sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Sketchup 2013 issues

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    208 Posts 53 Posters 54.8k Views 53 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • jiminy-billy-bobJ
      jiminy-billy-bob
      last edited by

      @gareth said:

      Jeff, that's the minimalistic look...!

      Haha ! I laughed hard πŸ˜„

      25% off Skatter for SketchUcation Premium Members

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • KrisidiousK
        Krisidious
        last edited by

        What happened to the WalkThrough Toolbar? Walk, Look Around and Position Camera. The commands are still there in the drop down, but the toolbar is gone? I liked that toolbar damnit!

        By: Kristoff Rand
        Home DesignerUnique House Plans

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • BoxB
          Box
          last edited by

          Do you mean the one called Camera? Ah I see now, they have combined walkthrough with other tools.
          Edit, so you can make your own now if you just want the small walkthrough tools.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • KrisidiousK
            Krisidious
            last edited by

            Oh... So I need to move them from the large tool set where ever I want. Ok. I can do that.

            I see what you meant. They added it to the camera toolbar.

            So my Wallet is not gone... 🀣

            By: Kristoff Rand
            Home DesignerUnique House Plans

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • GarethG
              Gareth
              last edited by

              @jiminy-billy-bob said:

              @gareth said:

              Jeff, that's the minimalistic look...!

              Haha ! I laughed hard πŸ˜„

              πŸ˜„ i chuckled too.....but I always laugh at my own jokes...!!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • A
                archheni
                last edited by

                @unknownuser said:

                hey Frederik

                you can try setting your AA via the ruby console.. enter this:

                Test.set_AA_method(4)

                it will probably echo back 0 meaning your AA was previously set to 0.. relaunch sketchup and it will be set to 4x (or whatever # you choose to enter in the console.)

                Wow, that's interesting. Should've known some years ago..πŸ˜’ However on Retina displays Anti Aliasing has become irrelevant (in both CAD and Games applications). In fact it looks better now with the setting "0"..

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • S
                  sepo
                  last edited by

                  Capture.PNG

                  I am having this error....any idea where it is coming from?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • thomthomT
                    thomthom
                    last edited by

                    Is it this one?
                    http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/grid-tool

                    Think I have that installed - not seen any errors though.

                    Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • S
                      sepo
                      last edited by

                      thanks...that was the one. I do not recall installing it but after installing it now no more error report.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • jeff hammondJ
                        jeff hammond
                        last edited by

                        @gareth said:

                        @jiminy-billy-bob said:

                        @gareth said:

                        Jeff, that's the minimalistic look...!

                        Haha ! I laughed hard πŸ˜„

                        πŸ˜„ i chuckled too.....but I always laugh at my own jokes...!!

                        well, your follow up joke is a good one too πŸ˜„

                        dotdotdot

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • jeff hammondJ
                          jeff hammond
                          last edited by

                          @archheni said:

                          Wow, that's interesting. Should've known some years ago..πŸ˜’ However on Retina displays Anti Aliasing has become irrelevant (in both CAD and Games applications). In fact it looks better now with the setting "0"..

                          fwiw, i keep my AA at 0.. and i don't even have a retina display yet.. i still have another year or two with my current mbp (i hope πŸ˜‰ )

                          dotdotdot

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • pbacotP
                            pbacot
                            last edited by

                            @unknownuser said:

                            @archheni said:

                            Wow, that's interesting. Should've known some years ago..πŸ˜’ However on Retina displays Anti Aliasing has become irrelevant (in both CAD and Games applications). In fact it looks better now with the setting "0"..

                            fwiw, i keep my AA at 0.. and i don't even have a retina display yet.. i still have another year or two with my current mbp (i hope πŸ˜‰ )

                            I found that upping the AA by this method made my previous Mac SU image "jump" all the time. Change view then it gives a view and then the FOV seems to jump forward slightly. As annoying as the bad AA. And I think it slowed performance.

                            On the Retina display the edges are TOO FINE and I can hardly tell if something is selected. Even the face highlight is faint.

                            MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • jeff hammondJ
                              jeff hammond
                              last edited by

                              @pbacot said:

                              I found that upping the AA by this method made my previous Mac SU image "jump" all the time. Change view then it gives a view and then the FOV seems to jump forward slightly. As annoying as the bad AA. And I think it slowed performance.

                              On the Retina display the edges are TOO FINE and I can hardly tell if something is selected. Even the face highlight is faint.

                              really?
                              I thought there was a su update for the retina displays?
                              or maybe by 'update', it just meant that the app would work on the displays though not necessarily optimized for them?

                              dotdotdot

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • pbacotP
                                pbacot
                                last edited by

                                @unknownuser said:

                                @pbacot said:

                                I found that upping the AA by this method made my previous Mac SU image "jump" all the time. Change view then it gives a view and then the FOV seems to jump forward slightly. As annoying as the bad AA. And I think it slowed performance.

                                On the Retina display the edges are TOO FINE and I can hardly tell if something is selected. Even the face highlight is faint.

                                really?
                                I thought there was a su update for the retina displays?
                                or maybe by 'update', it just meant that the app would work on the displays though not necessarily optimized for them?

                                Here is a screen shot. At the default zoom the png looks stronger than the original Retina. If you click on the image it is way stronger (magnified) and not representative.


                                Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 10.16.24 AM.png

                                MacOSX MojaveSketchUp Pro v19 Twilight v2 Thea v3 PowerCADD

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • jeff hammondJ
                                  jeff hammond
                                  last edited by

                                  @pbacot said:

                                  Here is a screen shot. At the default zoom the png looks stronger than the original Retina. If you click on the image it is way stronger (magnified) and not representative.

                                  hmm.. i'm not quite sure you can post a screenshot from your retina screen then have non-retina viewers see what it's really like.. for instance, the picture you posted is over 16" wide on my monitor at full size (which is already wider than your entire display even though you're only showing us a cropped portion of it)

                                  it looks ok as far as the selection highlights /edge sizes are concerned..
                                  but on your screen, i imagine it's much smaller and finer looking

                                  [edit] oh.. right.. i guess you were already saying something similar in your post.. but yeah, on a retina screen, the edges etc should be wider in px size than what they are on my screen.. but i guess sketchup is displaying everything at the same px size regardless of which display is being used.

                                  dotdotdot

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • BurkhardB
                                    Burkhard
                                    last edited by

                                    RAL colo(u)rs are not working. They do not show up in the Material Browser, although they are at the same place in both Versions.

                                    attached is the .skm


                                    RAL-Farben.skm

                                    http://www.ia-plus.de

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • TIGT
                                      TIG Moderator
                                      last edited by

                                      Because SketchUp 2013 will probably have created all of this folders/subfolders with the default Windows permissions - which are limited for everyone - including admins ! you might have an issue...

                                      You will probably have [rightly] given FULL permissions to all users in Properties > Security > Edit... for your Plugins folder... letting you install and 'manage' plugins effectively.

                                      BUT please remember that when you add files to the folders for Materials, Components, Styles etc these folders also need to have FULL permissions... otherwise Windows can fool you into thinking you have installed them... BUT in fact they have gone into a 'Compatibilities Files...' subfolder in the VirtualStore...
                                      Having a link saying that in the top-bar of a Windows Explorer window for a folder is a serious clue...

                                      TIG

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • BoxB
                                        Box
                                        last edited by

                                        It doesn't appear to be a permissions issue. I have the same result and I know all my permissions are set correctly.

                                        I added the Ral to SU8 and it happily works, I was then able to create a new collection from there back into the 2013 Materials folder. So it is a work around but it does work.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • BurkhardB
                                          Burkhard
                                          last edited by

                                          Thanks Box. I was sure to set the permission to all my folders. But the workaround is welcome. Thanks to both

                                          http://www.ia-plus.de

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • TIGT
                                            TIG Moderator
                                            last edited by

                                            I copied all of my Material subfolders from v8 into v2013... and so far they all work fine...
                                            Including the RAL set... πŸ˜•
                                            I have unfettered permissions to all files/folders in my 'SketchUp 2013' folder...

                                            TIG

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • 1
                                            • 2
                                            • 7
                                            • 8
                                            • 9
                                            • 10
                                            • 11
                                            • 10 / 11
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Buy SketchPlus
                                            Buy SUbD
                                            Buy WrapR
                                            Buy eBook
                                            Buy Modelur
                                            Buy Vertex Tools
                                            Buy SketchCuisine
                                            Buy FormFonts

                                            Advertisement