sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Upholstered furniture

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Gallery
    328 Posts 54 Posters 238.6k Views 54 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • stefanqS
      stefanq
      last edited by

      Viscorbel, it's you, isn't it?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • alvisA
        alvis
        last edited by

        @stefanq said:

        Viscorbel, it's you, isn't it?

        He he, no.


        CH 6.jpg

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pbacotP
          pbacot
          last edited by

          Lovely! The princess will have 22 of those.

          MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • alvisA
            alvis
            last edited by

            The Fency armchair by Marco Corti. Nubeitalia
            [edg3d:yl3j3cni]aiCSZgVsY3qY4fR[/edg3d:yl3j3cni]


            nube1.JPG


            nube2.JPG


            nube3.JPG


            nube4.JPG


            NUBE1 (2).jpg


            NUBE CHAIR.jpg

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • cottyC
              cotty
              last edited by

              lovely!

              my SketchUp gallery

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • alvisA
                alvis
                last edited by

                Thanks Cotty!
                Next workflow - Natuzzi MILES sofa and armchair.


                1.JPG


                2.JPG


                3.JPG


                4.JPG


                5.jpg


                Natuzzi MILES-Scene 2.jpg

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • zdesaynZ
                  zdesayn
                  last edited by

                  very nice modeling style πŸ˜„

                  http://zdesignviz.blogspot.com/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • alvisA
                    alvis
                    last edited by

                    Continued...


                    8.JPG


                    9.JPG


                    10.JPG


                    11.jpg

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • alvisA
                      alvis
                      last edited by

                      And final result


                      Natuzzi MILES-11.jpg


                      wire.jpg


                      Natuzzi MILES-Scene 4.jpg


                      Natuzzi MILES-Scene 4 blue.jpg

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • I
                        iiid
                        last edited by

                        This is a very nice sofa collection. Great job!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • jo-keJ
                          jo-ke
                          last edited by

                          This is totaly impressive!

                          http://www.zz7.de

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • alvisA
                            alvis
                            last edited by

                            George II Wing Chair 3


                            George II Wing Chair 1.JPG


                            George II Wing Chair 2.JPG


                            George II Wing Chair 3.JPG


                            George II Wing Chair 4.JPG


                            George II Wing Chair rich.JPG

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • DanielD
                              Daniel
                              last edited by

                              Your models are impressive. Very realistic. My attempts at upholstered furniture always came across as boxy looking.

                              My avatar is an anachronism.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • Bryan KB
                                Bryan K
                                last edited by

                                I'm still trying to grasp if you are making most of the polygons by hand or using soap bubble or something equivalent?

                                See my portfolio at https://delphiscousin.blogspot.com/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • C
                                  cuttingedge
                                  last edited by

                                  I think what makes a sofa realistic are the fine creases. I see this in your renders but I dont see them in the wires shown. Are you further subdividing and sculpting these fine creases or do you apply some bump or normal map?. Certainly i will not think that you photoshopped it.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • RichardR
                                    Richard
                                    last edited by

                                    My mind ponders at how useless I am! Your work serves as an inspiration for all SU users!

                                    BUILTBRAND.COM.AU

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • alvisA
                                      alvis
                                      last edited by

                                      @bryan k said:

                                      I'm still trying to grasp if you are making most of the polygons by hand or using soap bubble or something equivalent?

                                      And yes, and no. I rarely use Soap Skin. Mostly for seating. This tool is good when the edge of the plane is parallel for axes. Sides and the other surfaces made with the Skinning tool and some places by hand.


                                      soap.JPG


                                      Skinning.JPG


                                      difference.JPG

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • alvisA
                                        alvis
                                        last edited by

                                        @cuttingedge said:

                                        I think what makes a sofa realistic are the fine creases. I see this in your renders but I dont see them in the wires shown. Are you further subdividing and sculpting these fine creases or do you apply some bump or normal map?. Certainly i will not think that you photoshopped it.

                                        You Noticed correctly. I use a mixed technique. In some places, the geometry have wrinkles and crease. For the rendering, I applied bump map


                                        CREASES.JPG

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • C
                                          cuttingedge
                                          last edited by

                                          @alvis said:

                                          You Noticed correctly. I use a mixed technique. In some places, the geometry have wrinkles and crease. For the rendering, I applied bump map

                                          but how do you place the bump map of wrinkles where it should be when we do not have proper UV unwrap?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • hellnbakH
                                            hellnbak
                                            last edited by

                                            It would really help my self-esteem if you would post just one sucky model.

                                            "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 13
                                            • 14
                                            • 15
                                            • 16
                                            • 17
                                            • 15 / 17
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement