sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    A Welcome Message to New SketchUcation Members

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbie Forum
    sketchup
    1.4k Posts 667 Posters 1.2m Views 667 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M
      Mishka12
      last edited by

      Hi thank you.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • M
        madebythegirl
        last edited by

        Hello
        I'm just at the beginning, making by myself course for site planning. I've stock on ruby scripts and sandbox tools. I'm looking for some materials witch could help me a little bit to understand what exactly ruby scripts are?? ๐Ÿ˜„

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • massimoM
          massimo Moderator
          last edited by

          @unknownuser said:

          I'm looking for some materials witch could help me a little bit to understand what exactly ruby scripts are??

          Hi Daria and welcome. Maybe this could be a start.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • B
            bojo
            last edited by

            Hello,
            I'm Bojo, and it's great for me to join the community. I'm an architect and a sketch up user for years and still look forward to explore more about SU capacity. Really want to learn more from all the masters here ๐Ÿ˜„ , maybe nearest target is about making a simple animation (I like Lumenrt but I guess my PC can't afford for that frustrated render)
            Good day guys!
            Bj

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • S
              Santi_alq
              last edited by

              Hi, everybody ... that's my first message here and i introduce myself.
              I'm, from Spain so, please don't look at my poor english , i'll try to do my best ...
              Several years using autocad, now, it's time to jump in to the 3D, and here i am.

              Thanks in advance for your help to anyone โ˜€

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • S
                sdond13
                last edited by

                Hello everyone. I'm Scott. I am in the mechanical drafting field. I mainly use solidworks and Inventor for that work, however when I need something quick I use Sketchup. It is also my goto program for any side modelling. One of the things I do is rendering of various sets used on game shows. A few models I've done can be viewed here.
                http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/sdond13/CantStop.png
                http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/sdond13/12-1.jpg
                http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/sdond13/2-2.jpg
                http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/sdond13/1-7.png

                I came here because I wanted to get into programming and scripting and I'm sure you guys will teach me some tricks too.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • polyvoxP
                  polyvox
                  last edited by

                  Hello all,

                  New to the community.

                  A semi-fast learner.

                  Just downloaded a Rounded-Corner plugin from Fred06.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • C
                    csolis
                    last edited by

                    Hello gentlemen, im an architect and i use Sket8 on my professional work.

                    Greetings ๐Ÿ˜„

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • B
                      bobdietzfla
                      last edited by

                      I am trying to register but it keeps coming back to the form with password boxes empty. Ihave tried numerous passwords. Help

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • GaieusG
                        Gaieus
                        last edited by

                        Hi Robert,

                        You seem to have been able to register - otherwise you could not even post. ๐Ÿ˜’

                        Gai...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • N
                          Namhas
                          last edited by

                          Hiya I'm a new user to sketchup, I make boxes and goof off with it, but have no talent to speak of, but want to use it in a woodworking project.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • S
                            SteveDuvall
                            last edited by

                            Hello,

                            I've been using Sketchup for about a year, most of the model's I make are for Second Life but it is just a hobby for me!

                            I have had the disappointment of dealing with a small group of vigilantes in the wharehouse who are cyber bullying people but other than that I have enjoyed using sketchup!

                            I look forward to learning new things here and will be around to help others who I may be able to.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • mitcorbM
                              mitcorb
                              last edited by

                              Hi, Steve and welcome:
                              You will find the folks here very helpful and respectful. Those are two of many unique qualities of this forum.
                              I wonder what the issue is in the Warehouse?

                              I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • P
                                poachiche
                                last edited by

                                hi guya new here trying to use sketchup for my woodworking plans instead of using my pencil en technical drawing skills

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • mitcorbM
                                  mitcorb
                                  last edited by

                                  Hi Jeremie/ poachiche, and welcome:
                                  As you may know, there is also a Woodworking subforum here, that you can access.
                                  Personally, I would not completely abandon the pencil. I am always sketching on paper some ideas to model in Sketchup. I imagine that many others also do this.
                                  Have a good time in this community.

                                  I take the slow, deliberate approach in my aimless wandering.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • GadgetGirlG
                                    GadgetGirl
                                    last edited by

                                    Hello from Texas, everyone!

                                    I'm a total newby to SU, having just downloaded the free version this week. I found SketchUcation at the same time I found SU in Google searches while seeking software to use for home/room/landscape design. I have no background in drafting/design, but sure want to learn!

                                    I'm a homeowner looking to learn to use SU to model my current home in order to try on various remodeling ideas, as we are looking to update/renovate the house and landscape. My hope is to learn SU to the point that I can also design our next home.

                                    Nice to find this forum and all of you with such skills!

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • GaieusG
                                      Gaieus
                                      last edited by

                                      Hi Lyza and welcome!

                                      Here, it is really up to you how much you learn. I suggest to go through the manual and some video tutorials but whenever you are stuck, do not be shy to ask.

                                      Gai...

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • S
                                        SKYWAYS128
                                        last edited by

                                        Hi all! Newbie reporting in! ๐Ÿ˜„

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • C
                                          CurtRHCP
                                          last edited by

                                          Hello!

                                          I'm Curtis and I use Sketchup for a while. (Maybe 5-6 years)

                                          Now I have VRAY and it's so realistic!
                                          But this forum will certainly help me ^^ Sometimes I have difficulties even when I saw all the good answers.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • C
                                            Codeman
                                            last edited by

                                            I have referenced your site off and on for several years and found the discussions regarding plugin usage and availability very useful.

                                            ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 63
                                            • 64
                                            • 65
                                            • 66
                                            • 67
                                            • 72
                                            • 73
                                            • 65 / 73
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement