sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    [Tutorial > Modeling] Organic modelling

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Tutorials
    sketchup
    40 Posts 25 Posters 24.3k Views 25 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • O
      otb designworks
      last edited by

      Holy crap, those models are sick! The term "crowbaring Sketchup" is exactly right and my hat is off to you.

      You couldn't pay me to attempt this, and if I did, I am sure it would end up terribly bad!

      Cheers, Chuck

      OTB Designworks is on Youtube

      6 core nMP, 32 gig RAM, (2) D700 GPU's, dual monitors

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • S
        SchreiberBike
        last edited by

        No way. Part of me wants to try it, the other part of me knows better. I don't get enough sleep as it is.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • KrisidiousK
          Krisidious
          last edited by

          you're a stud...

          By: Kristoff Rand
          Home DesignerUnique House Plans

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • monsterzeroM
            monsterzero
            last edited by

            Solo, I'm sorry that your wife blames me. I certainly hope that it becomes any worse.

            Right now I'm dealing with the amount of polys I have in my scenes. I'm not brave enough to go as far as you have. πŸ˜„

            (monsterzero)

            monsterzero
            I live stream my work on my graphic novel:
            https://www.youtube.com/@monsterz3r0

            http://infinitemachine.tv/
            https://www.aaatitle.xyz/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • G
              Gidon Yuval
              last edited by

              It's not crazy.
              It's not sick.
              It's inspiring.
              It's enlightening.
              It's invigorating.
              And more than anything else it's humbling.

              Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the presence of greatness.

              (Gidon)

              If you don't know where you're going, you're never going to get there.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • ely862meE
                ely862me
                last edited by

                out of words,i get bored even to make interiors of my cars but this,this....man

                Elisei (sketchupper)


                Before no life was done on Earth it was THE LIFE ITSELF...GOD
                Come and See EliseiDesign

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • tinanneT
                  tinanne
                  last edited by

                  😲

                  I've seen this before... did not reply for fear of sounding so stupid, because... dood, it's like totally awesome, i mean like really, i'm like completely, like, um... really.... 🀣

                  Awesome work Pete, it truly is mind bending

                  Executive Director : American Society of Architectural Illustrators
                  AIP 30 Competition opens soon. ASAI.org

                  Architectural Rendering

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • O
                    onono
                    last edited by

                    This is my first post. Lurking, 'till now. I can't keep silent.

                    solo, your work boggles the mind. I am awash in newb awe.

                    By the time I know what I'm doing, I'll be done.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      remus
                      last edited by

                      its nor neccesarily newb awe...i tink this stuff will put most people in their place πŸ‘

                      http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • 3
                        3eighty
                        last edited by

                        Just Ditto what they all said! πŸ‘

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • GaieusG
                          Gaieus
                          last edited by

                          @onono said:

                          This is my first post. Lurking, 'till now. I can't keep silent.

                          solo, your work boggles the mind. I am awash in newb awe.

                          Onono, welcome as a member! πŸ˜‰
                          Well, yes, solo's work is impressive and I'm glad he got you out of just lurking! πŸ‘

                          Gai...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • P
                            pav_3j
                            last edited by

                            @solo said:

                            I wanted to keep this model under 2mb

                            how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how

                            i tried walking while listening to music the other day...i fell over.

                            i shall NOT be attempting amything like this.

                            pav

                            Just won the 'Who is Least Competitive Championships' where trying to win will make you lose. Trying to lose makes you win which makes you lose. Not trying at all makes you lose which makes you win which makes you lose.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • D
                              doncoyote
                              last edited by

                              😎 Wow that is cool.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • majidM
                                majid
                                last edited by

                                @ pav : maybe my organic modeling method helps you ( i posted some times ago , somewhere here ) . let me know did you tried it ?

                                My inspiring A, B, Sketches book: https://sketchucation.com/shop/books/intermediate/2612-alphabet-inspired-sketches--inspiring-drills-for-architects--3d-artists-and-designers-

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • P
                                  pav_3j
                                  last edited by

                                  @majid said:

                                  @ pav : maybe my organic modeling method helps you ( i posted some times ago , somewhere here ) . let me know did you tried it ?

                                  i haven't been able to find it majid, any chance you could post the link?
                                  sounds like something i would be very interested in.

                                  cheers

                                  pav

                                  Just won the 'Who is Least Competitive Championships' where trying to win will make you lose. Trying to lose makes you win which makes you lose. Not trying at all makes you lose which makes you win which makes you lose.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • R
                                    remus
                                    last edited by

                                    404 Not Found

                                    favicon

                                    (www.sketchucation.com)

                                    there you go pav

                                    http://remusrendering.wordpress.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Bryan KB
                                      Bryan K
                                      last edited by

                                      Image shack pictures no longer linking.

                                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • Mike AmosM
                                        Mike Amos
                                        last edited by

                                        I get a report of 'image not found' when I try to look at Pete's images, is it the forum or my pc?

                                        Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • john2J
                                          john2
                                          last edited by

                                          I am not able to see any image. See the screenshot to see exactly what I get 😞


                                          po9.jpg

                                          Sketchup Make 2017 (64-bit), Vray 4.0 , Windows 10 – 64 bit, corei7-8750H, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • soloS
                                            solo
                                            last edited by

                                            @john2 said:

                                            I am not able to see any image. See the screenshot to see exactly what I get 😞

                                            Yeah, those images are gone, Image shack was a free service 8 years ago, when they held my images randsom for a monthly fee I told them to get f#cked. Sorry about that.

                                            http://www.solos-art.com

                                            If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 2 / 2
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement