sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Testing D5 render

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    30 Posts 8 Posters 5.7k Views 8 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Bryan KB
      Bryan K
      last edited by

      Thanks L I am!

      I usually do put a touch of touch a shine on everything. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

      See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • L
        L i am
        last edited by

        I was not aware until seeing this thread that D5 is based upon UE. I see it has decals as assets even though I think I know the answer I will ask anyway: Does raytracing work with D5 decals? Has anybody used D5 and twinmotion and which is preferable in your opinion?
        Just an opinion here many are talking of lumion and its cost. When I look at Lumion renders I find they have a generic look and not one I enjoy they look fake and cartoonish. Am I missing some atribute of Lumion that I do not understand as yet

        Thanks

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • jo-keJ
          jo-ke
          last edited by

          decals dosn't work in twinmotion. Ithink in D5 it is the same

          http://www.zz7.de

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • Bryan KB
            Bryan K
            last edited by Bryan K

            L i am, Lumion depends on the user. I've seen some stunning works and some "meh" work. Much like any other render program.

            jo-ke, D5 comes with decals as part of its assets. They say it works, but I've not used it yet, only seen them in the asset library.

            Yeah, I did not learn that it used the Unreal engine until after I installed it, nor that it also uses Nvidia RTX technology.

            I'm only up to lesson 3 of 8 main tutorials, but I can vouch for the above.

            I do know I'll be using both Raylectron and D5 in the future. Both have their strengths.

            See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • L
              L i am
              last edited by

              @jo-ke said:

              decals dosn't work in twinmotion. Ithink in D5 it is the same

              Exactly mate, thats why I asked th question. I thought since both D5 and TM are based on Unreal engine and raytracing in TM does not work with decals (and that is the holy grail for TM to rectify this issue) Twinmotiion (UE) would be right onto the fix if D5 was able to acheive this πŸ˜‰

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Bryan KB
                Bryan K
                last edited by

                Another test render.


                Hotel room D5.png

                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ntxdaveN
                  ntxdave
                  last edited by

                  IMO πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                  Press F1...thank me later

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • Bryan KB
                    Bryan K
                    last edited by

                    Thanks ntxdave!

                    See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • Mike AmosM
                      Mike Amos
                      last edited by

                      Sharp mate. Looks the business. πŸ‘

                      Absentia mortis praesentiam vitae probat, vita autem est argumentum constantiae.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Bryan KB
                        Bryan K
                        last edited by

                        Thanks Mike! πŸ‘

                        See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • Bryan KB
                          Bryan K
                          last edited by

                          Animation test. 4 minutes to render at 720p.

                          See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • ntxdaveN
                            ntxdave
                            last edited by

                            Well done sir. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

                            Press F1...thank me later

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • Bryan KB
                              Bryan K
                              last edited by

                              Thanks ntxdave!

                              See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                              Register Login
                              • 1
                              • 2
                              • 2 / 2
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Buy SketchPlus
                              Buy SUbD
                              Buy WrapR
                              Buy eBook
                              Buy Modelur
                              Buy Vertex Tools
                              Buy SketchCuisine
                              Buy FormFonts

                              Advertisement