sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    MSPhysics 1.0.3 (16 October 2017)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Plugins
    930 Posts 173 Posters 1.4m Views 174 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      Anton_S
      last edited by

      @solo said:

      Someday?

      Maybe in a couple of months.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrisidiousK
        Krisidious
        last edited by

        This is the internet... If there's no Beta, it didn't happen.

        By: Kristoff Rand
        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • cottyC
          cotty
          last edited by

          @anton_s said:

          The aim of writing this plugin is to bring SketchyPhysics back!

          Great idea πŸ‘ ❗

          my SketchUp gallery

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • A
            Anton_S
            last edited by

            @krisidious said:

            This is the internet... If there's no Beta, it didn't happen.

            πŸ˜’ You know what? I don't care if you think it doesn't exist. πŸ˜† I'm good as long as you're not planning to hack into my PC and steal the files.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • tt_suT
              tt_su
              last edited by

              @anton_s said:

              hack into my PC and steal the files.

              πŸ’­ πŸ‘Ώ

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • A
                Anton_S
                last edited by

                Hello guys,

                I posted the first alpha version. There are still a lot of things to be worked on, but I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to upload updates as I go.

                Go to the first post and read all the compatibility and requirements, as this plugin is not user friendly yet.

                As far as uploading it to GitHub, it will be in a matter of days.

                I haven't yet created joints, and the dialog, but you can test destructing building and such things...

                Have a nice day!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • cottyC
                  cotty
                  last edited by

                  Fist test VERY promising! πŸ‘ πŸŽ‰

                  [screenr:1z6ajd7z]yhhN[/screenr:1z6ajd7z]

                  my SketchUp gallery

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • K
                    kaas
                    last edited by

                    Very nice. First test no problems. Considering modelling a pachinko machine...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • tt_suT
                      tt_su
                      last edited by

                      @anton_s said:

                      As far as uploading it to GitHub, it will be in a matter of days.

                      πŸŽ‰ 😍

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • J
                        josuapa
                        last edited by

                        @cotty said:

                        Fist test VERY promising! πŸ‘ πŸŽ‰

                        [screenr:zkq34ycx]yhhN[/screenr:zkq34ycx]

                        It's awesome. I'm testing, but my blocks fall into infinity (the boundary surface drops as well) πŸ˜• . I do not know how to make a surface to retain them. How I can fix it? Could you stop the simulation and save the drawing? Thank you! πŸ˜„

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • cottyC
                          cotty
                          last edited by

                          You need a static mesh (context menu).

                          my SketchUp gallery

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • A
                            Anton_S
                            last edited by

                            @josuapa said:

                            It's awesome. I'm testing, but my blocks fall into infinity (the boundary surface drops as well) πŸ˜• . I do not know how to make a surface to retain them. How I can fix it? Could you stop the simulation and save the drawing? Thank you! πŸ˜„

                            It states in the status text to use SHIFT key to lift objects.
                            You can use ESC to quit and Break/Pause button to toggle play.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • J
                              josuapa
                              last edited by

                              @cotty said:

                              You need a static mesh (context menu).

                              Thanks a lot ! It's perfect !!!! 😍

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • PixeroP
                                Pixero
                                last edited by

                                Can it do soft bodies too?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • soloS
                                  solo
                                  last edited by

                                  @cotty said:

                                  You need a static mesh (context menu).

                                  Can you explain this a little more detail?

                                  Say I want to fill a bowl with marbles, how can that be done?

                                  http://www.solos-art.com

                                  If you see a toilet in your dreams do not use it.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • jiminy-billy-bobJ
                                    jiminy-billy-bob
                                    last edited by

                                    @solo said:

                                    Say I want to fill a bowl with marbles, how can that be done?

                                    Select your bowl, in the context menu choose "static" in "state", and "coumpound from mesh" in "shape".

                                    25% off Skatter for SketchUcation Premium Members

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • A
                                      Anton_S
                                      last edited by

                                      @pixero said:

                                      Can it do soft bodies too?

                                      Newton 3.12 has that feature, but its unfinished. I might integrate it into MSPhysics when its finished.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • A
                                        Anton_S
                                        last edited by

                                        @jiminy-billy-bob said:

                                        @solo said:

                                        Say I want to fill a bowl with marbles, how can that be done?

                                        Select your bowl, in the context menu choose "static" in "state", and "coumpound from mesh" in "shape".

                                        Compound from mesh bodies are not recommended, as complex bodies could generate improper collisions. You might set a bowl static mesh, but make sure that the front faces are always facing out because the front faces are the only faces that generate the collisions, not the back faces.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • tt_suT
                                          tt_su
                                          last edited by

                                          @pixero said:

                                          Can it do soft bodies too?

                                          Like tribles? πŸ˜„


                                          tribles.jpg

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • PixeroP
                                            Pixero
                                            last edited by

                                            @tt_su said:

                                            @pixero said:

                                            Can it do soft bodies too?

                                            Like tribles? πŸ˜„

                                            You mean, like Trimbles? πŸ˜›

                                            No, I mean like flags, cloth and such.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 3
                                            • 4
                                            • 5
                                            • 46
                                            • 47
                                            • 2 / 47
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement