sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    โš ๏ธ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    SketchUp 2015 is 64bit

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    302 Posts 74 Posters 115.5k Views 74 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • pilouP
      pilou
      last edited by

      Cool function! ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Frenchy Pilou
      Is beautiful that please without concept!
      My Little site :)

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • andybotA
        andybot
        last edited by

        @driven said:

        SketchUp now starts with a 30 day trial of SketchUp Pro.

        which is nice...

        john

        interesting, no more 8 hour trial period? That's too bad imo.

        http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • MsketcherM
          Msketcher
          last edited by

          I'm really excited about the LayOut label tool AutoText features too. It can now read things like dynamic component attributes from your models. I'm trying to get it to be able to read dimension info from windows, so the label tool automatically shows the correct dimensions on windows from inside the layout document. A lot of hidden potential here...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • D
            driven
            last edited by

            @andybot said:

            interesting, no more 8 hour trial period? That's too bad imo.

            I believe the majority of people use up the 8hrs in a day or two...
            now that you can't instal both at the same time and switch just for the pro features, I think it's a good move.
            I prefer 30 days to test any software before purchase...
            john

            learn from the mistakes of others, you may not live long enough to make them all yourself...

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • soloS
              solo
              last edited by

              See the added RAM in SU.

              64 bit advantage.jpg

              http://www.solos-art.com

              If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • KrisidiousK
                Krisidious
                last edited by

                Glass Chapel... Nice.

                By: Kristoff Rand
                Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • andybotA
                  andybot
                  last edited by

                  @driven said:

                  now that you can't instal both at the same time and switch just for the pro features, I think it's a good move.

                  ๐Ÿ˜ณ good move for Trimble I guess. ๐Ÿ‘Š

                  http://charlottesvillearchitecturalrendering.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • MsketcherM
                    Msketcher
                    last edited by

                    @solo said:

                    See the added RAM in SU.

                    I can barely fit your screenshot across my screens. I had to scroll over, and over, and over. I'm jealous of your screen size ๐Ÿ˜„

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pilouP
                      pilou
                      last edited by

                      "Titan" is not an another Planet ? ๐Ÿ˜„

                      @unknownuser said:

                      I'm jealous of your screen size

                      Maybe it's several screens in line? ๐Ÿ˜‰

                      Frenchy Pilou
                      Is beautiful that please without concept!
                      My Little site :)

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • KrisidiousK
                        Krisidious
                        last edited by

                        Looks like they fixed the Scrapbook window in Layout. It now sizes properly.

                        By: Kristoff Rand
                        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • jo-keJ
                          jo-ke
                          last edited by

                          Where can I find the prices update pro2014- pro2015?

                          http://www.zz7.de

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • Dave RD
                            Dave R
                            last edited by

                            @jo-ke said:

                            Where can I find the prices update pro2014- pro2015?

                            Look under "What are the pricing options for the Maintenance & Support Plan?" where you'll find:

                            Single user: $95 USD per year
                            Network: $150 USD per year

                            Etaoin Shrdlu

                            %

                            (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

                            G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

                            M30

                            %

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • oceanembersO
                              oceanembers
                              last edited by

                              @msketcher said:

                              I'm really excited about the LayOut label tool AutoText features too. It can now read things like dynamic component attributes from your models. I'm trying to get it to be able to read dimension info from windows, so the label tool automatically shows the correct dimensions on windows from inside the layout document. A lot of hidden potential here...

                              Is that so? You're right on the hidden potential there, I will investigate further.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • jo-keJ
                                jo-ke
                                last edited by

                                Ah, thank you Dave.

                                http://www.zz7.de

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • PixeroP
                                  Pixero
                                  last edited by

                                  Will thumbnail previews on wondows 64bit work now without any third part software?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • J
                                    jaceguay
                                    last edited by

                                    @thomthom said:

                                    @unknownuser said:

                                    So all existing plugins must be adapted again โ“

                                    Only if they used binary libraries. Most will work as is.
                                    I had two which needed updating; TT_Lib and Vertex Tools. Compatible versions are on PluginStore and ExtensionWarehouse.

                                    I've set X for my shortcut to Delete, still inside vertex tools it doesn't work, only the delete key delete a vertex, even if I remove it from my shortcut list and keep only the X key to delete

                                    edit: I got it now, inside vertex tools it is called erase not delete,

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • BoxB
                                      Box
                                      last edited by

                                      In a word, Yes.
                                      http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15%26amp;t=59648#p543000

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • tt_suT
                                        tt_su
                                        last edited by

                                        @krisidious said:

                                        Well, hello Steve... Nice to meet you.

                                        First time I saw the template figure I thought it was Mike... ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜†

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • tt_suT
                                          tt_su
                                          last edited by

                                          @pixero said:

                                          Will thumbnail previews on wondows 64bit work now without any third part software?

                                          Yes - the thumbnail handler will now be 64bit if you install the 64bit version. Though I'm not sure if you will see thumbnails in 32bit applications when you use the file dialogs.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • hellnbakH
                                            hellnbak
                                            last edited by

                                            Don't know if SU2015 will be a big success or another Windows 8, but at least it is breathing new life and an air of excitement back into the forums.

                                            And after the (IMO) lackluster attempts at taking SU forward with R13 and 14, my fears for Sketchup's future after Trimble are now somewhat laid to rest.

                                            They seem to be getting serious about making changes that really matter.

                                            Kudos, Trimble ๐Ÿ‘

                                            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 12
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 11 / 16
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement