sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Night scene render with v-ray?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved V-Ray
    renderpluginsextensions
    10 Posts 8 Posters 18.7k Views 8 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N
      not registered yet
      last edited by

      im trying to render an architectural scene [SU model] at night. I know how to do it in 3DS Max, but I am totally lost with SU + V-RAY. I setup rectalinear lights but I still dont get a glow from the windows.

      I am lost.

      Any ideas on tutorials?

      (Alex V)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • I
        ilay7k
        last edited by

        @alex v said:

        im trying to render an architectural scene [SU model] at night. I know how to do it in 3DS Max, but I am totally lost with SU + V-RAY. I setup rectalinear lights but I still dont get a glow from the windows.

        I am lost.

        Any ideas on tutorials?

        Try to create "box" from vray infinity planes, then add to one plane material(with night city or something pic in emissive layer with low intensity)
        And read about sky examples at spot3d.com.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • A
          artooc
          last edited by

          @ilay7k said:

          @alex v said:

          im trying to render an architectural scene [SU model] at night. I know how to do it in 3DS Max, but I am totally lost with SU + V-RAY. I setup rectalinear lights but I still dont get a glow from the windows.

          I am lost.

          Any ideas on tutorials?

          Try to create "box" from vray infinity planes, then add to one plane material(with night city or something pic in emissive layer with low intensity)
          And read about sky examples at spot3d.com.

          So do i!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • J
            juanjo06
            last edited by

            simple! turn off enviroment and background in options. and add some ligths, i do that and work so nice, just try and you will see! tell me then.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              Musicbox1970
              last edited by

              I use this setting.
              First Restore Default on Rednder Optins. (by Clicking on file -> Restore...)
              then :
              Render Options -> Camer -> Shutter Speed = 900 (leave the others on default setting)
              Render Options -> Environment -> GI (Skylight) -> (Click on M) -> Intensity Multiplier = 0.1 (leave the others on default setting).

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • J
                juanjo06
                last edited by

                will see! 👍

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • N
                  nomeradona
                  last edited by

                  used hdri map (evening) for the environement. i always recommend when using hdri, turn off the camera.

                  visit my blog: http://www.nomeradona.blogspot.com

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • J
                    juanjo06
                    last edited by

                    these are the pdf tutorial and the skp manual scenes. how to use hdri images
                    HDR Images courtesy of Wouter Wynen
                    http://www.aversis.be hdri web page
                    http://rapidshare.com/files/129282354/V-Ray_for_SketchUp_Manual_scene_and_pdf.rar

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • E
                      erentumer
                      last edited by

                      try creating a vray sphere around your model.and then lighting work will help you I think.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • V
                        valerostudio
                        last edited by

                        I would use a night HDRI for the environment and GI. The rect lights in your building may need to be turned up in order to get the glow you want. My suggestion is to play with a test model using just a box with a 'window' cut out and try the methods described above to see what gets the effect you are looking for.

                        Nice FREE HDRIshttp://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement