                        (forums.sketchucation.com)

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • andrea.biancoA
                          andrea.bianco
                          last edited by

                          Thanks a lot for the tip, it's very useful indeed.

                          Andrea A. Bianco
                          http://www.andreabianco.eu

                          HW: i7 3.8GHz | nVidia GTX590 3GB | 8GB RAM
                          SW: SketchUp, Octane, Adobe CC, Painter, Windows 8.1 64

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          • 1
                          • 2
                          • 2 / 2
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          Buy SketchPlus
                          Buy SUbD
                          Buy WrapR
                          Buy eBook
                          Buy Modelur
                          Buy Vertex Tools
                          Buy SketchCuisine
                          Buy FormFonts

                          Advertisement