sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SUbD Modeling Comp anyone?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    22 Posts 13 Posters 5.8k Views 13 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Rich O BrienR
      Rich O Brien Moderator
      last edited by

      I intend to take part. And do my best to win. Also I'll judge it to make sure I win.

      Just kidding. We'll pick a generic theme rather than a specific object.

      If anyone has suggestions let us know. This poll runs until next week so we'll see if it has legs.

      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • thomthomT
        thomthom
        last edited by

        1000 polys will be an interesting restriction which should produce some interesting solutions to optimise the mesh. πŸ˜„

        Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
        List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • bazB
          baz
          last edited by

          Voted yes but won't compete. But I love seeing SubD examples.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • EarthMoverE
            EarthMover
            last edited by

            A yes from me.

            Would the 1000 poly restriction be for the base control mesh?

            As far as themes, perhaps a whimsical or fairy tale theme?

            3D Artist at Clearstory 3D Imaging
            Guide Tool at Winning With Sketchup
            Content Creator at Skapeup

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • HieruH
              Hieru
              last edited by

              @thomthom said:

              1000 polys will be an interesting restriction which should produce some interesting solutions to optimise the mesh. πŸ˜„

              That's me screwed then. I have a serious addiction to overly complex control meshes. I should probably seek professional help.

              www.davidhier.co.uk

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • Rich O BrienR
                Rich O Brien Moderator
                last edited by

                @earthmover said:

                A yes from me.

                Would the 1000 poly restriction be for the base control mesh?

                As far as themes, perhaps a whimsical or fairy tale theme?

                Yes, 1000 poly count limit on the control cage. We had played with 300 but this seems more adequate for the aficionados.

                Fairy Tale them is good for me. Any objections?

                Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • Rich O BrienR
                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                  last edited by

                  @hieru said:

                  That's me screwed then. I have a serious addiction to overly complex control meshes. I should probably seek professional help.

                  You're beyond help David....

                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • JQLJ
                    JQL
                    last edited by

                    Science Fiction reaches broader audiences as it is also doable by mechanical, engineer and architectural type of guys. But then again, it's because of those guys that it might become a bit dull... (speaking for myself of course, all other mechs, engs and archs are great!)

                    www.casca.pt
                    Visit us on facebook!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • HieruH
                      Hieru
                      last edited by

                      @rich o brien said:

                      You're beyond help David....

                      Tell me about it 🀣

                      www.davidhier.co.uk

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • Rich O BrienR
                        Rich O Brien Moderator
                        last edited by

                        Bump topic...

                        Can we get 4 more votes?

                        Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • bazB
                          baz
                          last edited by

                          @rich o brien said:

                          Bump topic...

                          Can we get 4 more votes?

                          Where are Cotty and Box?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • C
                            Charlie__V
                            last edited by

                            Voted yes.......never used SubD......Vertex Tools......or QuadFaceTools (seems req'd minimum).......so if this goes off I,m fairly certain whatever I manage to produce will be (if recognizable) an _ for effort. 😎
                            Best regards,
                            C

                            PS......I regularly follow/enjoy the SubD examples thread.......so I know already what some of you are capable of!

                            Precision M1710/Win 7 Pro 64 bit/i-7 6920 Quad core 2.9 Ghz -3.8/16Gb ram/NVIDIA M5000M 8Gb

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • BoxB
                              Box
                              last edited by

                              @baz said:

                              Where are Cotty and Box?

                              You don't have to comment to vote Baz, pretty sure my vote was one of the first 3.
                              I won't let on how I voted tho.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • cottyC
                                cotty
                                last edited by

                                @box said:

                                @baz said:

                                Where are Cotty and Box?

                                You don't have to comment to vote Baz, pretty sure my vote was one of the first 3.
                                I won't let on how I voted tho.

                                So mine was one of the two others... πŸ˜‰

                                my SketchUp gallery

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • Rich O BrienR
                                  Rich O Brien Moderator
                                  last edited by

                                  30 - Yes
                                  0 - No
                                  0 - Meh

                                  1 - Box

                                  I'll chat with Thomthom and get this prepped for next week.

                                  The 2 topics suggested were fairytale and sci-fi

                                  Fantasy SciFi? That would mean Star Wars, Avatar, BladeRunner type vibe...

                                  Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • duanekempD
                                    duanekemp
                                    last edited by

                                    What's the news on this?

                                    Duane Kemp

                                    Kemp Productions
                                    Puidoux, Switzerland
                                    Gallery:
                                    https://duanekemp.artstation.com/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • Rich O BrienR
                                      Rich O Brien Moderator
                                      last edited by

                                      In the works.

                                      News later in the week.

                                      Download the free D'oh Book for SketchUp πŸ“–

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                      Register Login
                                      • 1
                                      • 2
                                      • 1 / 2
                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      Buy SketchPlus
                                      Buy SUbD
                                      Buy WrapR
                                      Buy eBook
                                      Buy Modelur
                                      Buy Vertex Tools
                                      Buy SketchCuisine
                                      Buy FormFonts

                                      Advertisement