sketchucation logo sketchucation
    • Login
    Oops, your profile's looking a bit empty! To help us tailor your experience, please fill in key details like your SketchUp version, skill level, operating system, and more. Update and save your info on your profile page today!
    ⚠️ Update | Sketchucation Tools 5.0.8 released with licensing improvements and bugfixes Download

    Screen capture

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved SketchUp Discussions
    sketchup
    19 Posts 11 Posters 1.5k Views 11 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Dave RD
      Dave R
      last edited by

      Jim, will it record audio, too?

      Etaoin Shrdlu

      %

      (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

      G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

      M30

      %

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • J
        Jim
        last edited by

        Yes, and has some other tools - screen measure, color picker, image editor. Well worth the $20.

        Hi

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • Dave RD
          Dave R
          last edited by

          Thanks. What format is video saved in?

          Etaoin Shrdlu

          %

          (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

          G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

          M30

          %

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • J
            Jim
            last edited by

            Windows Media Video Format (.wmv)

            Hi

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • Dave RD
              Dave R
              last edited by

              Thanks.

              Etaoin Shrdlu

              %

              (THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE)

              G28 X0.0 Y0.0 Z0.0

              M30

              %

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • N
                nickchun
                last edited by

                Thanks for all your replies! My head is spinning now......

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • hellnbakH
                  hellnbak
                  last edited by

                  @jim said:

                  Long time FastStone Capture user for screenshots and video.

                  Yeah, I use it for all my screen captures, does a great job.

                  "Politicians are just like diapers -- they need to be changed often, and for the same reason"

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • thomthomT
                    thomthom
                    last edited by

                    By far the best screen and video capture software I've used is Screepresso: http://www.screenpresso.com/

                    I make my tutorials/guides with them - easy uploads to hosting services like YouTube and I use it all the time to make screenshots with annotations.

                    Thomas Thomassen β€” SketchUp Monkey & Coding addict
                    List of my plugins and link to the CookieWare fund

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olisheaO
                      olishea
                      last edited by

                      Loved my recent use of Screenr. Great how it's all based online and you can sign in with google/hotmail or whatever. Great thread! Thanks....oh and it works fine with mac! πŸ˜†

                      oli

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • BoxB
                        Box
                        last edited by

                        I agree with you Oli, about the online nature of Screenr.
                        I move around a lot and use a variety of computers. Even here in my house I have four, then there are offices and workshops etc in various countries. So using a program that needs to be installed on the computer is kinda annoying. I'm often in places without internet coverage but usually then I have my main travel/work laptop and am self contained. But often I'll be in the office in Oslo one day and the london one the next and just being able to sit down at any computer and log in is a huge bonus.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • beginnerB
                          beginner
                          last edited by

                          Free Camstudio
                          http://camstudio.org/
                          I like the handy capture function -> Region -> Window
                          Please note if you want to capture (in Camstudio 2.6c) 1680x945 YouTube 16:9 the size of the window should be 1px smaller = 1679x944
                          I'm not sure if the problem has been fixed in the 2.7 Version.

                          Use also Sizer to preset your preferred window size
                          http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/
                          I use it also to test 'responsiveness' of mobile website themes.


                          20130326-SUCamstudio.gif


                          20130326-SUSizer.gif

                          Regards, SU 'beginner'

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • GaieusG
                            Gaieus
                            last edited by

                            For stills I use Gadwin Print Scrreen I do not know about the other apps mentioned above but it's important to have a delay function as it can be used with all the modifier keys for SU.

                            Gai...

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                            Register Login
                            • 1 / 1
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            Buy SketchPlus
                            Buy SUbD
                            Buy WrapR
                            Buy eBook
                            Buy Modelur
                            Buy Vertex Tools
                            Buy SketchCuisine
                            Buy FormFonts

                            Advertisement