sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Hercules 2031

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    10 Posts 5 Posters 592 Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • starriggerS
      starrigger
      last edited by

      So working on Importing SKPs into blender, The plugin that's available works great! I just cleaned up the shaders in blender after the import.

      Bridge.jpg Captain Chair.jpg LandingGear.jpg ship.jpg

      Renders:

      Using these as possible assets in a short movie I've been working on since Vers 8.. πŸ™„

      Herc20.png Herc22.png HercInt02.png HercInt04.png

      marked001M 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 3
      • marked001M
        marked001 @starrigger
        last edited by

        @starrigger Very cool!

        http://www.revision21vis.com

        instagram: revi21on

        ntxdaveN 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • ntxdaveN
          ntxdave @marked001
          last edited by

          @marked001 said in Hercules 2031:

          @starrigger Very cool!

          Agree completely!

          Whar renderer did you use?

          Press F1...thank me later

          starriggerS 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • starriggerS
            starrigger @ntxdave
            last edited by starrigger

            @ntxdave
            Imported into Blender and used the Cycles renderer. Took some tinkering with the shaders and UV unwrapping to get this though. There is a real nice importer for SKP files, which means I don't have to export first.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Bryan KB
              Bryan K
              last edited by

              Wow! Looking good!

              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • starriggerS
                starrigger
                last edited by starrigger

                One of the scenes in the story has an asteroid ripping through the bridge of the Achilles. so I'm testing it out.

                I believe Sketchup has a place in film... In front of the camera!

                Watch the video
                Click image for video

                pixelcruncherP 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • pixelcruncherP
                  pixelcruncher Extension Creator @starrigger
                  last edited by

                  @starrigger Great work, I love the modelling and texturing!

                  What did you use to simulate the collision?

                  Cheers,
                  Thomas

                  I'm the developer of Rayscaper: https://rayscaper.com/ - Fast and easy rendering for SketchUp.

                  starriggerS 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • starriggerS
                    starrigger @pixelcruncher
                    last edited by starrigger

                    @pixelcruncher Thanks,

                    The model came out of Sketchup pretty much as is, I did add a few tears in the window area of the mesh to help sell the impact.

                    The actual impact animations were done in Blender. I used Blender's Cloth sim to do the mesh bending, I added Quick Explode on the windows that were directly hit by the asteroid, and for those that were not directly hit, I added another cloth sim that, because of low vertex count it just twisted and popped them apart.

                    This was my first attempt at doing something like this. It was actually pretty easy to apply the animation tools, but It took me parts of tree days to sort out the settings. I want to add a smoke sim to simulate dust and debris coming off the asteroid, but I still haven't worked out the settings for that yet..

                    For texturing I use the "Color" layer image of the final texture in Sketchup, In most cases I am able to leave the UVs as they are imported into blender, and just add the other layers when I set up the textures in blender. (Metallic, Rough, Bump, etc )

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1
                    • Bryan KB
                      Bryan K
                      last edited by

                      That first test is looking good!

                      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • starriggerS
                        starrigger
                        last edited by starrigger

                        Here is the current state of the destruction:

                        Click the Image for a YouTube Vid
                        Watch the video

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1 / 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Buy SketchPlus
                        Buy SUbD
                        Buy WrapR
                        Buy eBook
                        Buy Modelur
                        Buy Vertex Tools
                        Buy SketchCuisine
                        Buy FormFonts

                        Advertisement